test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Salami_Inferno and zeroniusrex Interview

Greetings fellow STO players! Tomorrow the 21st of January, Priority One Podcast will be interviewing Executive Producer @Salami_Inferno and Producer @zeroniusrex. Have any burning questions? Reply here and let us know! normal-1.gif​​
Twitter: @P1Winters83 YouTube: WintersGaming
=/\= ========================================== =/\=
Fleet Admiral Winters - Priority One Armada
U.S.S. Wolverine - NCC 831216
Armada Leader // Executive Producer // Host // Priority One Podcast

Comments

• Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Not sure if this has been asked before in an interview, but one thing I'd like to know is if there are any plans to make retired ships from events (Anniversary, Summer and Winter) available through other means (C-store, Lobi store, dilithium store etc.)

Or if there are plans for an event where we get another chance at earning these ships.
  • Options
    winters83winters83 Member Posts: 486 Media Corps
    risian4 wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been asked before in an interview, but one thing I'd like to know is if there are any plans to make retired ships from events (Anniversary, Summer and Winter) available through other means (C-store, Lobi store, dilithium store etc.)

Or if there are plans for an event where we get another chance at earning these ships.

I don't believe that question has been asked directly however I do know that it has been said in past Dev Blogs that the event ships were being retired. From the wording it came across as a permanent thing but we will certainly try and get the question in! :smile:​​
  • Options
    siliconpsychosiliconpsycho Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    My question:

Are they ever going to return to releasing a "season" of missions all at once? or is the drip feed of FE's a thing now?
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Are they ever going to look at the PVE queues and try to sort out the mess there;

Three parts really:

1) Are they going to add sufficient elite content to keep the top players happy?

2) Are they going to consider ways to solve the problems with dead PVE queues and how bad it must look for new players seeing most endgame content is dead?

3) Are we ever going to see much loved currently "retired" queues like NWS and Mine Trap return?
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    risingwolfshadowrisingwolfshadow Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    When will the Dev team bring some balance to gear and boff powers so that we can make best use of what is a very good combat system but is held back by the sheer power creep and abilities that have little to no counter?

Also have you noticed that ships are flying way too fast these days and torpedoes are too slow?
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    Will there be any updates to the R&D system soon? (Anything from new recipes, ability to change mods, or breakdown of items for materials...)

Will the Defiant console set bonus be addressed soon? (Currently, the set bonus it quite useless for FEDs, and omits the phaser quad cannons.)
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    Can there be content made for players to play solo and gain marks for any of the reputations?

Is there any plans to add more Science Ships to help out in the Admiralty system?

Will you guys reconsider Gateway website and actually make it a functional part of the game? I would love to be able to do the Doffing and Admiralty through the Gateway, would make my time in game more for content that way. I think it would also be good to expand it to allow us to reset the R&D and Reputations.

Will Memory Alpha ever be re-opened and used as the Galactic Library for the game?
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    It would be nice to allow us to craft Andorian phasers and add a omni-directional beam to the mix. Any plans to do that?

Further, are there plans to introduce new non-Starfleet ships to the blue side? Tellarite (!), Vulcan, Andorian?

How about a Targ handling ground kit?​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    It would be nice to allow us to craft Andorian phasers and add a omni-directional beam to the mix. Any plans to do that?

Further, are there plans to introduce new non-Starfleet ships to the blue side? Tellarite (!), Vulcan, Andorian?

How about a Targ handling ground kit?​​
    hmm... wouldn't that be something essentially identical to the Mastiff device, but in a kit slot?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    hmm... wouldn't that be something essentially identical to the Mastiff device, but in a kit slot?

Essentially. But Targ handling was something that Cryptic wanted to implement back in 2012 or even earlier. I'd imagine modul kits with a level so your pets can improve, maybe pets with different skillsets (like support and seeker drones, different specialities) and most importantly TARGS.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    I'm curious if there's going to be a rollup patch to the doffing issues?
    (Ongoing space sector border weirdness, not getting rarity bonuses in rewards, having the mission list refresh itself twice when you start a mission in some areas.)
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    Ask them if they have any plans to implement a language pack for Spanish (aka Castellano).
  • Options
    misterferengi#8959 misterferengi Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Can we have the New Orleans, Norway classes added to the game please and any other classes that were cannon ships. Even if they are only ship skin options for existing ships.
    Will PvE Elites ever be coming back ?.
    Will Romulan and KDF get some science ship love or better yet some Admiralty Science Card love.
    Tier 6 Sovereign,Nebula and Vor'cha ?
    Can we have the d'k tang ( http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/D'k_tahg ) added as a melee weapon for the KDF. Every KDF warrior in the shows and movies appeared to carry one.
  • Options
    mmps1mmps1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    Can you ask them how the lag solution is coming along and do they expect the omega event to exacerbate the issue like it did last year. It's been over a year of lag now, do they expect it to be resolved soon?

