Comments

• Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    no
    I see the phrase t6u but hear 'I want moar dps nao!!!'
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    no
    Until they run out of T6 ships to sell they have no need for T7. Actually they don't even need T7 yet then as long as enough players buy enough of the existing T6 ships.

Sure, T7 will happen someday. But someday we're all gonna die. You'll have time.

https://youtu.be/h9eQ8_T1ytU

• Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    no
    Hopefully the OP is not doing market research for Cryptic; they might have bad news for them :D
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    no
    equinox976 wrote: »
    There is just no need. So, no.

Mind you, there was no need for T6/T5-U until they made things harder, so who is to say?

Technically there is still no "need" for T6/T5-U, "all" content can played and completed with plain T5 and Fleet T5 ships, including elite queues.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    no
    Nope, it's not time for T6-U. It will never be time for T6-U.
    It wasn't even time for T6 in the first place, but "Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it!". rolleyes.gif
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    no
    Simple logic:

If each "step" in the ship power progress chart is supposed to represent a 10% increase from the "previous" level, then applying an upgrade token to a Fleet T6 would result in a ship that's "30% stronger" than the last "freebie" ship everyone receives on their account - the "baseline" T5...

Math? T5 base, +10% for T6, +10% for Fleeting the T6, then +10% for the upgrade token.

Can you write content that will "challenge" these FT6Us and be beatable by a "Casual" T5 "freebie"?

Thusly, I'm not worried about an upgrade program for T6s till they start issuing "free" T6s as part of the levelling process (or some universal dealie like a remains in story-arc mission), which will be a key sign that T7 is "on it's way"...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    no
    I would have a "H*ll No" option... so I went with a,lesser version...
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    no
    You missed an option:

Oh haaaaaaale no!
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    no
    Mother of god, no.
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    no
    How about no more tiers since the designs have become less than stellar and there is no way in hell I'm going to continue to pay for more overpriced pixels to replace my current overpriced pixels. I will probably drop the game at that point.
  • Options
    no
    thus far this poll restores an incredibly tiny bit of my faith in this player base
  • Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    no
    No....
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    no
    Hey we found a topic we all agree on!!
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    no
    cidjack wrote: »
    Hey we found a topic we all agree on!!

nope there are 2 yes votes
  • Options
    devilzaphandevilzaphan Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    no
    Yeah, like we need more power creep. :P
    Agree

Romulan sexy time
    romulancommander1.jpg

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,328 Community Moderator
    no
    I agree with @zarato4218. That assessment is pretty accurate. There's potentially no end to T6 as long as Cryptic can keep coming up with new Specializations and Ship Traits. They'd have to come up with a completely new concept for ships to justify T7.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    no
    Pardon my French... But ah heeeeeelllllll noooooo!!!

In a serious note... No, that'll indeed make t5 and t5u obsolete!
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    darrylhainesdarrylhaines Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    no
    NO!
    Only reason why T6-U ships would be released is if there were T7 ships out.
    There are at present no T7 ships.
    End Of!
  • Options
    djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
  • Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    no
    T7 ships would require a level cap raise. I don't know but I don't think we will ever see a level cap raise in the rest of the lifetime of this game.

I might be wrong though. If they do a level cap raise it'll probably just be numeric levels and no rank. I mean we're already Fleet Admirals and Dahar Masters. You might just get level 65 or 70 Fleet Admirals and Dahar Masters. But even then I suspect we won't see a level cap raise.

• Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    no
    Hmmmm.....troll post?

Or "moar poweeer creeeeepppp" post?

Either way HELL NO!
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    no
    I say we skip T7 -T9 and go straight to T-10

And a month later come out with T-11s and T-10Us

Only stipulation is , every ship in the game gets replaced by kittens our phaser turned to walkie talkies and our torps now fire tribbles lol

No but HELL no to the Ops idea
  • Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    no
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Not sure where you are getting this from...but they don't NEED to do any such thing. If they think they can make money by reselling you the same ship with a bit more HP and 1 boff seat and console space for 35 bucks...they will...without a level cap...in a heart beat. That is what they are SUPPOSE to do as a buisness. The thing is, they know that doing that will hurt them...like DR hurt them...probably worse actually. This poll shows that pretty clearly.
    The game is set up in such a way that Tiers are every ten levels. For there to be a Tier 7 you need to be able to level up past 60. In other words, a level cap raise.

• Options
    ultimatenewbieultimatenewbie Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    no
    I'm sure this has been said by others, but just adding my voice to it:
    • The Game's content is achievable with current ships;
    • Power creep is unnecessary;
    • Changing the game's content to challenge current T6s, let alone T6U or T7s, would essentially make the last free to play base T5 ships unable to finish end-game content. That is a very big bridge to burn.
    • There arent enough designs for new Tier 7 ships, which would imply the need for T6U (manyT5s havent got their T6 variants yet);
    • I really, really dont want to rebuy all my ships again :(