test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Assimilated Deflector - Lost stats

A bit bummed with what's happened to the Assimilated Deflector on tribble.

I really enjoyed the extra bit of drain resistance I was getting from that deflector, which BTW was one of its "primary" stats along with the Structural Integrity bonus.
So I'm kind of surprised and disappointed to see it gets an absolutely massive control bonus and absolutely "nothing" in "Drain Expertise", seeing as how the Inertial Dampers and Graviton bonus are minor bonuses.

Assimilated Deflector Array Mk XII

Holodeck:
+5 Aux power
+26.2 Structural Integrity
+26.2 Power Insulators
+17.5 Graviton Generators
+17.5 Inertial Dampeners.

Tribble:
+5 Aux power
+61.2 Control Expertise

What gives? The math on this is totally out of whack. I calculate that you have just simply added tallied all the numbers and made them all in to Control Expertise. Not only does one loose a significant amount of drain resistance, but the final Control Expertise bonus seems pretty excessive.
This also does not at all ring true to the mantra of "players loose nothing", as those of us who value the drain resistance that we received from that deflector just went up in smoke.
I mean it's not like the people who bought this deflector got it for its "amazing" graviton bonus, there are other and better deflectors for that. And thus the massive control expertise bonus is completely unwarranted in the first place.

If anything the stats should look like this at the very least to be a fair conversion:
+5 Aux power
+26.2 Drain Expertise
+35 Control Expertise

Now that's very generous, but in reality to maintain comparable to the Holodeck version it should actually look like this:
+5 Aux power
+26.2 Drain Expertise
+17.5 Control Expertise

Take your pick, but please don't leave us who value the drain resistance from this deflector holding the short end of the stick.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q

Comments

• lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Well, there currently is no +60 gravtion generators deflectors currently, while there are drain and part gens ones with big bonuses. They had to find one deflector to put a +60 on.
  • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    The jem'Hadar and borg both get +70 control...

Dude +30 drain is pathetic, it can't honestly make any difference in your performance.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    it probably gets such a large control bonus because of the assimilated tractor beam (though this does actually drain power unlike normal tractor beams, so maybe lowering the control amount and giving equivalent drain to match should be considered)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Well, there currently is no +60 gravtion generators deflectors currently, while there are drain and part gens ones with big bonuses. They had to find one deflector to put a +60 on.

Still does not justify the complete removal of any manner of drain resistance from the deflector.
    Players "loose nothing", but in this case for at least one of my builds I loose and gain "absolutely nothing" to make up for that loss.
    samt1996 wrote: »
    The jem'Hadar and borg both get +70 control...

Dude +30 drain is pathetic, it can't honestly make any difference in your performance.

That's not for you to say.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    This looks like a pretty simple conversion error. Thanks for pointing it out, but it coulda been posted in the Bug subforum, and without the editorializing.

We had to convert all of these by hand - a few errors here and there are not unlikely. We'll get them fixed up as you all point them out.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
    Glad to hear it, I'll keep that in mind next time. :)
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2016
    And we loose the +60 control deflector. Science party is over.

Request to @crypticrock , we need a +60 control deflector in a future rep.
    May also want to look at the Romulan, Reman and Jem'hadar deflectors which seem to be missing big chunks of their skills bonuses. They are labeled as "starshipstatperception" or something.

The Romulan and Reman have +55 control right now but according to the conversion they should have +120... I'm totally serious. :P
    edited March 2016
    Not sure about that, IMO bonuses shouldn't be added together, that just makes certain items massively OP.
    They should be just as good as doing the things they did before, and as a natural consequence of the consolidation of skills some will obviously be a little better, but they shouldn't be "massively" better on an epic scale, +120 in any stat for any item is just absurd.
    In the case of the Borg Deflector, it does (as I said) just look like a conversion error. But there will be Deflectors that have had their bonuses shifted due to excessive ControlX or DrainX values resulting from direct conversions. Sounds like Reman/Romulan will be an example of that.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
    edited March 2016
    Well the "players should lose nothing" after all right? That's what you just said up there ^^

Irony aside +55 control is exceeded by several other deflectors so I don't think it'd be a crime to up the bonus or give them replacements like long range targeting sensors. The hull bonus that was added doesn't fit well for these deflectors. Also the Romulan and Reman deflectors can have different bonuses to shake things up.
    samt1996 wrote: »
    Well the "players should lose nothing" after all right?

Actually ... I know people are throwing around this phrase with some irony, but it'd still be accurate in this case.

If a previous piece of equipment gave you all of this:

+20 Graviton Generators
    +20 Inertial Dampers
    +20 Countermeasure Systems
    +20 Subspace Decompiler

The only thing I'd need to convert that into, to ensure that "players lose nothing" is:

+20 Control Expertise

The fact that any conversions are being made more generous than this is actually more than is strictly necessary on our part.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • marthitamarthita Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    The only thing I'd need to convert that into, to ensure that "players lose nothing" is:

+20 Control Expertise

Considering the "normalization" changes I'd say:

105ykn.jpg

Keeping the changes as-is gives enough extra skill to make up for Aux changes and equation "normalization".
    Yes of course, I just have a compulsive need to make other people eat their words. :D

The irony was not directed towards you.