test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Into the Breach / Revamped???

I don't know if there's allready a similar post about this, but here goes... (Warning: might contain sarcasm)

Revamped Breach, sounded fun... until you try it... the 'attack run' is slightly modified, and they've put waymarkers when you need to leave! WOW, so great!

With the phrase "To improve quality of life, I hoped they'd streamline it a bit... actually, it goes slower then before. I do have 10 playing characters, which I intend to give the event award. BUT: at a rate of 1 run/20mins, and an inbetween bathroom break, it took me about 3.5 hours. Luckily, I have no real life, no job or studying to do, and I can let my place turn into a waste dump...

Man, even the older mirror invasion went faster then this... For the wiseguys here, a full DPS team from the right channels, took 20mins on NORMAL. The problem isn't our builds, or ships, but the lack in pace inbetween mission objectives. The ships move like starter ships on warp 5, it takes forever to move between mission points.

Is there an option to either REALLY improve the mission as promised, or to make it account unlockable, like the winter / summer event ships?

I'm already feeling unlucky with only 10 toons, I can only imagine what others with a multitude of that amount feel like.
Finally, T6 Fleet sovy! My life is complete!

Comments

• Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    I agree this is not a good revamp, I was hoping for a good event but it will be a real effort to stay the course and get the prize on my 6 characters.
    in fact I would go as far to say the mirror event is more fun then this.
    I found the external section ok but the maze inside is still as bad as it ever was, I still constantly get snagged in the most hard to get free places and escaping at the end is almost impossible to do in the time limit.
    just glad getting the event token is not reliant on a perfect game.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,323 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Your team from a "well known DPS channel" may have been your greatest hindrance since the Voth are about as close as a natural enemy from the DPS channel builds. Countering energy weapons, lowering energy levels and so forth.

Moving between locations takes no more than a minute so i fail to understand the problem.

As for the 10 characters, personally i think about 5 is the limit to keep things interesting and fun and whoever wants to run any content on 10 characters for two weeks in a row has got IMO a TRIBBLE loose.

Edit typo.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    earwigvr6earwigvr6 Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    Why would you even want to run it once ? Let alone on 10 toons ? For a reward of a ship to use in the Admirality section which gives pretty much nothing... to anyone.... ever..... Admirality is pointless and therefore so is this ship/card.

Just another way to try and lure people into playing a very boring game in order to prop up their numbers.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I don't really understand the 'how am I supposed to play this event on 10 characters?'.

Did it ever occur to those people that, given the huge dilithium rewards, it might actually be Cryptic's intention that you don't run it on all your characters but pick some that need the special reward the most?
    And no one's forcing you to play it on all your characters anyway. For that much dilithium, it should take some time and work to get it.

I also have a lot of characters, and because I know that I don't need the Admiralty card on all of them, nor that I would be able to get myself to play the mission for about two hours each day, I don't intend to run it on all characters. That's your own choice, don't start complaining because something's too much work for you. No one's forcing you to do it.

Edit: though I do agree that the revamp is much less than what I expected. Those waypoints weren't really needed imo. Some things should be figured out by the players, not everything needs to be explained in detail when it's pretty obvious after you've done it once.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Sorry, double post.
  • Options
    makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    I've always loved the Breach.I did think it was long, but I think the concept is pretty creative. But then, ive practically given up on my alts. So running one toon. . Sure. 10 toons?ya I could see why this might not be your fav
    5rFUCPd.png

• Options
    giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    At first I was really excited, but unlike most people, The Breach was my favorite queue mission. Yes it took time, but it was the most unique. Most group missions only have one thing special about it. The Breach had the "trench run" the sub power core and the main power core were all more interesting than most fights in this game.

Sadly though this "revamp" sucks. There are no changes once you get inside the Fortress ship, but the opening trench run is dull. Whomever has the fastest ship will have the most fun blasting away at all the weak points and leave nothing for anyone behind them. It was much better when everyone would split up and have a "lane" for themselves. What I think should have been done was keep the five lanes, but make breaching the ship easier. The hardest part about the mission before was that not many people could survive the turret TRIBBLE. So instead Cryptic should have made the turrets easier, but also make them, and the random hardpoints along the way worth more. In order to progress all 5 lanes need to get 90% of the random hardpoints, or clear just 5 of the turret defended shield points. Also, since people complain about time, maybe add a speed and turn rate boost between rooms so we can get from fight to fight faster.
    gilion wrote: »
    At first I was really excited, but unlike most people, The Breach was my favorite queue mission. Yes it took time, but it was the most unique. Most group missions only have one thing special about it. The Breach had the "trench run" the sub power core and the main power core were all more interesting than most fights in this game.

