test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Free roam?

Is there a way to manually exit sector space so that I can satisfy my curiosity to conduct system and planetary surveys? Does everything I do require me to serve whatever allegiance I may have?

Comments

• Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    short answer: no and yes.

long answer: this is not a sim game. if thats want you are gonna have look else where. you can fly to most systems for patrols or foundry fan made missions. but most of those are go here kill this or scan this.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    solitair#4236 solitair Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I thought that was what this game was, but nevertheless, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. So if I'm interested in operating a science vessel, are there science mission agents to give me more planetary survey missions like the search for New Romulus?
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I thought that was what this game was, but nevertheless, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. So if I'm interested in operating a science vessel, are there science mission agents to give me more planetary survey missions like the search for New Romulus?

no, on the ground you can do romulan rep stuff and some of the story is technically part of a science mission but you pretty much your factions go to guy for fighting bad guy of the week. science is pretty much an excuse to use totally not magic to fight bad guy. though if you mostly stick to new romulus and the story you can try to play scientist, but that really is limited.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.