test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Things that still needed to be added to the Armada system.

- Armada mail - Yes I agree that there should be a button to block it. However, if the whole point of this Armada system it to get bigger fleets to help smaller ones or to get ANY fleets to work together, not having an Armada mail seems stupid.
- Armada bank - see above.
- Name of Armada can be seen separately than the name of the fleet. This has been bugging me and maybe I have missed something, but why can't we have our Fleet name and Armada name displayed separately? Yeah, this is a small gripe but it would definitely help answer the question whether a fleet is in an Armada.
- Choosing which ranks are allowed to invite to the Armada. Man this is really annoying, and it puts alot of pressure on top leaders to always be available. It is bad enough Betas can only invite Gammas but it can also only be the highest ranked members. Most fleets are run by ONE leader, and it is taxing to wait for them to come on to add someone even when you send a mail. This should have been implemented months ago.

Well that is it on my list. If you have others than go ahead and list them.

Comments

• Options
    grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Armada mail should be top priority if anything else at this point. That's just a quality of life thing at this point.
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    Mail is a must

bank would be nice

• Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2015
    I agree on all accounts, except the bank. Our armada has been trying to arrange a large get together but with no armada mail it requires a lot of co-ordination from the fleet leaders and staff to try and get the word out to people.

One of those points seems like a small issue (the name of the armada being on display above your character), but when you're in an armada with 13 fleets which can have a combined total of up to 6.5K players... it'd be really nice to be able to spot them easily when going around the place like you can with people in your actual fleet. I'd also like them to add in an option for the UI settings so you can set armada members to always show their names like you can currently with fleet members or people on your friends list etc.

I also do realise, just in case somebody comes in here and tries to point it out, that you can set your armada name to display instead of a title. However, that's not sufficient in my opinion. For one, titles only display on ground maps.

The system is good, but still needs work and I'm hoping that they are still interested in working on it and haven't just decided that it's "good enough" and can now be left as is.
    ​​
    Post edited by khamseenair on
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,553 Arc User
    After 5 years mail you sent to alts still shows as unread mail for this character, so don't hold your breath for new mail features.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    Mail yes, bank no. An armada bank could cause problems. Fleets that leave the armada would lose access to the bank. And who would be in charge of the bank? The alpha fleet? If the alpha fleet leaves everyone else is screwed.
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    dark4blood wrote: »
    - Armada mail - Yes I agree that there should be a button to block it. However, if the whole point of this Armada system it to get bigger fleets to help smaller ones or to get ANY fleets to work together, not having an Armada mail seems stupid.
    - Armada bank - see above.
    - Name of Armada can be seen separately than the name of the fleet. This has been bugging me and maybe I have missed something, but why can't we have our Fleet name and Armada name displayed separately? Yeah, this is a small gripe but it would definitely help answer the question whether a fleet is in an Armada.
    - Choosing which ranks are allowed to invite to the Armada. Man this is really annoying, and it puts alot of pressure on top leaders to always be available. It is bad enough Betas can only invite Gammas but it can also only be the highest ranked members. Most fleets are run by ONE leader, and it is taxing to wait for them to come on to add someone even when you send a mail. This should have been implemented months ago.

Well that is it on my list. If you have others than go ahead and list them.

I agree with all of those suggestions except the Armada bank, for the same reasons monkeybone mentioned.

I also still would like to see some sort of social zone holding for each Armada.

And cross-faction potential needs to be actualized for Armadas, which would be especially beneficial to RRF fleets.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    Mail yes
    Bank no..Unless anything stored within the bank would be Bound to the fleet whom it belongs to.
  • Options
    Mail yes
    Bank no..Unless anything stored within the bank would be Bound to the fleet whom it belongs to.

Yeah that would defeat the purpose of an armada bank as it would just be another fleet bank.
  • Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    Agree with the Armada mail and custom name, disagree with the armada bank for the reasons mentioned above.

I'd also like to add allowing cross-faction armadas. Take my fleets for example. 3 Delta fleets, unified pretty strongly, but separated by Armada. And I'd love to have all of them under the same fleets.

I'd say it would be fair to restrict the gamma fleets based on the faction of the beta fleet (aka only KDF gamma fleets under a KDF beta fleet), but I would absolutely love this wonderful system to be cross-faction.​​
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    rahmkota19 wrote: »
    Agree with the Armada mail and custom name, disagree with the armada bank for the reasons mentioned above.

I'd also like to add allowing cross-faction armadas. Take my fleets for example. 3 Delta fleets, unified pretty strongly, but separated by Armada. And I'd love to have all of them under the same fleets.

I'd say it would be fair to restrict the gamma fleets based on the faction of the beta fleet (aka only KDF gamma fleets under a KDF beta fleet), but I would absolutely love this wonderful system to be cross-faction.​​

Cross faction armadas would be nice and is something players had requested after the armada system was announced. I think a dev commented on the forums that cross faction armadas is something they might look into later but wasn't something they were currently working on at the time.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    Mail yes

Yeah that would defeat the purpose of an armada bank as it would just be another fleet bank.

Exactly why i posted it cause sooner or later someone would bring it up so i did it first so it will be covered already an armada bank has to many ways for other fleets to get screwed over if the alpha decided to jet with all the goods within.
  • Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    rahmkota19 wrote: »

I'd say it would be fair to restrict the gamma fleets based on the faction of the beta fleet (aka only KDF gamma fleets under a KDF beta fleet), but I would absolutely love this wonderful system to be cross-faction.

Cross faction armadas would be nice and is something players had requested after the armada system was announced. I think a dev commented on the forums that cross faction armadas is something they might look into later but wasn't something they were currently working on at the time.

So I read too. However, I think it should be something they are working on, along with crossfac teaming. Red vs Blue is a system that for this game is outdated and pointless, so might as well remove as much of it as possible. Especially since workaround around teaming already exist, allowing for Fed-KDF teams to exist outside of queues.​​
  • Options
    shawnypshawnyp Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I also had a thread about this. As many of our armada fleets are from different parts of the world, Armada mail would make life far easier. We had a epicly good christmas party, that could have been even better if we had an easier way to get the word out (we mailed all fleet leaders, organization is key). Sure theres armada chat and our private channels, but why can't the Alpha fleet leaders mail all the fleets in the Armada? It would make targeting upgrades and holding events far simpler.

Patty@shawnypat
    Fleet Commander,
    Naw'Tem Fleets

First Officer,
    Access Denied
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    dark4blood wrote: »
    5. The ability to name your Armada SOMETHING other than the name of the Alpha fleet...sigh this annoys me.

Yeap, that would be really cool. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Why, look... A Zombie Thread.

Where'd our Zombie Hunters.. I mean mods... go? ;)

@jodarkrider
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
This discussion has been closed.