test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Disabling UGC on Holodeck and Tribble

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Hey folks!

With our update and everything coming up, we will once against temporarily be disabling UGC in STO in order to do Anniversary stuff and... other things. Also I have some Foundry stuff that I'm planning, but that's me being a tease.

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

Comments

• Options
    djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    Tell us pls or at least some redacted clues
    The True King In The North
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    Could you refresh my memory? What exactly is UGC again?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    chroma01chroma01 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    User Generated Content... I believe... or is it Undine Guise Collection?
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    Could you refresh my memory? What exactly is UGC again?
    User Generated Content. Foundry.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    Why not just say Foundry then?
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Will this follow the usual post-season republish procedure or are you taking it down for other reasons? Also, is this effective immediately, or with next week's Anniversary patch?
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User

Foundry is, as i understand, the published content while UGC is the system to create content.

Thanks for the answer folks.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    questerius wrote: »

Foundry is, as i understand, the published content while UGC is the system to create content.

Thanks for the answer folks.

Other way around really. The tool is the Foundry, and user generated content is what it creates.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    argamor03argamor03 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    No! I was in the middle of a Foundry series. A pretty good one too. :(
  • Options
    djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    Will this follow the usual post-season republish procedure or are you taking it down for other reasons? Also, is this effective immediately, or with next week's Anniversary patch?

Looks like it's immediately. Even the published missions are down. With that in mind, will the rating system be temporarily disabled once Foundry comes back up to give us time to make sure nothing has changed to make our missions unplayable?

Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • Options
    minidariminidari Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    ok, this temporarily while a day or two?
  • Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    Hey folks!

With our update and everything coming up, we will once against temporarily be disabling UGC in STO in order to do Anniversary stuff and... other things. Also I have some Foundry stuff that I'm planning, but that's me being a tease.

"and...other things."

Would it have to do with a new Foundry search UI? (see sig below)

*hint, hint* *nudge, nudge* *wink, wink* ;)
  • Options
    zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    Does this mean we are getting a Season 11.5 or something with the Anniversary event? I noticed that the most recent Tribble patch was not included in today's update. Though as of last night, at least the Redshirt server isn't up, or not yet at least?

I'm just asking and/or speculating or guessing. :)
  • Options
    agarwaencranagarwaencran Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Hey folks!

"and...other things."

Would it have to do with a new Foundry search UI? (see sig below)

*hint, hint* *nudge, nudge* *wink, wink* ;)

That would be so awesome :D
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    People... Last year the Foundry was disabled for the Anniversary event... to Give more Server resources to the Omega Game.... To cut down on lag and other issues. This is likely the same thing.

• Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    Trendy just tweeted that they were working to get it back up later today. This isn't downtime for a big update, and likely won't have to have a big auto-republish cycle. I imagine it has the most to do with the lag from the omega minigame. You all remember how crazy that was at first last year and they disabled the foundry to help with that. I'm guessing this time they might be doing some preparation work so they don't have to do that this year.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    And yet I still managed to squeeze in a few hours of omega chasing on Tetin. :)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    argamor03 wrote: »
    No! I was in the middle of a Foundry series. A pretty good one too. :(
    Which one?

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    Okay, I understand. However, the message in the launcher - "UGC has been temporarily disabled, we apologize for the inconvenience." - is unclear. We would not be unreasonable to expect something like this:

"User-generated content has been temporarily disabled; we apologize for the convenience. See this forum thread for explanation."
  • Options
    awlaforgeawlaforge Member Posts: 235 Arc User

Uh yeah. that.

• Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    aaaaaaaand it's all back up
This discussion has been closed.