test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Iconian Resistance Warp Core Full Impulse Regen Sometimes Causing Red Alert

icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
This is an issue I've been meaning to report for some time, however it is only now that I think I've got EXACTLY what it is pinned down.

The following passive is available on the Iconian Resistance Warp and Singularity Cores:
100 Hull Regeneration per second while at Full Impulse
20 Shield Regeneration per second to each facing while at Full Impulse

When a player goes to full impulse, these trigger. If the player using the Iconian Resistance Warp Core and the Starship Trait "Regenerative Nanite Cloud" from the Experimental Science Vessel [T6], the Hull Regeneration from the Warp Core (and presumably the Singularity Core, were the Starship Trait available to Romulan characters) will repeatedly proc Regenerative Nanite Cloud. Which is fine...

Except when it heals other players' hangar pets. In that instance, the Regenerative Nanite Cloud forces the player going o Full Impulse into Red Alert, cancelling Full Impulse. This does not occur with the original player's hangar pets, but DOES seem to do so with OTHER players'. This interaction doesn't seem to happen when healing other players' ships in this manner (though sometimes casting other heals, like Hazard Emitters, on another player WILL cause Red Alert). This is a rather irritating issue for obvious reasons: One has to wait until after Red Alert expires to try to go to Full Impulse again.

While all of these systems are probably working as designed, I sincerely doubt that this interaction is intended.

Reproduction Steps:
  • Equip Iconian Resistance Hyper Injection Warp Core.
  • Slot Starship Trait "Regenerative Nanite Cloud."
  • Have a nearby participant launch Hangar pets. It shouldn't matter which ones. For optimal testing, have the other player target you and set their pets to Defend you.
  • Activate Full Impulse (I usually have Full Impulse on my Power Tray, as this allows it to be toggled without affecting the Throttle).

If reproduction is successful, the first tick of Regenerative Nanite Cloud should proc onto the other player's pets and force the tester into Red Alert.

Comments

• vnexusvnexus Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    --I get this false red alert for each carrier ship I launch. Breen Carrier. If I go full impulse soon after launching a ship, a Red Alert happen. If I launch 4 carrier ships, I get 4 red alerts, 1 on each full impulse I do. Almost makes the set unusable(with the slowness)

-I'll post a video when I have time to edit/upload-