test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starting game in safe-mode

djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
Hi for some reason on my primary desktop PC i am unable to play STO unless i start the game in safe mode but when i am using the game on my laptop pc i can run the game straight from scratch is there anyway i can solve this i have tried using the version from ARC and the version from Steam but the same problem occurs and it is really really annoying as everytime i launch the game i have to go through the rigmarole of resetting all my settings on my desktop computers please help me solve this problem as i have 4GB RAM (3.88GB Usable) on my desktop and 2GB RAM (unknown usable amount) on my laptop
The True King In The North

Comments

• arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Does your PC use AMD drivers? As the latest Crimson drivers seem to be having a hard time remaining compatible with STO. I personally get a lot of GameClient.exe has stopped responding during map transfers and general loading screens.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • jslatersjslaters Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    yea the new amd drives dont like sto. remove it and download the last driver set.
  • kittman42kittman42 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I get both of the issues mentioned in this thread. When I have the game opened, I run it on max settings with no issues yet the game just refuses to load properly when it is not in safe mode. It'll load to the point of the Star Trek Online New Dawn loading screen and then will refuse to load anymore. The crashing for me can get really bad, happening every time I have a loading screen at times.

I have 8GB RAM and a nVidia 840M graphics card with a 2.5 Ghz quad core i7. I've also had this issue for over a year now so it seems highly unlikely that the driver is the issue in my case.
  • tetsu374tetsu374 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Is there a way to get an older version of the exe, It keeps crashing whenever its trying to access D3D. My machine isn't great but I didn't have these problems playing the game before on WinXP. Could someone give me some options?
  • wptdarkstarwptdarkstar Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I've had nothing but issues since windows 10 came to town.