What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

you screwed up the scimitar

124»

Comments

• Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    Well KDF kept whining about feds taking their stuff so the dev's gave them a re skinned fed cruiser... and they hated it. Lol
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    samt1996 wrote: »
    Well KDF kept whining about feds taking their stuff so the dev's gave them a re skinned fed cruiser... and they hated it. Lol

LOL, it really is! I honestly believed if the Bortasqu' was a Fed Flagship instead of the actual Odyssey, Feds would have loved it better. 5 TAC console Cruiser for the TAC version, 4 TAC+Sensor Analysis for another version. The SA version is more powerful than the SA/SCI Odyssey.

Anyways, there was such hatred of the Bort when it hit that it was the last KDF C-Store ship for *years* until Delta Rising came out in late 2014.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    spearhawk2013spearhawk2013 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    That things looks like a freaked up boomerang, not like a bird of prey
  • Options
    That things looks like a freaked up boomerang, not like a bird of prey

And the actual Scimitar doesn't?
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    agnostic4 wrote: »

Looks like they took the Reman Scimitar and made it a Romulan ship. I likes it.

Exactly.
    The thread title makes it seem like we did something to the Scimitar - which is flat out wrong. We actually did nothing to the Scimitar itself. We're just adding more parts, and they're all compatible with the previous ships -- mix & match it all to your heart's content. I think you'll all find that, despite the disparity between the species & their designs, the parts mix well.

Also, I'm assuming you can apply the existing Reman skins to these new ships if you still want the Reman look, right @captjamjamz

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    The Turn Rate of the Bortasqu' is less of a concern for a while now. Good subsystem power (Engines), Hyper-Impulse Engines, DOFFed Aux2Damp, as well as other means improves the turn rate of any ship. She has the ENG ability slots to easily do this.

With Turn Rate being easily fixed, the *real* problem of the Bortasqu', IMO, is her horrible Inertia rating and the tendency to excessively slide out of combat range. You miss a managed turn and next thing you know you're several km out of combat range.

I highly doubt the T6 version will have this issue fixed. The Bortasqu' had always been a very polarizing ship within the KDF. For the ones that hate the Bort, it is her subpar handling that they hate. It's not a question of her firepower, survivability. It's a question of her being a Klingon Battlecruiser that doesn't behave like a Klingon Battlecruiser, i.e. D-7, Vor'Cha, Negh'Var, etc.

Multi Bort drifting sounds pretty epic to me, actually. :p
  • Options
    groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    See I didnt like the picture they put up on the main announcement, its just not the best picture in my opinion.
    When I saw some other pictures of the different variants (also shown in this thread) however, my opinion changed completely.
    You shall have my money for this one Cryptic, a nice replacement for my current scimitar which I have flown for so so long now I am bored to death with it.
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • Options
    adorkabledoriadorkabledori Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    Saddest part of it all: Again Fed/KDF/Rom ships. Would love to see Andorian/Vulcan/Orion/Nausciean T6 ships in the game.
  • Options
    reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    Whats with peoiples obessino to add spieks of evil to everything. It does not make the vessl look cool. It makes it look TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    angarus1 wrote: »
    The Turn Rate of the Bortasqu' is less of a concern for a while now. Good subsystem power (Engines), Hyper-Impulse Engines, DOFFed Aux2Damp, as well as other means improves the turn rate of any ship. She has the ENG ability slots to easily do this.

With Turn Rate being easily fixed, the *real* problem of the Bortasqu', IMO, is her horrible Inertia rating and the tendency to excessively slide out of combat range. You miss a managed turn and next thing you know you're several km out of combat range.

I highly doubt the T6 version will have this issue fixed. The Bortasqu' had always been a very polarizing ship within the KDF. For the ones that hate the Bort, it is her subpar handling that they hate. It's not a question of her firepower, survivability. It's a question of her being a Klingon Battlecruiser that doesn't behave like a Klingon Battlecruiser, i.e. D-7, Vor'Cha, Negh'Var, etc.

Multi Bort drifting sounds pretty epic to me, actually. :p

2 Fast 2 Trek 4 U!
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    I honestly think these ships came to soon. The stats for these ships should and probably will be epic.
  • Options
    theillusivenmantheillusivenman Member Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    semalda226 wrote: »
    But the Scimitar is supposed to have "58 disruptor banks, 27 photon torpedo bays, Primary, and Secondary Shields"

52*, and good luck fitting that to the game. People are gonna cry easy mode/bloody murder on T6 scimis alone.
    I won't be buying them so I'm not bothered.
    I honestly think these ships came to soon. The stats for these ships should and probably will be epic.
    If by "epic" you mean a fifth ship trait plus one more boff power and addition of more then likely LtCmdr Command, then yes. I wouldn't call that epic, it's in line of all the other T6 versions they did. I think they came at the just right time to make a good profit.
    5980291nyfcc.png
    "Reality is a thing of the past."
    Proud supporter of equality for all human beings.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    This is not a friendly ship. This is not a ship you send to friendly diplomatic events.