Sadly though this "revamp" sucks. There are no changes once you get inside the Fortress ship, but the opening trench run is dull. Whomever has the fastest ship will have the most fun blasting away at all the weak points and leave nothing for anyone behind them. It was much better when everyone would split up and have a "lane" for themselves. What I think should have been done was keep the five lanes, but make breaching the ship easier. The hardest part about the mission before was that not many people could survive the turret TRIBBLE. So instead Cryptic should have made the turrets easier, but also make them, and the random hardpoints along the way worth more. In order to progress all 5 lanes need to get 90% of the random hardpoints, or clear just 5 of the turret defended shield points. Also, since people complain about time, maybe add a speed and turn rate boost between rooms so we can get from fight to fight faster.

kinda like a psuedo jetstream effect?​​
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    It's an ok que to play every once in a while, but no way I'm playing it 1/day on 5 different characters. I'll probably do it with my main, but alts won't be doing it. Just way too tiedeous.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    neomodious wrote: »

kinda like a psuedo jetstream effect?​​

Ya, it doesnt even need to have a special name, just something to stop people from complaining that 30sec is too long to not be shooting something.
    Similar to the so-called revamp of the Mirror Invasion Queue that they touted the last time.

Revamp must mean something completely different to them than it means to us.

Crystalline I could do on all twelve of my characters. Mirror Invasion only on four. This, I'd be lucky to do two.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    I should have expected it, but in 4 out of 5 runs so far today, at least one player has either been AFK or left mid-run. Having to do this 14 times even on one character will be a pain when people are just going to leech any chance they get.

Why can't they instead just make the admiralty card claimable in the event store for everyone else on an account? That way only the character that does the work gets the dilithium/marks, but the collectible item doesn't force us to have to trudge through another leech-fest?
  • Options
    tahnalostahnalos Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    Yep. For the first time, I may have to skip this event. I have always done the events with the other missions, and enjoyed them greatly. This one, I did not.
    Fleet Affiliations:
    FED: Royal Federation Mounted Starfleet: SB3, TAC3, ENG3, SCI3, Win, Int, DOff(T/E/S/B)
    KDF: Parliamentary Klingon Empire: SB2, TAC2, ENG2, SCI2, Win, DOff(T)

Interested in joining? Please send a PM to @Tahna_Los.
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    @seaofsorrows same here. I actually wasn't going to partake since the rewards are of no interest to me, but decided I would at least do it on my main.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    After the initial 'Star Wars' run, I wasn't able to fly towards the aft of the mothership for some reason, and could only 'jump to breach point' after a while.

It was otherwise remarkably the same.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    I'm wondering if it would just be better to race to the end and skip all the hard points (missing the optional) just for faster runs?
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    risian4 wrote: »
    I don't really understand the 'how am I supposed to play this event on 10 characters?'.

Did it ever occur to those people that, given the huge dilithium rewards, it might actually be Cryptic's intention that you don't run it on all your characters but pick some that need the special reward the most?
    And no one's forcing you to play it on all your characters anyway. For that much dilithium, it should take some time and work to get it.

I also have a lot of characters, and because I know that I don't need the Admiralty card on all of them, nor that I would be able to get myself to play the mission for about two hours each day, I don't intend to run it on all characters. That's your own choice, don't start complaining because something's too much work for you. No one's forcing you to do it.

Edit: though I do agree that the revamp is much less than what I expected. Those waypoints weren't really needed imo. Some things should be figured out by the players, not everything needs to be explained in detail when it's pretty obvious after you've done it once.

the time it takes to play the mission on my 6 characters is not a problem for me, ok so it takes 2 hours a day but for the daily rewards plus the reputation bonus rewards I think that's a fair trade.
    what bothers me is the playing environments close confines in the inside section, its almost claustrophobic in some places and its so easy to take a wrong turn and end up in a place that your trapped in, being unable to turn around and virtually impossible to leave moving in reverse without getting snagged in a spot that you cant get free from at all.
    in the meantime your team mates who don't know you well enough to know better think your an afk leecher whos letting them do all the work while you take it easy.
    darthwoo wrote: »
    I should have expected it, but in 4 out of 5 runs so far today, at least one player has either been AFK or left mid-run. Having to do this 14 times even on one character will be a pain when people are just going to leech any chance they get.

