test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Now that the Breach Event is over...

indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
I just completed the Breach event and while I love the rewards, I didn't love the mission. I have two complaints. First it was too long, and secondly I got kicked a half dozen times and could not rejoin my team. I played half way through and had to start over. I would drop the first section with the hard points and start the mission at the breach in the hull. Secondly, I would allow players to rejoin the mission if they get dropped due to a server issue.

I do like events like this, but prefer the Crystaline event. I would like to see the Big Dig be an event. I like that map and would not mind playing it again if others joined the mission. I also used to like the Klingon Scout Force mission. It's a bit long, but a fun mission.

Comments

• bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Well technically the event is NOT over. You just completed the big reward. The event itself doesn't end until the 25th I believe, and every run you do between now and then will also net you rewards, not the 50k dilithium, but good ones anyway.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    You are correct. After playing this event 14 times on 5 toons, it is over for me! :)
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    5 more runs for me then I hope not to see it again for a long time. Not a mission that's meant to be a grinder.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• elric071elric071 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    I have one more to run today on one of my characters that I somehow missed a day on....Then I'm done as well...
    indyshark wrote: »
    I just completed the Breach event and while I love the rewards, I didn't love the mission. I have two complaints. First it was too long, and secondly I got kicked a half dozen times and could not rejoin my team. I played half way through and had to start over.

Something similar to this happened to me half a dozen times. Usually when the Dreadnaught in the second room would throw up it's shield, if I happened to be cloaking at that exact instant, I would get a freeze up and have to alt/tab to get to my desktop and shut STO down. By the time I got back in not only was I kicked for not being on a team, I'd also get the 1/2 hour cooldown with no rewards....Very frustrating, but at least it wasn't a leaver penalty....

Not a mission that's meant to be a grinder.

I couldn't agree more....but at least it's better than Mirror Incursion......I HATE that mission....

Illigitimi Non Carborundum

Co-Founder of TOS Veterans and TOS Qan Mang
  • bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    I would allow players to rejoin the mission if they get dropped due to a server issue.

Now that's very true. NW allows this but that game is on a newer version of their engine. Would be fantastic to port that back to STO and CO.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    You are correct. After playing this event 14 times on 5 toons, it is over for me! :)

14 times on one captain was more than enough for me.

The minute long sit there and do nothing followed by the fly along for a couple of minutes and do nothing because I'm not flying a BFAW boat didn't help this queue at all.

This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    the fly along for a couple of minutes and do nothing because I'm not flying a BFAW boat didn't help this queue at all.

Fly at half speed. The hardpoints respawn. So the BFAW folks racing to the end can go up front. You can bring up the rear and shoot stuff too. It's why I do on my slower ships.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    the fly along for a couple of minutes and do nothing because I'm not flying a BFAW boat didn't help this queue at all.

Fly at half speed. The hardpoints respawn. So the BFAW folks racing to the end can go up front. You can bring up the rear and shoot stuff too. It's why I do on my slower ships.

Tab, shoot one volley, kill one hard point, tab, shoot one volley, kill one hard point, repeat until insane.
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User

Tab, shoot one volley, kill one hard point, tab, shoot one volley, kill one hard point, repeat until insane.

or use CSV... snoggymack22 is right. Heck, even camping the area just before or just after the second node makes it go a lot faster.

• taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    So is spread volley is not effective at taking out hard points ?
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2016
    5 more runs for me then I hope not to see it again for a long time. Not a mission that's meant to be a grinder.

+1 = I hope they do with it like Disney does with their movie vault, and we don't see it pop up again until 3 years from now.

If they want to add the queue back to the PvE list, fine by me, but it sucks horribly as an event queue.

So is spread volley is not effective at taking out hard points ?

Low uptime and slow travel time.

If you're by yourself it works. If there's a beam boat in range the torps won't have targets to hit after you launch them.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    Hoping for a 1 week extension :pensive:
    My newest character has insufficient time to run the gauntlet 14 times with the 20 hour intermezzo.

