test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Romulan Fed wearing Orion Top?

I just saw a Romulan Fed character wearing an Orion costume top. How is that possible? The character appeared to be an alien, since she had green tinted skin and trill spots. The player placed an ignore on me immediately, so he (or she) must get a lot of questions.

Best Answers

• Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    Magic. Nothing to see here. /thread

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    *cough tailor hack cough*
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg

Answers

• Options
    walligigwalligig Member Posts: 308 Arc User
    I don't know. I've seen humans on ESD with the Orion armor as well. I have no idea how they get it though. I have always assumed it from the lobi store or something along those lines.
    sstosig2.png
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I usually assume tailor hacks...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    dalolorn wrote: »

.......... Am I missing something?

sstosig2.png
  • Options
    psudosapienpsudosapien Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Too bad there is no legitimate way to perform a costume unlock like that (default costume items only). It could be a lucrative item for PWE, like the Mirror Leeta costume, but they put that in the lobi store instead of selling it outright....
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    There really is no justification for having restrictions like this, not with all the outlandish outfits available from reputation and the lobi store.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Just curious why is this assumed to be a hack? I have personally gotten a kdf aligned rom permitted to wear bortasque uniform with romulan rank. But if I try and mod it, it will try and revert. So I assume the tailor just glitches from time to time giving unlocks.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    There really is no justification for having restrictions like this, not with all the outlandish outfits available from reputation and the lobi store.
    That is true. I've been trying to say this for most of my time on STO. There are ships which'd never be flied by Starfleet, costumes, which are... questionable in nature - so the reason really can't be 'immersion' anymore. Frankly, immersion is only as good as you make it for yourself & that's fine, nobody should have the sole right to dictate their perception of immersion and preferred Star Trek style on anyone else. So ex. someone likes TOS era and wants to theme their crew this way? They can. The entire... commotion about what outfits are available to what (at least some of them) faction, or what species our boffs can be... kind of is unnecessary and unneeded, nerfing otherwise great potential way the game has, in terms of customization and offering us creative venues for our crews. If they unlocked the tailor features for our characters, it would be nice & I think a ot of people would appreciate that.

[10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    More of a "Backdoor" ...then a hack... really...

But I'll speak no more of this matter, for fear of having my tongue cut.

[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    One thing I have noticed is sometimes if you load one of your saved costumes on an Alien it will also copy all of the species physical features. It is actually a useful little bug if you want some of your fed boffs on your KDF characters. I guess it is possible that some people use a similar method to get the Orion outfit on their fed aliens. IDK if that's it though I am just taking a guess.
    sstosig2.png
  • Options
    tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    That is true. I've been trying to say this for most of my time on STO.

I know the STO character customization is great and better than a lot of MMO.
    But still, i want a beard for my romulan and orion male for a long time.

43726-27474.jpg
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    walligig wrote: »
    One thing I have noticed is sometimes if you load one of your saved costumes on an Alien it will also copy all of the species physical features. It is actually a useful little bug if you want some of your fed boffs on your KDF characters. I guess it is possible that some people use a similar method to get the Orion outfit on their fed aliens. IDK if that's it though I am just taking a guess.

No, thats not it. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options

I was just as confused as you when that one got accepted. At first, anyway...

A wise choice. *puts mek'leth away* ;)

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Fun fact is an unlimited tailor exists in the Foundry, when building an NPC contact. In some specific combinations, yeah there's some violent clipping or other mess ups as a result. But the majority of the club+formal+uniform+off duty+rep armour combos you can think of have no problem.

I'm sure it's probably a legacy thing. They unlocked a bunch of stuff in the tailor a couple of months ago, and there's probably more that could be unlocked if they tweak whatever limiting code is in place. Guess it probably depends on developer time, in that case.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Well, the only thing I can draw from this is either...

A.) This is a case of an exclusive group who want to remain exclusive by knowing something the rest of us don't.
    B.) This is a case of people doing something they are not suppose to be and don't want Cryptic to find out.
    C.) Both.

