test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Interiors and new bridge sets

I have seen a lot of changes in this wonderful game, adding the Romulan faction, and all the new things in season 11. I know this has been discussed, but I want to see new interiors and bridge sets. We have the TOS, Voyager, and Belfast, but we need more. Actual bridges from the shows and movies, and interiors that make sense. For years every ship has the Enterprise E engine room, hallways that are huge, and no changes since the beginning. I love this game, and I would love to be able to walk around my ships, and it actually look like a ship from Enterprise through Nemesis, the Excelsior, The Ambassador class Enterprise, maybe even a battle bridge. Walk around on the bridge that Kirk faced off against Khan in ST2, sit in the same chair Captain Sulu Sat in, etc. Please Gods of STO, please make this happen.

Comments

• jeffrobinson79jeffrobinson79 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Even in the tutorial, they have new interiors, so what gives?
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    My understanding is they don't sell very well, and that's why they haven't made many more.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    I would pay 50.00 for that
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I would pay 50.00 for that

That's great, but most wouldn't, and it's a lot of work. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but the honest truth is that its probably not going to happen. The Voyager interior is only available because it was already made for a mission.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    Then they should make a mission using the other ships, time travel, maybe during the khitomer attack in ST6, and the battle created a temporal rift, like in yesterday's enterprise.
    I would make a mission like that in the foundry, but not good at designing sets like that.
    We the fans that want to be true to the series and movies, would love this.
    There have been episodes with Dr. McCoy, and Scotty, Harry Kim, even Tasha Yar, so what is stopping them from doing that.
  • grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Would be nice to at least have the default hallways and rooms rescaled to be a little smaller like in a ship.
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
    I know it's a long shot, but I think people would like the change. I know it would take time to do it, but fans like me would love those sets to be implemented.
    Besides, it's 2410, the T6 ships shouldn't be using a warp engine from the late 24th century.
    And if you choose the Odyssey bridge instead of the Aquarius, it's too big.
  • grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    i for one would very much welcome the update of interior, i mean its already in game for F's sake its in the tutorial and several other feddy missions, there is even an observation lounge room available in one of the mission yet we still done have it available in our own interiors. its a simple thing of using already avalable assets for a simple change.
    Wouldn't it be cool to go on the bridge of the Excelsior, or Enterprise A? Each ship should have it's own choice of bridge that actually goes with the ship. Who cares about 10 forward? What they did with Voyager, the TOS, and the Defiant are incredible, so why not the other canon starships? And make a new Odyssey bridge, the Aquarius bridge is cool to a point, but it would be awesome if it had a layout more fitting for the Enterprise. I know others don't care, but true fans do, and Star Trek is on it's 60th anniversary, so I pray the developers read this, and try to implement these awesome interiors. Another thing that would make our geek flags fly, is have William Shatner come back as an older Captain Kirk, or Sir Patrick Stewart as Ambassador Picard, or even Brent Spiner as Data.
    Or even Wil Wheaton, May after his travels with the traveler, went back to Starfleet, and became a Captain.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Honestly, how much time do players spend on the bridge or the corridors? I rarely go to the bridge, never to the corridors anymore. Most of the bridges are low rez and look horrible. There's nothing really to do there. I can understand why Cryptic doesn't give any thought to new bridges.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • eldritchxeldritchx Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    Solution is obvious! Have new episodes made that feature bridges and decks, and sell them as well!
  • sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    Would be nice to at least have the default hallways and rooms rescaled to be a little smaller like in a ship.

As I recall, they tested that internally and it wrought havoc with the camera.
  • jesselovesnettiejesselovesnettie Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    eldritchx wrote: »
    Solution is obvious! Have new episodes made that feature bridges and decks, and sell them as well!
    Amen to that! Most of star trek is on board ship, make either mini games, or missions that require going to the different decks. If they can do it for Voyager, Constitution TOS, and Defiant, why not the rest?

• captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    Ok, here is a suggestion that will cause a lot of players to visit their bridges and other places on the ship.
    Create a daily mission where you have to visit and play 3 different mini games on your ship and get like a dil reward.
    Or an ec or contraband reward, at least something valuable...
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    My understanding is they don't sell very well, and that's why they haven't made many more.

qft basically. nothing else to discuss on this thread.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    Dil reward for visiting the bridge? I support anything that would more dil into the game.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    There have been episodes with Dr. McCoy, and Scotty, Harry Kim, even Tasha Yar, so what is stopping them from doing that.

I honestly don't understand the logic here. How are NPCs related to ship interiors?

It's equally as much work (maybe more) to rescale an existing interior as it would be to just build a new one. Unless we were in love with the old interiors for some reason, we'd be more likely to just build something new than to change the old ones.
    I know it's a long shot, but I think people would like the change. I know it would take time to do it, but fans like me would love those sets to be implemented.

There is no question that people would LIKE it. The issue is that historically, people are not willing to buy it. At least not enough to make it worth all of the work.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • koraheaglecrykoraheaglecry Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Honestly, how much time do players spend on the bridge or the corridors? I rarely go to the bridge, never to the corridors anymore. Most of the bridges are low rez and look horrible. There's nothing really to do there. I can understand why Cryptic doesn't give any thought to new bridges.

How much of this is because you dont care for interiors and how much of this has to do with them having no real purpose to serve beyond RPing?

The vast majority of episodes in Star Trek occur on the ship in its corridors. Understandably in a game like this that has switched to pewpew. But it doesnt explain why Cryptic has never once, outside of a revamped Tutorial, tried to do a internal mission where most of the mission occurs inside your ship. Or attached things like crafting to the inside of your ship so you would utilize the interior more. The crazy thing is that the Tutorial was praised for the changes but it seems its gone in one ear and out the other when it comes to the fact a good portion of that mission was inside your ship.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    eldritchx wrote: »

This might be one of those foundry solutions. I doubt that you could create a system easily where an episode would be able to swap in and out a player-specified ship interior. Most likely cryptic would be forced to create a set of generic interiors for the RR, KDF, and FED. Well and good, but there's no monetization. So if there's no critical reason to have the player ship host the bulk of an episode, complete with full furnishings, then a full interior revamp still falls down as a nice idea but without enough justification for the time and energy (as was presumably the case with the new FED interiors used in the revamped FED tutorial. Even with basic rooms and hallways made there still wasn't enough oomph to continue building out a new player ship interior.)

So, if you want elaborate ship-interior based missions you basically have to create them for yourself (like several of us already have) Getting the devs to do it isn't likely, so personal initiative is the most feasible way of getting this stuff in-game in some way.

CZifwXrUUAE6m4Q.jpg
    By Greendragoon (public bridge project thingy, upcoming mission?)

CbS3T-DVAAAvXF3.jpg
    CavPJbjUkAA_1w4.jpg
    by me (from mission: Eons [AEI])

The Photonomy series also has some great interior work but I don't have any screenshots of those at the moment.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • delaromadelaroma Member Posts: 47 Arc User

tacofangs wrote: »
    There is no question that people would LIKE it. The issue is that historically, people are not willing to buy it. At least not enough to make it worth all of the work.

Historically, have you seen the TRIBBLE bridge packs that have been on offer? other than the Connie, Belfast and Voyager/pathfinder (those that can still obtain it) the other bridge packs are rubbish. Perhaps rather than running the cost to make these down our throats every single time these types of threads pop up, how's a bout you folks at Cryptic take notice and start asking if this is feasible to do? Why not release the voyager/pathfinder bridge as a stand alone purchase and run the number's from there?
    I honestly don't understand the logic here. How are NPCs related to ship interiors?

Tacofangs, I brought npc's up because of it being the 50th Anniversary of Star Trek.
    I absolutely love the idea about making a Daily Dilithium mission on board ship. If there was a way to put foundry designed bridge and interior sets in-game, I would do that. My thought is if other games or simulations can do a complete layout of the interiors, why can't Cryptic?
  • grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    tacofangs wrote: »

seriously?, have you even SEEN those bridge packs, they are abysmal quality like they were done back in 2000 the textures are awfull and most of the early ones were literealy the corner of a corridor with a few consoles and chairs. However, the stuff you been coming out with recently has been amazing and most certainly buyable like the oddysey bridge, the BortasQ the voyager interior and especialy the belfast one, the problem is, they are packaged with ships i am not particularly interested in apart from the oddy and bortasq. and as much as id love to see more Romulan ones the currant interior is AMAZING and i love it and it doesn't bother me so much that there is only one cause its such dam good quality and i do enjoy roaming around my ship in it, though would like the DOFF assignments to be int here appropriate places rather than only accessible from the bridge.

at any rate i think you should at least make a set of 3 bridges/interiors and put them on sale and see who buys, if folks dont they dont but if youve made them good enough quality i guarantee you that folks will purchase them and you have another source of income, though i dont think you are really short of that with all those folks throwing hundreds of pounds worth of keys into the gamble boxes.

• noblehouse#4574 noblehouse Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I've always adored the bad business logic of, "our interiors don't sell," therefore, interiors in general must not sell. Talk about ego. How about some objective logic: the bridge packs don't sell because most are of an embarrassingly low quality, and of the only THREE really high quality ones they've ever released, they arbitrarily and unnecessarily TIED the most important (Voyager) to a huge $50 ship pack! AND the most requested interior wasn't and isn't Voyager at all, but the iconic Galaxy!

No, it's not that there's no demand. It's that Cryptic refuses to meet it.