test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Missions that *should* be dailies

I have a character that is max level, but hasn't played through the majority of the actual episode missions(he leveled just doing the star clusters a long time ago). Anyway, now I'm going through and doing the journal mission, and am currently on the Nimbus arc. IMO, this entire arc should be "daily" missions. Now, I realize you *can* play them every day if you want, but I mean with "daily" level rewards. As to the "why", because they are fun, open world type missions, and would give people a real(rewarding) reason to go back to Nimbus after you get max level(and not just to dance).

But this got me thinking, what other missions would you like to see made into some type of daily?

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg

Comments

• Options
    kavasekavase Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    How about something for the foundry?

Edit: To answer your question directly...none.
    Retired. I'm now in search for that perfect space anomaly.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    kavase wrote: »

The foundry has a really great *hourly* mission(Investigate Officer Reports), which you can do several times a day.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options

The foundry has a really great *hourly* mission(Investigate Officer Reports), which you can do several times a day.

Is that the same thing your referring to in your OP? I must have misunderstood what your were referring to.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    No Win Scenario.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    iconians wrote: »
    No Win Scenario.​​

I up your wager to....exploration. :)
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »
    No Win Scenario.

I up your wager to....exploration. :)

People in Starfleet get lost exploring. That's why Picard and Kirk spent most of their time on Earth Spacedock.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,026 Community Moderator
    Exploration as it used to be was a mess.

I mean... ground missions were always "scan 5 things" or "shoot 5 groups", and there was a chance a group would spawn underground making it impossible to complete. And then there's the ever popular "Third Borg Dynasty" that came up every once in a while. :p

We do need something Exploration, but not like the old system. It honestly got stale after a while.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Exploration as it used to be was a mess.

I mean... ground missions were always "scan 5 things" or "shoot 5 groups", and there was a chance a group would spawn underground making it impossible to complete. And then there's the ever popular "Third Borg Dynasty" that came up every once in a while. :p

We do need something Exploration, but not like the old system. It honestly got stale after a while.

It may have gotten stale for you, but I liked it. It was relaxing that it was always more or less the same; I knew what to expect. And I never had a group spawn underground :)

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,026 Community Moderator
    There were a few times that happened to me, and I actually looked forward to ground ones.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    The clusters had some really neat ground maps. But yeah, the stories associated were boring as heck.

As for the actual objectives... some were literally "scan 5 rocks"(Decalithium prospecting), some were variations where (plotwise) you were fixing the objects you interacted with. One of the fed versions had you fixing an antiquated alien ADA system. There was a fun KDF version where you went around and SHOT the crates you found rather than interacting with them.

As for things that SHOULD be dailies... the old Alpha and Beta Quadrant patrol missions. You CAN'T replay them at all. :/
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Yeah, I would love an exploration system. But what I meant in the OP was what missions that are actually in game would you like to see be made into dailies. Like the patrol mission mark just mentioned.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Honestly i think something like a daily or weekly story-arc rerun would be interesting to implement, that might give access to vanity prizes or even gear an materials you can get thru completing it. Though i could also see it giving you access to missions that expand on areas of content that was left behind, such as the cooperative, what happened with the Undine, could even be limited time arcs that are only active for a certain time period that delve into these areas.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I liked the star cluster missions, I know they were pretty forgettable, but they were a nice occasional mindless romp.
    Not something I did every day, but two or three times a week.
    They were also a great way to test new ground setups without possibly TRIBBLE up somebodies PUG.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    1) I hate Nimbuss every time I make a new alt... if it wasnt for the distress call...
    2)Nothing should be a "daily" its a terrible artificial mmo gimmick that should have died before 2010
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,325 Arc User
    Cutting the cord is a nice mission. Wish that some of the romulan exclusive episodes were made available to all.
    (also aiming for a way to obtain the overcharged plasma sniper rifle on my romulan characters)
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Until I read your post, I hadn't thought about Nimbus III that way, OP. When I did think about it I said, 'Brilliant!' I concur wholeheartedly with your opiniion on the NImbus II missions being made into dailies.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    The one mission that really comes to mind what exploration should be like is the mission in the Romulan Faction where you explore Dewa 3. Yeah, you were running around the planet scanning items and shooting mobs but, you were actually scanning items and observing the wildlife... not glowing effects floating in the air.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Story Mission Daily ?

*Play X (Random selection) mission.

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    One of the great things in this game, is that you can replay almost all content. In some cases you have to, to get a set of rewards, but further I see no real point of having daily missions. It is far from a perfect concept. It is there in most cases to let you have a daily reward, which in turn becomes in most cases something mandatory.