Would like it if the after completion reward (for turning in 1 Voth thingy) was available from the start and not just after finishing the main event.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Even after they plugged the hole in the invisible wall, the fastest way to complete the exterior phase is still flying straight to the end, not shooting hardpoints. You should put all power to engines and just fly the track, ignoring all targets.
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    Well technically the event is NOT over. You just completed the big reward. The event itself doesn't end until the 25th I believe, and every run you do between now and then will also net you rewards, not the 50k dilithium, but good ones anyway.​​
    I agree, collocated the rewards days ago but Im doing it repeatedly on all my alt's, not just for me but for the other players who are still in need of the tokens. Rewards are good in my book. My alt's need the marks ;-) Thank you Dev's.
    warpangel wrote: »
    Even after they plugged the hole in the invisible wall, the fastest way to complete the exterior phase is still flying straight to the end, not shooting hardpoints. You should put all power to engines and just fly the track, ignoring all targets.
    BFAW, fly baby fly. I still need to blow things up. It gives me the warm fuzzy feeling and brings a smile each time I hear boom...

Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    The problem with the Breach was the same problem I have with Mirror Invasion and all these other events that require X amount of marks for their project.

The missions aren't too bad on their own. Even the universally hated Mirror que really isn't that bad..

Unless you have to run it 14+ times. And that's just for one character.

The Breach actually isn't a bad mission, but the amount of repetition that it requires just drives people to hate it. I really wish they would stop with missions in this format. I ran this event 14 times on 2 of my characters and I can tell you that after day 14 I hated this que with a fiery passion.. just like Mirror Invasion.

The mission itself really isn't bad, the part that sucks is having to play it so many times to receive the event reward. At the very least they could have made the admiralty card an account unlock and awarded the dilithium and marks only to those characters that completed it. I have 5 characters, a lot of people have way more then that. There was just no way I was going to run this event 70 times in 2-3 weeks. Just the thought of it makes me want to scream.

If you're in the boat with the OP and have problems completing the event due to technical issues then the frustration is magnified exponentially. It was bad enough without crashes, I can't even imagine having to suffer through disconnects as well.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    9 toons through it. One is still finishing up till the end. I said never again since 9x mirror invasion, yet I needed the ship card on 2 new alts.

Strongly dislike what they did to The Breach, completely dumbing it down with gigantic arrows everywhere as if this game's targeting children now who are suddenly lost and rendered helpless unless on a tight leash pointing the way. Whatever happened to immersion, realism, options to roam about and attack different sections according to how the team decides to go.

It isn't enough restricting Space to 2.5D where I can't even point my ship down for my cannon arc to reach 'because terror of open space,' but now our starships have to effectively be on rail lines to avoid the absolute horror of disorientation and "I don't know what to do, this is frightening to me, and I can't be bothered to try or discover on my own."

I've also noticed many getting kicked from the mission, attempting to rejoin, and failing more often than not. Also spotted many AFKers during the trench towards the end half of this grindfest, and for once I can't even blame them for it.

The Breach V2.0 is basically a cut-scene that you don't play but simply go through the motions. Voth immunities and Voth disables are irritating, predictable, and there seems to be no way to clear them. Even that aceton the boss Voth ship drops seems not to require absorbing incoming energy damage for it to charge up and fire its pulse as I've been vaped by it as soon as it spawned - unless I'm mistaken and someone's FAW was already on it. It was the only real mechanic that required some action, targetting it with torpedos (the fire torpedos button is broken, energy weapons also fire when pressing the button, mouse click targetting is very poor now after some patch many months ago whereas before I was amazed at how well the game could interpret your mouse clicks to specific targets in a pool of them) or flying just out of range in time.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I need to run the Breach one more time for all my captains. I took a break over the weekend to focus on upgrading some gear. However, I did have to deal with RNG frustration. It seems the [Acc] mod appears far too often when upgrading from very rare to ultra rare; over 50% of the time. Must have been bad luck...
  • starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    I am about to fly my last one today and watch my 50k dilithium go into the bit trash can (:
  • apulseapulse Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    The mission isn't fun, I never liked it when it was new either.
    I could write some feedback, but to tired for that.
    21ajpqt.png
  • neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    Breach has been a interesting test bed for a theory: you do not need FAW for the first part just fly and click tractor beam repulsors that works without having to mash spacebar after a target dies
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
    3 more runs to go. May do them all tomorrow and call it a day. I didn't play this mission much when it came out. I do like the mission quite a bit. On the science character it is nice to put 5-8 GW on the citadel ship. That alone kills it. Having to basically solo it a few times with a Romulan plasma tac was also a good challenge.

