test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    the speed is too low? what speed?

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    wtf did I just watch. I stay away from the game and forums for a couple of weeks and as soon as I come back something pulls me away. I try and I try to come back but you keep pulling me away!!!
  • Options
    commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    Well my time has officially been wasted.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    eh?
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    6889518658_59f1e7277e_o.png
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    C'mon guys, it's really simple. The speed is to low. As in, the speed is low as well as the other stuff that is also low. Duh. Basic English grammar!

;)

Or maybe it's the speed to a common (and thus understood) destination is low.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    Sarcasm fail led to faceplant...

Though other than a "speed limit record", what's the goal/benefit/whatever of doing 2864 impulse during a combat situation?

Offensive time-on-target at those speeds is what, .2 seconds? And if all those speed boosts wear off before you're back in range, then you've got a long slog back to the fight...

What would be more impressive to me is if you cracked 2000 impulse without having to have been shot at for 10 seconds first...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    captainhunter05captainhunter05 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    the thing is the speed is buggy in the game without tr and the team i can reach aswell the samespeed
    27871612ud.png

• Options
    but the most of you dont check it what we want to say with the vid, becuase you are to dumb for the world
    27871612ud.png

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Dumb? You're the one admitting to playing PVP. ;)
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2016
    Edit: nop nvm idk what I just saw.... And I saw the video several times...

And good Lord what a cluttered screen!!!!
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    Dumb? You're the one admitting to playing PVP. ;)

I mean the comments a waste of my time they dont even check what is wrong with the game ....
    27871612ud.png

• Options
    tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    Relax, friend.
    /channel_join grind
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    I vote for close before this one gets out of hand.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Everyone now is more dumber as a result of this thread....

​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    Well my time has officially been wasted.

ok than one question if this is a waste of your time why you writting than a comment under it isnt this just more waste of your time....
    27871612ud.png

• Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    what1_zpsf01f26d0.gif
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    @meimeitoo

Sorry quote button not working. But now I want my slipstream effect to be plaid. =^_~=

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    but the most of you dont check it what we want to say with the vid, becuase you are to dumb for the world

General rule for internet posting..

If you're going to put up a post and question peoples intellectual capacity by calling them 'dumb,' then as a rule of thumb, the post you use to do so should at least feature proper grammar.

You're calling other people 'dumb' and then starting your sentence with 'but,' and frequently using 'to' instead of 'too.' Oh, and you also misspelled 'because'. Not to mention, the general fact that your train wreck of a sentence is generally incomprehensible to begin with.

If you post something, and most people that reply don't understand your post, then it's pretty obvious that you did a poor job of illustrating your initial point.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    I'm still lost and confused on what I'm supposed to be looking for...

I guess I must be dumb! :neutral:
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User

When I wasted the minute or two of my life watching the video, I saw some dude blast some other dude with a near-max alpha strike, which, when combined with his comrade's activation of much tankyness saw one of the pair flying at impulse speeds >2000...

At which point Vegeta's scouter broke and the video mercifully came to an end...

I mean, I made my earlier commentary about how their sarcasm is full of fail, since I seem to be the only poster here that had caught onto it.

At least I hope it was supposed to be blunt-force sarcasm... I also mentioned that being able to do this without a second player and a 30-second lead in would be... more impressive - and I questioned the usefulness of such a burst without a way to "readily" correct back once the high speeds sent a player to the far reaches of the netherverse... I mean "PvP map"...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    dareau wrote: »

When I wasted the minute or two of my life watching the video, I saw some dude blast some other dude with a near-max alpha strike, which, when combined with his comrade's activation of much tankyness saw one of the pair flying at impulse speeds >2000...

At which point Vegeta's scouter broke and the video mercifully came to an end...

I mean, I made my earlier commentary about how their sarcasm is full of fail, since I seem to be the only poster here that had caught onto it.

At least I hope it was supposed to be blunt-force sarcasm... I also mentioned that being able to do this without a second player and a 30-second lead in would be... more impressive - and I questioned the usefulness of such a burst without a way to "readily" correct back once the high speeds sent a player to the far reaches of the netherverse... I mean "PvP map"...

ah I see now! :smile:
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    I don't really see what the deal is, that speed is fairly easy to hit just by mashing speed buffs without any PvP aspect. I've done faster, but truthfully it has no actual use in game other than maybe quickly traversing the Dyson Sphere, and if you're building for that you're probably hurting your ship.

Not to mention there aren't a lot of maps that are big enough for this.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    deokkent wrote: »
    Yeah, I think these guys are germans, so I gave them benefit of the doubt until they started QQin' so things went to ludicrous plaid.

Well, whatever you do, don't mention the war! :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Yeah, I think these guys are germans, so I gave them benefit of the doubt until they started QQin' so things went to ludicrous plaid.

dont-mention-the-war-65083.png

ysc9lb.gif
  • Options
    equinox976 wrote: »
    meimeitoo wrote: »

dont-mention-the-war-65083.png

ysc9lb.gif

LOL. Yes, Fawlty Towers, instant classic! :) Brilliant scene! Thx for posting it.
    3lsZz0w.jpg