In a good game there should be more ways of doing things and non of them should be mandatory. The more my gameplay is 'dictated' the more it wears me out and the less I like it.
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    I have a character that is max level, but hasn't played through the majority of the actual episode missions(he leveled just doing the star clusters a long time ago). Anyway, now I'm going through and doing the journal mission, and am currently on the Nimbus arc. IMO, this entire arc should be "daily" missions. Now, I realize you *can* play them every day if you want, but I mean with "daily" level rewards. As to the "why", because they are fun, open world type missions, and would give people a real(rewarding) reason to go back to Nimbus after you get max level(and not just to dance).

But this got me thinking, what other missions would you like to see made into some type of daily?

agree, Nimbus is really a fun place. Add daily missions to the existing ones (missions got with the yridian dude) would be very interesting
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    Nimbus already has a daily associated with it...

Back of the bar, guy can hand you a "do this for dilithium" daily. Usually running out back near the "required" pylons, activating them, and blasting enough baddies in a time-limited window...

Though I'd recommend taking some of the "culled" missions, generic-ifying them, and planting them in as dailies.
    For example, take that old Fed Rom-arc mission where we romped through the base at the request of the Undine. Pull those plot points, give us a generic reason (Stomping Tal'Shiar Borg Scientists maybe), and blammo, instant daily.
    Or "save the tribbles from the ebul Klingons who think it's their job to eradicate them all" - KDF version has you sending the tribbles to a penal colony...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited January 2016

The old Patrol missions.

Reword a few of them, so that they'll fit the new political background and make them playable for the KDF.

We recieved repeatable patrol missions during the New Romulan arc that reward Romulan Marks on a daily basis, we have the Delta Patrol missions for Delta marks, so I don't see a reason why not to reactivate the rest of the Alpha/Beta quadrant dailies for fleet marks or perhaps a choice of some of the older ones (e.g. Borg, Tholian) for example. Maybe they could reward "fleet dilithium" (the one that Delta recruits recieved) instead of normal Dilithium once a day to help fleets cope with those huge sinks.

It's always sad to see that there is such an abundance of small missions, which do make the whole map feel more alive and which just disappear after one run and aren't available for KDF.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    If you like a mission, the last thing you should want is for it to be a daily. Nothing turns a fun interesting mission into a boring grind like repeating it every day.

However, I would enjoy a daily mission that would direct you to (re)play randomly selected episode mission for extra reward.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Only thing qualifying for this is some kind of random or semi-randomly generated mission or set of missions. Nothing that is in-game offers enough replayability that I'd like to repeat it daily.

Defend the empire is okay for a daily, the Deferi missios, Red Alerts and the STFs you can cycle, those work well because they are rather short and fun enough. Exploration cluster missions were the same, the daily in there was nice as well. But the story missions are a pain every time I am more or less forced to play them (a new char, getting some reward set like the quantum phase). STOs storyline isn't really attractive to play more than once.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    To the Front Lines/Claiming Enemy Emergency Reserves.

Make them true DAILY missions, not "daily" in a random rotation with two PvP queues that nobody plays.

• Options
    themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    I agree with Nimbus III. It's a good looking zone IMO and could be a nice little social zone if there were more facilities.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    it all depends on how many characters you have and how much time you have to play, often lately I hardly have time to set up admiralty and doff missions let alone doing daily missions on top of that.
    if I did have a little extra time I would probably do the academy lore missions, there are two missions in one place that collectively pay out well in dilithium, xp and spec xp plus the Datachips can sometime sell for a middling to good price on the exchange.
    if I have plenty of time to play I would rather play one of the outstanding story missions I have yet to play on some of my characters.

I don't think I would be inclined to do anything in one of the story arcs I have played through unless there was an event that rewarded lobi maybe.

also this year looks like its going to be extra full with all the events that we are likely to have I may even have to skip admiralty and doff in favour of collecting event tokens and such.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    Now that I'm nearly through all the storyline content on all 6 alts, I've found that patrols can still be done at will in most systems in all 3 quadrants. Granted, many of them are story patrols, especially in the Delta quadrant, but most are unrelated, and appear (to me, at least) to be perfectly playable content. The rewards are not great, but the work required to gain them is nowhere near as onerous as the DR stuff.

As far as dailies go, there are now multiple "adventure zones" that allow daily runs, but these get pretty boring if you play them too often. Until Cryptic can devise missions that use a RNG to change the mission variables, every mission in STO will just be a repeat, and we're left once again to our own devices to figure out a way to keep the game entertaining... :*
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    The Breach?

Anyone?

I loved that mission
    6tviTDx.png