My guess is C. Now maybe I should stop poking the bear at this point, but how bad could it's maul be?

sstosig2.png
  • Options
    In my case, it's B - I don't use it too much myself, but I certainly don't want it to be patched out. (Even if some who know how to use it choose to abuse it... :neutral:)

Most of the others are probably B too. It's a neat trick, after all. :)

• Options
    Alright, I'll leave well enough alone then. :)
    sstosig2.png
  • Options

I was just as confused as you when that one got accepted. At first, anyway...

A wise choice. *puts mek'leth away* ;)

I was kinda confused too, actually. I did not select it as the answer. I don't know how it was selected.
  • Options
    Actually if one does not get completely hooked up on "faction" and technicalities the variety is very immersive.
    A whole plethora of aliens and what not.
    I mean its not like Starbases in canon Trek only had starfleet crew and visitors. ;)
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Actually all Females of all Factions (except KDF Liberated Borg) can use the Seven of Nine Outfit.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Actually all Females of all Factions (except KDF Liberated Borg) can use the Seven of Nine Outfit.
    Note: just the bodysuit, not the implants...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    galactickirigalactickiri Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I've seen people show up in First City, Q's Winter Wonderland, and on ESD in swimwear. Never figured that out either...
  • Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    Don't know for sure, but it looks to me as a simple issue. You can have a boff from the other side. Feds can have Orions, Gorn etc. as boff. I suppose you also get their tailor options. Most likely this 'unlock' also works for your captain.

I don't mind how people dress up their characters, so a total tailor unlock wouldn't be a problem for me. The reasonable stance of course is to outfit your characters according to the regulations of the organisation they belong to. A Gorn boff should wear Starfleet outfit. When he is a liaison officer, he could wear his own outfit, but then it is not likely he behaves as someone with a high rank in your organisation.
  • Options
    I've seen people show up in First City, Q's Winter Wonderland, and on ESD in swimwear. Never figured that out either...

Actually that was due to a small glitch when swimwear were first introduced that was fixed the following week.

Basically if you transitioned from the Risa map any other way than the proper way(I.E entered a queue or transwarped to an episode) It would flag the outfit as a normal outfit for some reason, thus making it wearable anywhere.
  • Options
    Never use implants at all so I wouldn't have known that. Thanks.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Well, the only thing I can draw from this is either...

A.) This is a case of an exclusive group who want to remain exclusive by knowing something the rest of us don't.
    B.) This is a case of people doing something they are not suppose to be and don't want Cryptic to find out.
    C.) Both.

My guess is C. Now maybe I should stop poking the bear at this point, but how bad could it's maul be?

There is another option:

D.) Peeps that use it don’t cheat or hack just use the means the game itself offers. Since the devs still don’t like it and will put massive effort into prohibiting it instead of tending to other fundamental bugs with the stuff that supposed to work it’s best not discussed in forums.

Give it time; somebody will eventually put it on youtube before it gets closed. Happened before, will happen again. By that time my Starfleet Klingon boff will still loose her torso when wearing 350 lobi outfits. ;)
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    My Fed Klingon Boff does lose the Torso with the Mirror Outfits that do not have long sleeves.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    fovrel wrote: »
    Don't know for sure, but it looks to me as a simple issue. You can have a boff from the other side. Feds can have Orions, Gorn etc. as boff. I suppose you also get their tailor options. Most likely this 'unlock' also works for your captain.

I don't mind how people dress up their characters, so a total tailor unlock wouldn't be a problem for me. The reasonable stance of course is to outfit your characters according to the regulations of the organisation they belong to. A Gorn boff should wear Starfleet outfit. When he is a liaison officer, he could wear his own outfit, but then it is not likely he behaves as someone with a high rank in your organisation.

Doesn't work that way. One of my Fed captains has an Orion BOFF. My captain can't wear Orion clothing.
  • Options
    Shhh go to sleep little thread, shhhh
    "They" are watching.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg