test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion: Bring Back Delta Recuit Event

kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
Cryptic, while this was an event from 2015, many of us weren't around to participate in this event. Please bring back this event so that returning players and new players can take advantage of this event. After all, there are permanent NPCs in-game that allow participants in this event to claim and re-claim items that were rewarded during this event.

Please consider this request.
possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better

Comments

• rllaillieurllaillieu Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    I feel like this should be an FCT by now...
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    rllaillieu wrote: »
    I feel like this should be an FCT by now...

Fully Agree :)
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    Nah... This is fairly new... No need for it to be in the FCT......

However to answer the suggestion/question, yes, yes it will be back OP...when? I don't know! But I know it'll be this year.... As per Gekos most recent interviews...
    6tviTDx.png

• szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    It might come back when the new expansion goes live, or as a filler event between the summer event and the expansion.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    there are two possibilities here, there could be a complete rerun of the event for like you say in your opening statement the many of us weren't around to participate in this event, so that returning players and new players can take advantage of this event.
    this will be good for the few players who for whatever reason not around for the first delta event but for the many players who took part during the last event this will not be so good as the account rewards were all unlocked and claimed during the first event and you will not be able to claim these rewards for a second time.
    so for most of the players who took part in the first event this would likely be a big disappointment.

the second possibility would be an event in the style of delta recruit but based on something different like say a gamma recruit event with a completely different set of account unlock rewards.
    this may be more beneficial to a greater number of players but for and players who were specifically hoping to create a delta character you could end up being slightly disappointed.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

Because my phone refuses to allow me to quote things, @comrademoco I've seen about a dozen threads about this in the past week and a half, not to mention going back a month or so. It's not new. It's just annoying.
  • kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    Cryptic used to do those "featured episodes" events ... but they even pulled those and promised they would be back. rllaillieu, nice to see people with nothing to add to the conversation other than to complain. So you're annoyed. It's not that important. But, Cryptic needs to start re-offering these events for those of us who didn't participate in them.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    Nah... This is fairly new... No need for it to be in the FCT......

However to answer the suggestion/question, yes, yes it will be back OP...when? I don't know! But I know it'll be this year.... As per Gekos most recent interviews...

Do you know where specifically this was said. I know Priority One just did an interview with him recently, so if it was in that one a timestamp were about I can hear this myself would work. Either that or a link to some other interview.

I generally ignore stuff like that (especially if there is only a video of the interview) as Cryptic tends to keep things close to their chest when it comes to interesting information. But I would be interested in the Delta Recruit event happening again, so something I could hear/read for myself would be great.
    kemcha wrote: »
    Cryptic used to do those "featured episodes" events ... but they even pulled those and promised they would be back. rllaillieu, nice to see people with nothing to add to the conversation other than to complain. So you're annoyed. It's not that important. But, Cryptic needs to start re-offering these events for those of us who didn't participate in them.

Go back and read my first comment, darlin'. I was saying that this ought to be a FCT because the devs have A.) Already confirmed this, some time ago, and B.) I've seen a dozen threads like it in the past two weeks, let alone in the past couple of months. It's called being tired of seeing the same BS over and over again. If you dropped by the forums often enough, you'd be annoyed to. And if they weren't here for an event, boohoo. I wasn't here for most of the beginning of DR because the patch download made my computer hate STO for nearly six months. So really, not being here isn't an excuse. Plenty of people were here.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    the sad thing is the FCT feature is not used nearly enough for my liking.
    this is only one of the many threads that would end up there if I had my way.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.