test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[VIDEO] Star Trek Online - Divine Retribution (Sheshar) Tanking an ISA PUG

sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geBrieM7nys

I normally build my high DPS cruisers as off-tanks; recently though, with so many people running pure aggro tanks, it's been breaking my off-tanking builds.

So I got my Sheshar (intel) out of moth balls and rebuilt it as a full aggro tank.

Thanks to Zerg from the Aggronauts (STO Tanking Community) for his build advice.

Stats:
SCM - Infected [LR] (S) - ATKS In: 1,015 ATPS: 4.03 (77.8% of Team) - Jena@sarcasmdetector
SCM - Infected [LR] (S) - HITS In: 776 HTPS: 3.08 (77.4% of Team) - Jena@sarcasmdetector
SCM - Infected [LR] (S) - DMG In: 846,233 TPS: 3,360.74 (71.0% of Team) - Jena@sarcasmdetector
SCM - Infected [LR] (S) - [04:11] DMG(DPS) - Jena@sarcasmdetector: 18.58M(77.79K)

HPS: 3756
TPS: 3361
Post edited by sarcasmdetector on

Comments

• sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
  • tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    3 things as a Fed engineer looking to retool for a similar role:

1.) Was this a romulan, and if so, how much of the HPS was from the Absorptive Frequency Generator?
    2.) Provided that I may never obtain the Sheshar but have the Arbiter, Benthan, Quas, Astika, and Rezreth, which would make the second best tank platform?
    3.) What were the ship traits used? (And possibly the rest of the build, to see how to adapt to another ship)

• samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    The Rezreth would make a good tank but I think the Quas tops the list, I certainly love mine!

1.3 shield mod
    Turn rate of 8
    Tons hull
    Versatile bridge officer layout

I'd say it's one of the best options outside the command cruisers but I am by no means a tanking expert.

Fun side note on my fed tactical character, the only one I even have, I had almost 100k hull in my Quas without even trying!

I played advanced content and it almost never dropped below 90% hull and I wasn't even running armor consoles. Lol
  • sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    tobiashirt wrote: »

1.) Was this a romulan, and if so, how much of the HPS was from the Absorptive Frequency Generator?
    2.) Provided that I may never obtain the Sheshar but have the Arbiter, Benthan, Quas, Astika, and Rezreth, which would make the second best tank platform?
    3.) What were the ship traits used? (And possibly the rest of the build, to see how to adapt to another ship)

1. It's my Fed Tac. Also the Valdore only works on Warbirds.
    2. Probably the Rezreth; but for this question i'll defer to the expert: Paging @jarvisandalfred
    3. I'm planning on porting this build to my Rezreth, stay tuned for that video review soon(TM).
  • jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    tobiashirt wrote: »

1. It's my Fed Tac. Also the Valdore only works on Warbirds.
    2. Probably the Rezreth; but for this question i'll defer to the expert: Paging @jarvisandalfred
    3. I'm planning on porting this build to my Rezreth, stay tuned for that video review soon(TM).

Rezreth or Quas are my top two choices out of that list; they're both very powerful but different enough that it's a matter of how you want to flavor it. Quas hits harder, Rezreth has more utility. That said, I'd prefer a Sheshar to either; I realize it's not an option listed there, but this thread is about a Sheshar, so it's worth throwing that in.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    Sounds good...wasn't aware about the valdore's usefulness only on warbirds, but glad to know that my instincts about which of the other 2 were on the money. Rezreth stood out for me due to the weapons efficiency cruiser command and the fact that aside from the intel spec, its boff layout could be made to match the Sheshar (Com/ens eng, ltcom/lt tac, /ltcom sci). Quas also stood out due to the high shield mod, but depending on what is done with it's universals, it would only have commmander engineering.

-_- I spent all yesterday going over builds in my head and seeing why the Sheshar edged out the others ever so slightly in every respect...Also, thoughts on the Quas's trait in such a build, due to engineers having 2 extra abilities to trigger it?

Jarvis, given OSS and the ability to hit harder, might the quas be the better choice to draw threat as the career without gdf/apa, or should I be able to draw enough otherwise?

Lastly, OP, were you using the Delta Prime trait? I saw doffed APD, and that trait seems good for a tank to ensure a sufficient level of damage.
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    a good choice of soundtrack! :)