Why can't they instead just make the admiralty card claimable in the event store for everyone else on an account? That way only the character that does the work gets the dilithium/marks, but the collectible item doesn't force us to have to trudge through another leech-fest?

like this person, i rest my case.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    After the initial 'Star Wars' run, I wasn't able to fly towards the aft of the mothership for some reason, and could only 'jump to breach point' after a while.

The trench run now has a hair pin turn where you switch from going down the middle to going along the side. If you get all the way down, it actually ends where you blow a hole in the hull.

Also, when doing the trench run, look for a long green cloud. flying in it makes you move faster.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    For most peeps 50k Dil rewards seem not to kick in for 14x15 minutes runs. The fact that we also get an admiralty card for a system that renders those rewards obsolete in the first place does not seem to help out there either.

I imagine this event is only lucrative for those low on admiralty ships but fully aware of the benefits of this system. Not for the rest and not for a lot of peeps at all.

On my endeavor to torture three of my nine toons through this event I happen to notice the queue list figures on the opening day:

Into the Breach Normal: ~80 players
    Into the Breach Advanced: ~10 players
    Into the Breach Elite: ~0 players

When Crystalline Cataclysm was refurbished a few years back I remember the numbers to be like:

Crystalline Cataclysm Normal: ~800 players
    Crystalline Cataclysm Elite: ~200 players

That’s roughly 10% and back at the day CC wasn’t necessarily a 5 mins undertaking either.

The majority does not seem to “need” those events anymore and the second the mechanics behind it become annoying playing for fun dies as well.

Hope cryptic stops doing those 14 times psycho events altogether to make STO a better game.

animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    meimeitoo wrote: »

The trench run now has a hair pin turn where you switch from going down the middle to going along the side. If you get all the way down, it actually ends where you blow a hole in the hull.

Thx. Yeah, just figured that out myself after watching a vid. :) Still managed to get myself stuck outside the invisi-wall just now, towards the end of the lane, this time, LOL. Guess I need to stay closer to its bow.
    Also, when doing the trench run, look for a long green cloud. flying in it makes you move faster.

Never knew that (and I played it a zillion times before). Thx again.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    I really don't like the 'follow the attack path' thing.

And I also don't like the floating holographic direction signs.

Having said that, even with these signs some people still don't know where the exit is after blowing up the Power Core.
  • Options
    stofsk wrote: »
    I really don't like the 'follow the attack path' thing.

And I also don't like the floating holographic direction signs.

Having said that, even with these signs some people still don't know where the exit is after blowing up the Power Core.

The latter is kinda strange. Used to be you got teleported around, to disorientate you; but that appears to no longer be happening, so it's always 'the exit straight ahead.' And even with the previous teleporting, the mini map offers some distinctive markers about your location, so you can'r really miss it. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Yup, bad revamp. I have 7 toons and this is going to be a 14 day nightmare. I'll have to forgo doffing and everything else since I do have a job/life and getting 7 runs of Breach will be hard to do everyday. They should have cut out the 2nd strafing run. (aka after the hard turn no one I played with seemed to be able to make with any speed) :weary:

They could have cut out the time wasting big boss ship at the halfway point of the interior and the peek-a-boo energy crystals. Really only need 2 interior rooms, with maybe a few mobs in the connecting hallways.
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter

Mabbe that has something to do with the rewards. Srsly antiproton torpedo, omnipotent mirror Hakeev, Cochrane's shotgun, these are so good rewards I would run them on 100 toons lol...
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    bernatk wrote: »

Mabbe that has something to do with the rewards. Srsly antiproton torpedo, omnipotent mirror Hakeev, Cochrane's shotgun, these are so good rewards I would run them on 100 toons lol...

My delta recruit left out of those rewards is in full agreement with you. :)

But seriously, in this case I’m glad that the reward is not worth it. Voth map is a pain if played more than one time a day. :s
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    bernatk wrote: »
    Pretty sure Mirror Hakeev was a reward for one of the first (may have even been THE first) Mirror Invasion Events.
  • Options
    humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Played the map yesterday, for the second time in my life; and the last. I'm glad some people like it, but I won't be joining them. I didn't have any problems finishing it, it's just not much fun and takes way too long.
    No reward is worth playing something you don't enjoy.
    It's a shame they choose this one as I'm feeling a bit bored with the game at the moment and could do with something to work towards.