test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bonus Dilithium Weekend

Our Bonus Dilithium Weekend is coming back Captains!

Moar Dilithium for the Dilithium Gods!

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

Comments

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,323 Arc User
    Should help my newest char get a bit of a reserve.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    darkhorse281darkhorse281 Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    How about raising the refine cap for a weekend instead of having us collect yet even more unrefined unusable dil.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    AGAIN?!?
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    Awesome! Our fleets have a few of the bigger projects coming up, could use the extra dil stocked up.
  • Options
    plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    Yay, lets get rid of some dilithium claims!! Cheers cryptic!!!
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Overlaps Omega event, which only happens once a year.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    First world problem: I have so many dilithium claims now, even if the Dilithium Weekend ran for a full 30 days, that all 11 of my alts could not possibly turn them all in.

I really wish I could give some of them away.
  • Options
    murkalael#7691 murkalael Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    As a newbie, I would vote for a double refining dilithium bonus weekend, really 8K/day is nothing...
    IInLzhi.gif
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Looks like someone is trying to push the Dil-Zen exchange rate to up over 400. :/
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    How about raising the refine cap for a weekend instead of having us collect yet even more unrefined unusable dil.

That mostly helps the farmers / hardcore grinders. Giving extra dil instead helps the casuals, so extra dil is the better choice.
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    ...and the recent short duration between these weekends works to increase the level of inflation in the dil exchange; I look for exchange rates to approach 350 again soon. :/
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    aliguanaaliguana Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    RIP Dil-zen exchange
    LUKARI GUERILLA GARDENING MILITIA - Glowing fingers are Growing fingers!
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    More dilithium?? Just what the game needs...
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    And just when dil exchange rate began to dip a little... Then again, unless something horrible happens, the rate would go down eventually, and my dil would still be there... Or directly spent as dilithium...
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Oh well, will have to wait longer to exchange Dilithium into Zen, then..

It does have the added bonus of not needing to be online as much, because what is the point being online to earn it if you cannot exchange it..
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    This is good, I don't get much dil with what time I play. So I can get some built up for my characters. This is much needed.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »

the exact same words i would of used, word for word with one less question mark.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    iamynaught wrote: »
    Looks like someone is trying to push the Dil-Zen exchange rate to up over 400. :/

Ding din ding!!!! We have a winner: THIS IS INTENTIONAL. HIGHER EXCHANGE RATE= MORE REAL MONEY FOR CRYPTIC.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    Decision decisions. Grind particles or dilithium.

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »

the exact same words i would of used, word for word with one less question mark.

I felt an extra question mark was justified to display my doubly confused state at reading the announcement. This game is going a bizarre way right now... :|
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    p4hajujup4hajuju Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    Well I could get some dilithium for a few chars so I could get some reputation ground and space slots opened in the coming weeks. Maybe get a head start on the mastery slot cost too.

Well I'm in no hurry.
    Galavant!
    "Use Temporal Skills to NERF EVERYTHING before it happened!" -Unknown source.
  • Options
    willdojinnwilldojinn Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    tancrediiv wrote: »

Considering I have over 100k in dil reserve I hope that was sarcasm.
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    tancrediiv wrote: »

Since I'm not grinding particles and just getting what I am by doing the daily for the ship, and if I'm left with HAVING to grind particles or Dilithium, I choose option "i".

As in ignore and just keep playing the game as I normally do.

Grinding isn't fun, I play games to have fun. I did the particle grind last year and it completely burned me out. If I'd have had the option to run the Find Q mish at the Academy to get the Anniversary ship this year, I would have done that over the particle game. It's just too blasted buggy and having to travel all over the place takes too long. Add in the long load times on certain maps and...

Anyway, I actually do appreciate the bonus Dil, but I will not grind for it. I gave up trying to hit the 8k daily cap years ago. Not to say I haven't hit it once in a while, I just don't make that a deciding factor on how much I play.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    shadow1766shadow1766 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    That's nice but are you going to fix lag so i can play content. could not move in entity advanced without bouncing all over the place and over a minute from clicking respawn to appearing.....
  • Options
    nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    iamynaught wrote: »

Ding din ding!!!! We have a winner: THIS IS INTENTIONAL. HIGHER EXCHANGE RATE= MORE REAL MONEY FOR CRYPTIC.
    It depends... Sure, you'd get some people who might have just brought their dil to the exchange spend real money instead, but then people who buy zen to get their dil need to buy less with high rates, and then again, some of them would spend more to take advantage of good (for them) rates...

Without knowing exactly how grindy are the grinders and how spendy are the spenders it's difficult to tell. But, considering Cryptic seems to be generous with the dilithium events lately they probably want a rate of 350 or so.
  • Options
    ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    Oh great. More distractions from the fact that INVESTIGATE OFFICER REPORTS IS MISSING/GONE, and just desperately hoping the Dil Exchange goes up to entice people to bring out their wallets.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Again? Don't think me ungrateful but the dilithium exchange is highly inflated as it is.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Our Bonus Dilithium Weekend is coming back Captains!

Moar Dilithium for the Dilithium Gods!

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

With Captain Calendar not telling us what's happening on the weekends, only pwlaughingtrendy can save the day!