Again, though, it is a terrible mission for a grind. The varied steps which make it a great once a month play make it horrible the 50th time through in a week. Even mirror imo is a better grinder.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• apulseapulse Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    3 more runs to go. May do them all tomorrow and call it a day.
    Thought you could only do it once per day?

21ajpqt.png
    apulse wrote: »
    3 more runs to go. May do them all tomorrow and call it a day.
    Thought you could only do it once per day?

yes, 3 characters

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    The problem with the Breach was the same problem I have with Mirror Invasion and all these other events that require X amount of marks for their project.

The missions aren't too bad on their own. Even the universally hated Mirror que really isn't that bad..

Unless you have to run it 14+ times. And that's just for one character.

The Breach actually isn't a bad mission, but the amount of repetition that it requires just drives people to hate it. I really wish they would stop with missions in this format. I ran this event 14 times on 2 of my characters and I can tell you that after day 14 I hated this que with a fiery passion.. just like Mirror Invasion.

The mission itself really isn't bad, the part that sucks is having to play it so many times to receive the event reward. At the very least they could have made the admiralty card an account unlock and awarded the dilithium and marks only to those characters that completed it. I have 5 characters, a lot of people have way more then that. There was just no way I was going to run this event 70 times in 2-3 weeks. Just the thought of it makes me want to scream.

If you're in the boat with the OP and have problems completing the event due to technical issues then the frustration is magnified exponentially. It was bad enough without crashes, I can't even imagine having to suffer through disconnects as well.
    Mirror Invasion is not universally hated. I like it, I think its a fun mission (long as I'm with a competent team of non-afkers).
    It's a decent way to grind ship mastery.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    I do enjoy the breach map, but after finishing the event today with the last of my five characters I am very glad to see the back of it.
    That said it hurts me to say I'll probably do a bonus run or two for the marks and wotnot on just one if them.
    With longer maps such as this I think perhaps a smaller event, maybe a week or a day or something would be preferable to two weeks. But I guess thats because I ran it on five characters and that's on me.
    So swings and roundabouts I guess.
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Mirror Invasion is not universally hated. I like it, I think its a fun mission (long as I'm with a competent team of non-afkers).

It wasn't my intent to imply that every single player hates Mirror Event, I even said myself that I don't hate it either. The vast majority however, does not like the event, and my personal theory is that the primary reason for that is that they're just so sick of it after having to run it X times per day coupled with how long the event takes (much like The Breach.)

I actually liked the Mirror Event when it started, I thought it was fun. After a few days of playing it with all my alts I was just so sick of it that I never wanted to see it again. Mirror Invasion and the Breach are not bad missions in my opinion, I'm just so sick of them I could scream. They create these events and then ask players to run them so many times that everyone ends up hating it. Just seems like a bad approach to me. There is no qued event in STO that I want to run every 20 hours with every character I have for two weeks straight. I did Breach on 2 characters and could barely get through it. Next time they do this, I'll skip it entirely.. the repetition just takes the fun out of it for me.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I got to the point where my brain would go into autopilot when doing mirror. It's that simple. the only real decisions were when to try for rift closure.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg