Skill Revamp should include free respec tokens

2»

Comments

• Options
    humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    When it happens I'm gonna take a nice break until:
    a) there are free respecs, or
    b) 3rd party software is good enough to plan all my builds in advance, or
    c) enough build have been tested and posted for me to copy.
    Not even having a confirm button (like we have now) just seems totally crazy to me.
  • Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Whatever you can do to avoid buying c-store respec tokens. It's the only way they'll learn.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    azrael605 wrote: »
    farranor wrote: »
    Well if figures campaigning for respecs to be free would be a lost cause.

Hey Azreal, super original name btw, maybe you missed the part of my post indicating a plural, as in respecS, not a singular. Then again someone who chastises other on reading comprehension is usually the one lacking in it.

They're changing a system many have spent a great deal of resources to figure out.

They did it with mk14 gear, and now with skills. Being asked to pay for what we already paid for, again.

This should have multiple tokens, or respecs should be free for a set amount of time so we can actually test, like they said they wanted us to.

No I shouldn't need to log into a test server if I'm not there to test bugs and help find exploits. That's not the purpose of test server.

It's just another notch on a long list of snubs by cryptic and for us vets it adds up.

I hope for the future of the game that the next generation of whales is as generous. I won't hold my breath.

BWAHHAHAHAHA, you couldn't be more wrong about me. First off, I've been Azrael since the late 80s, first on CB radio, then later online. Secondly, my reading comprehension is spectacular, I own thousands of novels, from classics by Verne and Dickens, to the greats of Sci-fi like Heinlein, Asimov, Niven. I first read "A Tale of Two Cities" in Victorian era English in the 4th grade. Been playing this game for over 4 years now myself, seen plenty of changes made to the game, this one is no different, and no more of an excuse for you being too lazy to read the info yourself before ranting at people for jack than any other.

I suggest you take the time to actually read that OP. You'll find that it isn't what you expected it to be.

Oh, and I pity the fool who agrees to help you move. My sister had nearly a thousand books at one point, and let me tell you, that makes for a whole lot of really heavy boxes. I can hardly imagine having multiple thousands of novels... unless they're ebooks, in which case I commend you.

While I do have around 15 thousand ebooks on my computer (roughly, and I haven't read them all, yet) I also have well over 2000 physical books, not only novels mind you, also RPG books for games like D&D, Rifts (and the rest of Palladium Books lineup), Traveller, a couple versions of Trek RPGs, etc. Most are paperbacks, but I have a fairly robust selection of hardcovers as well. This also does not factor in my children's books, they are only just starting in on books I would consider novels, but even the quarter inch (or less) thick kids books add up in weight when you have enough of them. Yeah, they get pretty damn heavy, the key is to pack them in smaller size boxes, you end up with a lot of boxes, but each box is not overly heavy. When I was younger I used to use very large boxes, I suspect out of some deeply buried masochistic tendency. As far as helping me move, nobody ever carried my boxes of books, even my best friends were like "TRIBBLE that man I'll hold the door for you" :p

Reading has always been a major passion in my family, and Levar Burton was one of my heroes well before Geordi was ever dreamed up.

wow you have 15,000 ebooks on your computer that's cool plus over 2000 actual books neat.

being as most adult books you would not be likely to read until you were around 10 years old and assuming you can read one book a day it will take you about 46 years to read them all, you will be a 56 year old looking to retire by the time you have read them all.

I would advise you to stop wasting your time on forums, stop playing computer games and get reading, assuming of course that you actually intend to read them all and not just to make you look clever.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    farranor wrote: »
    Well if figures campaigning for respecs to be free would be a lost cause.

Hey Azreal, super original name btw, maybe you missed the part of my post indicating a plural, as in respecS, not a singular. Then again someone who chastises other on reading comprehension is usually the one lacking in it.

They're changing a system many have spent a great deal of resources to figure out.

They did it with mk14 gear, and now with skills. Being asked to pay for what we already paid for, again.

This should have multiple tokens, or respecs should be free for a set amount of time so we can actually test, like they said they wanted us to.

No I shouldn't need to log into a test server if I'm not there to test bugs and help find exploits. That's not the purpose of test server.

It's just another notch on a long list of snubs by cryptic and for us vets it adds up.

