What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So...time for a little polishing on New Romulus

2»

Comments

• Options
    devilzaphandevilzaphan Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    With 11.5 releasing in about two weeks (from the date of this response), I hope the folks at Cryptic don't forget to add in the little polishing items in the OP. There is still time! :)
    LMAO! this is Cryptic, they run at the speed of a tortoise not a hare.
    Romulan sexy time
    romulancommander1.jpg

• Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    With 11.5 releasing in about two weeks (from the date of this response), I hope the folks at Cryptic don't forget to add in the little polishing items in the OP. There is still time! :)
    LMAO! this is Cryptic, they run at the speed of a tortoise not a hare.

dude tortise left the gates last month and is near the finish line... Im not sure Cryptic has left the starter box
  • Options
    stoltsstolts Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    jbmonroe wrote: »
    Qo'nos had already been redone, though, and New Romulus is newer than that.

This. How it works is... revamp FED, FED, RRF, FED, KDF, FED, FED, FED, RRF...

So 2 more FED revamps before its RRF's turn again.
    1686is5.jpg
    The first Belfast was commanded by Captain Ve'Kal Shon until its destruction in 2409. A new ship was commissioned bearing the same name and registry as special dispensation to then newly promoted Captain Edward XIII for his pivotal role during the renewed Dominion War.
  • Options
    isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    It's even less than polishing, it's just adding a few NPCs - they do that for events (Risan greeter / Q etc) and while it seems like a small thing it makes a big difference in where you base your characters which also impacts how factions are percived.
    aliguana wrote: »
    I'd like to see New Romulus City opened up (surely they've built it by now...). Maybe an area the size of Bajor, with streets and shops and shady looking Remans and a Romulan Academy.

While people complain about being Fed-centric. I think it would be far more awesome to have a San Fran street scene. Not ultra modern Starfleet buildings, I mean old buildings - think when Phlox got kidnapped. It would make a nice visual difference and personally I'd prefer a hub like that to ESD's club or Captain's table.

Though with any new addition (creation of a new zone as opposed to adding to existing zones per the OP) I think they need to be designed as more than a shop for bank/mail/shipselector/tailor etc. I'd like to see minor mission givers dotted around and small quests to do within the zone. Somewhere between a hub and an adventure zone - just to give it a bit more depth. Something like that could help flesh out the duller areas of ESD (the club, the walkway up top, medical, provision supplies, entrance to the shuttle bay).

• Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    ahhh optimists :P

Indeed, the very core of Trek - optimism. :)

I believe in our dev team.

• Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    ahhh optimists :P

Indeed, the very core of Trek - optimism. :)

I believe in our dev team.

every time I hear a gecko interview I believe in em less :/