What?!?! 52 pulse disruptor cannons, 27 photon torpedo launchers, and a thalaron cascading biogenic pulse weapon don't just say "I wanna be your friend" to you? o:)
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Just paint them black and Batman will take a set... ;)

You can sure tell that Remans didn't design this version of it. It's Rommy all the way! For better or worse.
    Engineering
    Cat5YiMUEAAx5OE.jpg
    Science
    CatyY14UMAAWiol.jpg
    Tactical
    CattOx2UkAA3u74.jpg

• Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    Kinda late, but I'd like to note the T6 BortasQu' variants had their manoeuvrability buffed (both inertia and turn rate). And it also finally got a Fleet level shield mod.

Technically, they should now be more nimble than the Odysseys.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    I think the Flambard kinda resembles a Bat
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• Options
    nateham101#2745 nateham101 Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    The ship looks fantastic. If you don't like it, use the T5 skin. problem solved
    1Wlp6QH.gif
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Well, actually working with the tools I'm quite satisfied (and that's as someone who thinks the Scimitar skeleton is heavily overused)

The Bone Dancer (a traditional Romulan children's tale monster, similar to Earth's child-eating hags)
    I still can't believe the Federation gave me permission to bring this beast into orbit over the human homeworld.
    Bone%20Dancer%20Top_zpsgduxulbx.jpg~original

Bone%20Dancer%20Approach_zpsgbbw2uts.jpg~original

Bone%20Dancer%20Depart_zpslzzkbg7a.jpg~original

The Necromancer
    My scientist-captain will be returning to the ISS Abyss - her Paradox-class trophy ship - but she's been assigned to give this Romulan science dreadnought a thorough shakedown cruise. Seen here above New Romulus.

Necromancer%20Top_zpsgbl1xdzb.jpg~original

Necromancer%20Cruise_zpsir26bawd.jpg~original

Necromancer%20Turn_zps80zunu1x.jpg~original

((So no, I don't agree they screwed up at all. And since these made it through approvals, neither does CBS))

• Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    shinnok918 wrote: »
    so I was looking at the new look for the scimitar and you know what? You screwed it up cryptic. there's some mean beautiful looking designs floating around the internet that would make the scimitar look evil, menacing, the ship its supposed to be. who knows maybe itll look a little better in actuality, but the picture I saw looks...U G L Y. delay the release and go back to the drawing board....better yet google t6 scimitar and ull see what a t6 scimitar should look like. nice fail craptic.

So? I think the suggestions that I've seen for the T6 Scimitar posted on here are ugly pieces of junk where the artist(s) tried to hard to try and make them look menacing.

What makes your opinion so important compared to Cryptic or anyone else?
  • Options
    vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    They look like Tonka toys, Princess Peaches crown, or a lighter version of something.

If I was Reman. Ill do a proper version along with Sela and make Scimitar Epic refit
    Post edited by vivenneanthony on
  • Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »
    Well, actually working with the tools I'm quite satisfied (and that's as someone who thinks the Scimitar skeleton is heavily overused)

The Bone Dancer (a traditional Romulan children's tale monster, similar to Earth's child-eating hags)
    I still can't believe the Federation gave me permission to bring this beast into orbit over the human homeworld.
    Bone%20Dancer%20Top_zpsgduxulbx.jpg~original

Bone%20Dancer%20Approach_zpsgbbw2uts.jpg~original

Bone%20Dancer%20Depart_zpslzzkbg7a.jpg~original

wow very impressed, it would work well for a lib borg rommie as the lights kind of make it look partially assimilated.

0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • Options
    shinnok918shinnok918 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    btw as a mod to my original pst...the khopesh looks mean-er. they should've used it instead of the flambard in the original pic. its hull us kind of fugly, but its a science-y version. not meant for the beauty of a full tac.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    I found making a hybrid between the tier 5 scimi hull and the tier 6 tac version wigs and nacelles to be cool looking. Hull is veteran material so white with black color option.

Looking good. B)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    jaymclaughlinjaymclaughlin Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    Would have been cool if they made Romulan and Reman variants of each model
    animated.gif
  • Options
    mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    Just paint them black and Batman will take a set... ;)

You can sure tell that Remans didn't design this version of it. It's Rommy all the way! For better or worse.
    100% agree. And I am glad i am not the only one that thought some of them look like batplanes lol I wish I could put the Aeon skin on it :)
    Would have been cool if they made Romulan and Reman variants of each model

Hmmm, but there is allready a Reman variant. Wasnt the original Scimitar design a Reman Ship? So this new model is the Romulan variant, so there are 2 variants of each model

Anyway, in the end beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I personally like the designs. Using the Khopesh hull with the Flambard wings looks like a nice kitbash imho.
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    I can't wait to get a new T6 Scimitar >>>>droolsfish-46.gif​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    I like them except for the hollow front , that part looks ridiculous. It's so thin a single torpedo could easily blow right through it. I know Romulans are all about making their ships look intimidating but at least give it some support or structure , not a fake nose. :s
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    I love the T6 Scimitar...contrary to OP's opinion. IMO best flagship from that C store.​​
  • Options
    skrapnelskrapnel Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Love my T6 Scimi as well..... Having fun vaporizing stuff with it.