test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Chat channel

On the in game chat window, I'm getting tired of seeing people constantly posting recruitment messages regarding fleets. I would like to suggestion another choice; similar to 'chat' and 'combat'. This one would just be for fleet recruitment messages.

Comments

• Options
    able9able9 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Why in blazes can't someone fix the launcher so people can get on? I have tried options and code suggestions to get on this game and even rebooting, and nothing works. When is someone going to permanently going to fix this problem? Can anyone send me an email with viable fix-suggestions? I am sick of not being able to play STO!
  • Options
    patch#0682 patch Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    able9 wrote: »
    Why in blazes can't someone fix the launcher so people can get on? I have tried options and code suggestions to get on this game and even rebooting, and nothing works. When is someone going to permanently going to fix this problem? Can anyone send me an email with viable fix-suggestions? I am sick of not being able to play STO!

Ditto :(
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    able9 wrote: »
    Not my own idea, but can you set the option to safe mode on launcher's options (or in a rare successful long some have, if it doesn't help), login and then change to a DX9 variant in the char login/in game options screens? Some people said it help and personally I tend to crash mostly and almost unable to login at all on DX11 setting while setting it to a DX9 variant was helpful.

Maybe the following post of another one (taken out of context while searching for the launcher switch) about setting for the launcher shortcut helps if you can't go by safe mode or otherwise login, no responsibility though, and this I didn't test. (to clarify, the original poster meant putting this om the specific game's launcher -> options, command line)
    How many have tested locking down the DX version? Under the launcher command line(bottom of options) enter "-d3d11enable 0 -d3d9ex" for DirectX 9EX. If you're low on memory(mine's an '11 i3 2gb laptop), end Arc before launching. Also it seems since the server upgrade, I no longer have to use the Win8 compatibility(but keep Admin checked). Another thing, enabling the RAM loading/less streaming setting in the advanced graphics settings(top one) seems to be doing its job better...Good Luck, Brad

P.S.
    be sure to close the error reporting from running (or maybe restart) - you may have the error reporting tool not closing well and still active and potentially reachable on your notification icon area.

You may like to contact support if failed to connect to the game.

Another thing which may not be recommended by most/in general yet sometimes somehow helps, when all else failed. It's unlikely to be relevant for you though, but you may still try to sometimes change game and patching proxy (none is the default, and there are also eu and us there). It isn't "supposed to" help you connect and you get a warning that it may affect your connection stability, while trying, but sometimes somehow it seems to help one connect.

Another note which may sound strange and may be completely off and is probably only valid for a very specific issue (which I don't even know if still exists) and only if you have an older "working" launcher of another Cryptic/PWE game. If you verified your files by steam you may have your version off/not well recognized or connecting to an old server potentialy (don't know the nature of this issue) or something like that and/or you might have lost connectivity to patching server somehow, which manifested itself by initial patching not working well while trying once, twice and so on, usually failing. In the past I found out either I patched extremely slowly on a very unreliable speed with many stops, or, strangely enough, used an old launcher of other PWE game (Neverwinter in this case) for patching while on NWN launcher was choosing holodeck server and starting to patch.

Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on