test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tachyon beam activation.

mmps1mmps1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
Hi there,

I've noticed an issue with tachyon beams, all levels. Not sure if this has been reported elsewhere, aplogies if it has.

Tachyon beam can become locked out on the trays and will not activate during combat. The icon box becomes whited out after a few activations and cannot be reactivated until the map is exited. I tried, in a lull on UAA runs selecting different tiers of tachyon and re-slotting onto the tray. Still the ability was locked out until I exited the map.

I use tachyon beam most on my tank toon with the Geneva trait. This bug happens in more than half the runs I do so appears random.

Thanks.
"Mr talks down to the peasants."

Comments

• tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    Does this still happen if you remove the Geneva trait by any chance?
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • mmps1mmps1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Yeah it happens on kdf and rom toons too where I don't have that trait and it happened before I got the Geneva for my fed toons.
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    Don't want to sound condescending but, just to be sure and rule it out... you are aware Tachyon Beam has a 135' arc of fire yes?
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • mmps1mmps1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    No worries mate, best to rule out the simple possibilitles first. Yeah, it won't activate when facing and in its firing arc.

Mostly I ignored it before cause it wasn't that big a deal on builds when it was just there to proc greedy emmiters. Kind of a big deal in the tank toon as it's a big part of the hps for that build and the only shield heal I'm running in a Geneva.