Thank you :)
    "Mr talks down to the peasants."
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    T6 D7/K'tinga...yes, no? Coke or Pepsi? What's the fastest land animal? Well...skip the last two questions.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    Will there ever be another Replay Event of Old Missions to make available the Specialty Items that are currently unavailable?
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    1) foundry: why was this abandoned? Even NW has virtually abandoned theirs.

2) mission rewards: why the disparity? Why Do I get 480(or is it 520 now?) dilithium from a 10 minute(or less) patrol, but only 192 from spending 10-15 mins replaying an episode in the mission journal? More details here.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    I have two unrelated questions.

1) Will we be seeing any new specializations soon? (Perhaps coming with the anniversary?)

2) Are there any plans to bring certain tactical powers (particularly Beam: Fire at Will) back in line with the performance of the others? Or at least getting them to acknowledge they its over-performing would be nice.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    spiritwalker1969spiritwalker1969 Member Posts: 406 Arc User
    Any plans for changes or expansions to Fleets in the future ? Perhaps make it easier for projects to be completed by smaller fleet by introducing items that can only be used for this purpose?
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    With all the non-combat pets available--and obtained--can we get a tab in the Inventory to hold non-combat pets both for ground and space instead of using either Inventory or Bank space, similar to what was done for the R&D materials?
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    When will we get Boff manual equivalents of the event kit modules?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    devilzaphandevilzaphan Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Will you be designing a new carrier sometime this year for the KDF/Rom faction or will it be like what you did for the fed with player choices?
    Romulan sexy time
    romulancommander1.jpg

• Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    My question:

Next playable Faction is...?
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    Any plans for paid development time for the Foundry? More specifically...to address the terrible UI interface blocking access to nearly 100,000 missions? THAT is a HUGE amount of 'strange new worlds' Cryptic could be promoting as exploration content for New Dawn - that have been made for FREE for their game. The cost-to-reward index doesn't get any higher than that.

See signature below.
  • Options
    winters83winters83 Member Posts: 486 Media Corps
    Thanks for all the replies people! :smile: I've added all of your questions to the list. We will try and get through as many of them as possible! :smile:​​
  • Options
    tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    1) It is scheduled for 2016 an expansion ?

2) We have heard from Geko , there will be no kdf science ships . It is sad but hopefully i can live with B'rel . For the Romulans revealed nothing . There is still hope that they could get a decent ( pls no Ha'nom T6 ) science vessel ? Tier 4 trait of terran reputation is ideal for building a sci / torp ship.

3) It is going a something that would encourage playing "dead queues" (f.e. better rewards for longer missions)

4) How continues reworking The Breach and Mine trap?
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Will we ever see a Risan Science Vessel to complete the Risan Summer Event Ship Set of the 3 "classic" ship types? Can it be a (Yellow) Science Vessel Submarine?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    bazagbazag Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    What is the best and worst part of engaging with the community like this? Also, what are you looking forward to most in 2016 (Doesn't have to be STO or Star Trek-related)?
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    tmassx wrote: »
    1) It is scheduled for 2016 an expansion ?

2) We have heard from Geko , there will be no kdf science ships . It is sad but hopefully i can live with B'rel . For the Romulans revealed nothing . There is still hope that they could get a decent ( pls no Ha'nom T6 ) science vessel ? Tier 4 trait of terran reputation is ideal for building a sci / torp ship.

3) It is going a something that would encourage playing "dead queues" (f.e. better rewards for longer missions)

4) How continues reworking The Breach and Mine trap?

I don't remember Geko ever saying there wouldn't be a KDF science ship. I remember him saying that the ship probably wouldn't come out until they were done making every Tier 6 ship they wanted to make before hand.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I like it when people post questions...then a few others answer those same questions. Don't they READ that these are for the PODCAST...some people just can't stay away from being opinionated onion-2.gif

As for me just one question:

Is there ANY plan to bring back PvP back to STO in the near future?

Just tired of DPS gaming and killing off NPCs...would be nice to get an enticement to duel/battle with "real players" who actually think. Perhaps...creating some sot of a PvP reputation similar to other MMOs (to bring more people around it).

Thanks​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif