What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Really nead to address PvE Qs.

2»

Comments

• Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    The queues don't need to be adressed. It's the players' mentality that's the problem.

We had a discussion here, a couple of weeks ago, about PUGing. Since it's around 5 in the morning where I am, I'm not going to look for the comment I made there, but this was the main message:

Too many people want perfect missions where everything goes well, where no unexpected things happen, where everything is guaranteed. That's why no one is PUGing. That's why the queues (or at least a significant part of them) are empty.

Things already seem to be better than a while back btw. Fleet alert, federation starbase incursion, KAGA, brotherhood of the sword, bug hunt and even hive ground elite are seeing a lot more activity.
  • Options
    zombieman149zombieman149 Member Posts: 29 New User
    > @risian4 said:
    > Most marks can be obtained in battlezones too.
    >
    > I know, that's not going to solve the problem with the queues, but it should at least help you to get your daily marks.

Battlezones are much better for it, inmo
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    There are just to many queues right now. Instead of permently removing them maybe a rotation would be a good solution. Say reduce the active queues by 60% at random and every two weeks change the queue missions randomly. This way there woud be incentive to play the various queues instead of just the new shiney popular ones. It would go some thing like this Week one and two Borg queues week three and four Iconian Week five and six Undine etc. then when the related mission list was done you repaet the week one and two and so on.
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    The problem with the queues is that most arent long-time rewarding. Most people will join most of them just to get through Rep, and then only play what they want.

ISA and KSA are so well received because 1.)they are relatively short, 2.) relatively easy, 3.) without stupid cutscenes you have to watch and 4.) are not timegated.

I play Counterpoint for exactly this reason: I get my marks, and will never go in that mission again. While its easy, its timegated, has cutscenes you cant circumvent and -for bonus points- a very ear-hurting Voice over.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    risian4 wrote: »
    Things already seem to be better than a while back btw. Fleet alert, federation starbase incursion, KAGA, brotherhood of the sword, bug hunt and even hive ground elite are seeing a lot more activity.
    Sword Elite gained in popularity when people started to understand what to do and compulsive button smashers started being less common. Bug Hunt has actually significantly LOST popularity as a result of the "Useless Lt. Derpface Must Survive" objective, and most people have defected to Sword Elite for their Icomark fixes. This change sort of leaves Delta Marks without a good grind source, as every other source of Delta Marks pays TRIBBLE and is only good for hitting the Daily.

Lt. Derp doesn't need to survive on lower difficulties. Advanced, Normal and even Elite are still regularly running. On Elite it's a good thing that there are some extra requirements. But of course, if everyone wants guaranteed rewards and the highest rewards possible indeed, then they won't play advanced or normal when there's an elite version available. Or at least not PUG it. Again, the attitude of the players, that's what's wrong. The fact that there were people complaining about requirements on ELITE when they added them, while advanced still gives reasonable rewards as well, proves that.

Side note: it's what has ground always made more interesting: a need to being able to do other things beside shooting stuff. If only they made some changes to Rhihoo station 'Elite' so that it isn't laughable easy anymore... perhaps then the advanced and normal versions of these missions would see some more activity too.