test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Admiralty ship quality ramping?

yohan#3393 yohan Member Posts: 24 Arc User
edited January 2016 in The Academy
Does ship equipment have any bearing on ship quality in Admiralty. Do i need to retro fit my past ships with better equipment to satisfy better load up numbers for Admiralty tasks? Also, should I be saving my common/ uncommon Boff's for this purpose? Can they be assigned to older ships or are they just limited to your current roster no matter what? I see these Boff's being fitted for task during career and think it is a shame to let them go instead of re-assigning them to a 2nd/ 3rd line ship. Any takers?

Comments

• Options
    theillusivenmantheillusivenman Member Posts: 438 Arc User
    No. Admiralty cards are always the same for a given ship - even if you upgraded it from T5 to T5U, the card would still be the same. Only upgrading to Fleet version gives you another card.
    5980291nyfcc.png
    "Reality is a thing of the past."
    Proud supporter of equality for all human beings.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    No
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    That's the answer i was expecting. Thanks ppl! It also tells me that I can kit bash these older ships for specific load outs on my current ships without hurting admiralty. good news anyway, much appreciated.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    No. Admiralty cards are always the same for a given ship - even if you upgraded it from T5 to T5U, the card would still be the same. Only upgrading to Fleet version gives you another card.
    Also, while Fleet cards have better stats they typically have a different ability.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    [/quote]Also, while Fleet cards have better stats they typically have a different ability.[/quote]

So, naturally the Fleet cards have the advantage? I can accept that too. Thx!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Working on my quoting skills too I guess
  • Options
    yohan#3393 wrote: »
    Also, while Fleet cards have better stats they typically have a different ability.
    So, naturally the Fleet cards have the advantage? I can accept that too. Thx!
    It's not necessarily a BETTER ability...

Example:
    regular Mogh is +10 Sci per SciShip
    Fleet Mogh is +10 Sci per TacShip

The actual ability doesn't have better numbers, just different stats.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    So, counting your admiralty points can change from class to class based on fleet for a particular ship. This game is so convoluted in its tech. Just the education and research alone is a challenge. What a fun and interesting game...so hooked!!
  • Options
    That's just one example I had on hand. It's also good to remember that you can have both cards.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing