test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chronometric Omni-Polaron Beambank Bug

xscrawlerxxscrawlerx Member Posts: 13 Arc User
edited February 2016 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
So i just finished Time and Tide and got the Omni-Beambank. I tried to equip it, but got the error message "You can't equip more than one of this kind". Kinda funny, because the Beambank got unlocked today. Turns out that you can't equip the new one and the Ancient AP-Beam together. I know, i know "don't use the rainbow". Just wanted to let you guys know.

Comments

• eighrichteeighrichte Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    That's normal. Crafted omni-beams are in one "equip only one" category; mission reward omni-beams are in another. So you can equip one mission reward omni-beam and one crafted omni-beam. Put a crafted Polaron omni-beam in that slot instead of the ancient AP, and it should work.
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    I can confirm that the crafted polaron and the mission reward one can be equipped together. It's only a shame that you still end up having a rainbow boat, especially if you use the delta 3-set at the same time.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    eighrichte wrote: »
    That's normal. Crafted omni-beams are in one "equip only one" category; mission reward omni-beams are in another. So you can equip one mission reward omni-beam and one crafted omni-beam. Put a crafted Polaron omni-beam in that slot instead of the ancient AP, and it should work.

Confirmed. Crafted Polaron omni-beam and mission one go together just fine.

P.S. Why would anyone even *want* to put Ancient AP Omni on a Polaron build?! *boggle*
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • xscrawlerxxscrawlerx Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Simple: I forgot to unload the ancient ap omni..^^
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,804 Community Moderator
    Yep that's intentional. 1 crafted omni beam, 1 mission reward omni beam. Also one thing that I believe needs to be expanded upon slightly. If for example you have a Thoron Infused Polaron and a regular Polaron Beam on the same ship, you're not running a rainbow boat as both are still Polaron weapons that use polaron damage. The only difference is that not all of the polaron weapons carry the traditional polaron proc of power drain. In terms of the cosmetic color of the weapons, you're most certainly running a rainbow boat, however in actual mechanics wise you're not. Hope that makes sense.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Yep that's intentional. 1 crafted omni beam, 1 mission reward omni beam. Also one thing that I believe needs to be expanded upon slightly. If for example you have a Thoron Infused Polaron and a regular Polaron Beam on the same ship, you're not running a rainbow boat as both are still Polaron weapons that use polaron damage. The only difference is that not all of the polaron weapons carry the traditional polaron proc of power drain. In terms of the cosmetic color of the weapons, you're most certainly running a rainbow boat, however in actual mechanics wise you're not. Hope that makes sense.

Which is why I think all weapons need a cosmetic option which effect you want to use, i.e. "Vanilla" or "special". In case of the chronometric polaron that would be a right click -> visuals -> [x] Special [_] Polaron. For a Withering Disruptor it could be right click -> visuals -> [x] Special [_] Disruptor and so on and you pick which one you like. This would also take care of people using phaser visuals on AP weapons as this is appearantly the reason we don't get to use a feature like this, even though rep and lockbox weapons already turned the rule of weapon effects upside down.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    Well I think your first problem is trying to use the mission reward Omni: it sucks. If it wasn't omni or part of a set...or free, it wouldn't be worth the time. The proc sucks, the proc chance sucks and it comes with a crappy modifier: acc (right?) You lose TWO modifiers for it being (well, I suppose 1, really). But you lose a mod and the proc chance *should* make up for it. But it doesn't Add this to the fact that Omni beams are locked out of the [CritD] mod it would seem...
    T93uSC8.jpg