test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Loot Critter?

javaman1969javaman1969 Member Posts: 298 Arc User
While farming omega particles outside certain stations, seemingly random messages flash (alas, too quickly for me to click on) about speaking with a "loot critter". I'm sure you have seen this. Who is this loot critter, anyway, and what does he, she, or it do? Why is this life form so shy and hard to catch?
His methods have become unsound.

Comments

• Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    They explained why it hangs around a long time ago but I'll be danged if I can find it.

And by that I meant: I'm too lazy to look it up.
    <3
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I have looked it up. There seems to be a lot of conjecture, but, actual definitive info on this subject is scarce. That's why I have decided to drop in and ask some of you exeedingly friendly and helpful people. Thank you.
    Post edited by javaman1969 on
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    The Loot Critter is a joke I use on newbie friends. If they click on them quick enough when they pop up, you get a small bonus in EC and Dil.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    That's why I have decided to drop in and ask some of you exeedingly friendly and helpful people.

I think you took a wrong turn at Risa.
    <3
  • Options
    twg042370 wrote: »
    That's why I have decided to drop in and ask some of you exeedingly friendly and helpful people.

I think you took a wrong turn at Risa.

If you can remeber Risa, you weren't really there.
  • Options
    One popped up when I grabbed some R&D materials at the Dilithium mine. For some reason it makes me think of Miles O'Brien's leprechaun.
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    No one seems to know for sure but from a programmer's perspective it looks and acts like a bug. Its either a bug itself (it did not get assigned a proper value, like "current lock box floating in space to be looted") or its a placeholder that performs damage control on a bug (by having the place-holder, game has a valid nothing to place in space under some error condition that should have placed something else.).

I could be way off, but it feels like a quick band-aid fix to something.