test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

i do not get it

2»

Comments

• vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,912 Arc User
    well they could probably get koenig, but Takai is pretty busy with his Broadway show, Shatner too expensive, all thee only good for a time travel episode, Shimmerman is locked into a lot of voice work already, and at 66 does he really need it? Rene Auberjonois can't seem to put his phone down long enough to speak (Ever see his twitter acct?) I think we have had enough of the series characters, IMO, unless it is something really explosive, like getting Nana Visitor to voice Kira in a bajoran civil war
    sig.jpg
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    I seem to recall one of the Devs talking about remastering an episode and using Sisco's lines from episodes to voice it. It was Geko, I believe, on a P1 Podcast interview. Apparently they can do that, they have access to the shows' audio tracks, so it would be a matter of getting permission to use an actor's likeness. The episode would have to be written with that in mind, and thus would probably have to mirror actual episodes pretty closely, bringing out those who would scream about cut-and-paste-unoriginality.

Plus, it might turn off other ST alum from wanting to do the work. "You didn't bother to pay Bill to do this, why should I want to?"
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    I'd rather they used the resources to create and flesh out original characters than waste it on reliving past glories.