April fools
    bjornfried wrote: »
    Its back online!

April fools
  • nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    nebfab wrote: »
    tarran61 wrote: »
    We really need to import the concept of space hamsters... :)
    Wouldn't that be "Tribbles"?
    Well, D&D space hamsters aren't very much like either regular hamsters or tribbles... I still think they're the funniest thing in D&D ever:
    http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Miniature_giant_space_hamster
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsters_of_Spelljammer#Giant_space_hamster
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Seems to be behaving now....
    SulMatuul.png
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    Seems to be behaving now....

Deader than a redshirt after the 5 year mission. Launcher still stuck on "Trying to connect to patchserver"

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,911 Arc User
    Yeah neverwinter too. another DDOS attack I wager anyone know if there is a new givaway today or is it still the borg doff?
    sig.jpg
    Yeah neverwinter too. another DDOS attack I wager anyone know if there is a new givaway today or is it still the borg doff?

Acc to the blog, It's him until 10 am pacific tomorrow.
    tarran61 wrote: »
    We really need to import the concept of space hamsters... :)
    Wouldn't that be "Tribbles"?
    Well, D&D space hamsters aren't very much like either regular hamsters or tribbles... I still think they're the funniest thing in D&D ever:
    http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Miniature_giant_space_hamster
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsters_of_Spelljammer#Giant_space_hamster
    But this here is STO.

Ah, well, never explain the joke, and never joke about 90's D&D stuff on non-D&D forum, I guess...

But just for the pedantry sake, a poster I was replying to compared STO and NW tweets, and thought NW one was at least funny (because it mentioned Boo...) and I made an overly nerdy joke based on that.
  • eliteempireeliteempire Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I'd wager that the Falconer fellow isn't actually disconnected from the Collective, and he broke into the Cryptic server room and started pulling out cords.
  • briqe51briqe51 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    "Attempting to connect to controller tracker".
    Launcher doesn't even work at all at the moment.

Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
  • shurkhemolightshurkhemolight Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    Lol, the ddos guy again, 6 yrs and these ppl cant get it together, first day of vacation and it's the "ddos" guy again. Wonder why all the yrs ive played mmos with millions of other subscribers not one of them was a ddos genius. Cryptic and their ddos guy.
  • santandreasantandrea Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    they really need to fix the servers i have farmin to do before work lol
    No "Cryptic" means that guy, it'l be posted soon im sure if it already hasn't been, wonder where this guy or someone like him was all these yrs in other mmos. Wait for it, it cannot possibly be Cryptic, it's the ddos guy.
    with they would give us an eta of the fix some of have TRIBBLE to do :neutral:
    And someone posted this guy said somewhere it's him until 10 AM Pacific tomorrow?. Youd think they'd find a way to get around this guy, imagine the Zen sales that aren't going through. state of the game, lol.
    u can still buy zen u just cant play the games atm :wink:
  • bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    It's a network issue and not that limp wristed ddos'er, I'm in game and I'm not alone, there's quite a few others in here too.​​
    And someone posted this guy said somewhere it's him until 10 AM Pacific tomorrow?. Youd think they'd find a way to get around this guy, imagine the Zen sales that aren't going through. state of the game, lol.

Nah, I didn't meant DDOs guy. It was a question about the giveaway borg doff.
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    Can't believe some people get that angry over something so petty. It's not like Cryptic decided to shut the servers down purposefully.
    Oh im not angry, after 6 yrs, this companies approach has become par for the course, love how "aaalll" the other companies are just "lucky", yea.
    some ppl live on the internet lol
    santandrea wrote: »
    u can still buy zen u just cant play the games atm :wink:

Lol, this doesn't suprise me either.
    workin or not there still greedy :wink:
    bejaymac wrote: »
    It's a network issue and not that limp wristed ddos'er, I'm in game and I'm not alone, there's quite a few others in here too.​​

With every US player absent you can be sure fixing it is a top priority. Now if only they could hurry up and do so..

It's a "Cryptic" issue, it's the "way they have their network set up", i can do "anything else" on the net i want right now, as long as it doesn't involve "STO", and doing anything with the zen i just bought 2 days ago, lol.
    Oh im not angry, after 6 yrs, this companies approach has become par for the course, love how "aaalll" the other companies are just "lucky", yea.
    Cryptic doesn't use him as an excuse (in fact, they try to mention him as little as possible, and often claimed actual DDOS attacks were "technical problems") and although I understand your rage, it's a bit misaimed in this case.

I honestly think it's a genuine technical issue this time, not an attack BTW.
    gradii wrote: »

With every US player absent you can be sure fixing it is a top priority. Now if only they could hurry up and do so..

i agree i just want them to go faster haha
  • briqe51briqe51 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Need to get Data on the job, but he's been disconnected from the net.
    edited April 2016
    Cryptic doesn't use him as an excuse (in fact, they try to mention him as little as possible, and often claimed actual DDOS attacks were "technical problems") and although I understand your rage, it's a bit misaimed in this case.

I honestly think it's a genuine technical issue this time, not an attack BTW.

Lol, you are mistaking facts for rage, if this company is a master at anything, it is smoke, mirrors, and excuses, oh and before i get asked why i still play then, ive been a lts since it was offered, gotta get my trek fix somehow.^^
    Seems to be back for me, at least I got all the way to ESD...