I hope for the future of the game that the next generation of whales is as generous. I won't hold my breath.

BWAHHAHAHAHA, you couldn't be more wrong about me. First off, I've been Azrael since the late 80s, first on CB radio, then later online. Secondly, my reading comprehension is spectacular, I own thousands of novels, from classics by Verne and Dickens, to the greats of Sci-fi like Heinlein, Asimov, Niven. I first read "A Tale of Two Cities" in Victorian era English in the 4th grade. Been playing this game for over 4 years now myself, seen plenty of changes made to the game, this one is no different, and no more of an excuse for you being too lazy to read the info yourself before ranting at people for jack than any other.

I suggest you take the time to actually read that OP. You'll find that it isn't what you expected it to be.

Oh, and I pity the fool who agrees to help you move. My sister had nearly a thousand books at one point, and let me tell you, that makes for a whole lot of really heavy boxes. I can hardly imagine having multiple thousands of novels... unless they're ebooks, in which case I commend you.

While I do have around 15 thousand ebooks on my computer (roughly, and I haven't read them all, yet) I also have well over 2000 physical books, not only novels mind you, also RPG books for games like D&D, Rifts (and the rest of Palladium Books lineup), Traveller, a couple versions of Trek RPGs, etc. Most are paperbacks, but I have a fairly robust selection of hardcovers as well. This also does not factor in my children's books, they are only just starting in on books I would consider novels, but even the quarter inch (or less) thick kids books add up in weight when you have enough of them. Yeah, they get pretty damn heavy, the key is to pack them in smaller size boxes, you end up with a lot of boxes, but each box is not overly heavy. When I was younger I used to use very large boxes, I suspect out of some deeply buried masochistic tendency. As far as helping me move, nobody ever carried my boxes of books, even my best friends were like "TRIBBLE that man I'll hold the door for you" :p

Reading has always been a major passion in my family, and Levar Burton was one of my heroes well before Geordi was ever dreamed up.

wow you have 15,000 ebooks on your computer that's cool plus over 2000 actual books neat.

being as most adult books you would not be likely to read until you were around 10 years old and assuming you can read one book a day it will take you about 46 years to read them all, you will be a 56 year old looking to retire by the time you have read them all.

I would advise you to stop wasting your time on forums, stop playing computer games and get reading.

Well a lot of those I have already read, not all of course, but I've been reading heavily for a very long time now. I started getting into what you refer to as "adult" books before 10 though. Read Earthsea and the Hobbit when I was 8 for example. That was 31 years ago.

its not what I refer to as adult books its what you refer to as adult books, as you said in your other comment "This also does not factor in my children's books" but regardless of that I don't suppose you were reading adult books on the day you were born so I dare say you were closer to 10 enough to not make it worth arguing over.
    but the question is how old are you now and how many of these books are yet to be read.

• Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    I spent years perfecting my build and dozens of respec tokens.

This is adding poison to a well in order to force me to buy an antidote.

Either the new system comes with freespecs so we can "experiment and test" as you desired, or I don't even bother playing for weeks until "the build" is optimized and figured out, thereby completely bypassing the intent of this change, for me, a veteran.

If you really wanna TRIBBLE off your whales, don't offer freespecs.

Good luck with that next generation.

If you want to "experiment and test", Tribble is readily available. You get infinite respecs in Tribble.

• Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    daveyny wrote: »

We'll get an undetermined amount of time to fiddle with free tokens on Tribble, but eventually that will go the way of the DO-DO as well.

*Goes to Tribble and hoards respec tokens*
  • Options
    lucho80 wrote: »
    I spent years perfecting my build and dozens of respec tokens.

This is adding poison to a well in order to force me to buy an antidote.

Either the new system comes with freespecs so we can "experiment and test" as you desired, or I don't even bother playing for weeks until "the build" is optimized and figured out, thereby completely bypassing the intent of this change, for me, a veteran.

If you really wanna TRIBBLE off your whales, don't offer freespecs.

Good luck with that next generation.

If you want to "experiment and test", Tribble is readily available. You get infinite respecs in Tribble.

they have already stated that the infinite respecs will be removed from tribble after the update goes live on holodeck.
    I would not be surprised if that includes any respect tokens that have been horded.