test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Would like to come back to STO, but...

timalcosertimalcoser Member Posts: 16 Arc User
...I would like to start over. I have been gone from actively playing STO for about two years now. I have forgotten a lot of the game play and storyline. To remedy this, I want to start from the beginning. Kinda. I would like to keep my officers.

Is there any possible way to either:
A: Reset my current Captain and crew all the way back to the story beginning at level 1...but keep my crew?
B: Save the data files of my junior officers so that I can transfer them or recreate them quickly and easily.

I may have forgotten a lot of the story, but I have not forgotten my original group of officers that I have explored and saved the galaxy with. It would be like watching Star Trek: TNG all over again with just Picard, but not Data, R2-D2, and the rest of the gang. I am thinking there is no way to do this, but I wanted to check first. It is kinda an absolute requirement to get me back. I hope ARC has a way.

P.S.: Just kidding about R2-D2...
To Infinity be with you and beyond!

Comments

• giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    Ya, like ruin said you can just go back and play all the missions with your current character. If you really want to start over, maybe as another profession to see how you like it, you could always go to the tailor on your current character, then go to each of your boffs and press "save outfit" or something like that. Then when you make a new character you can just load your boffs appearances to the new boffs you get. You should know that it'll only be appearance. Passive abilities will still be random, and powers you will need to add yourself.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • captainchaos66captainchaos66 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    I would suggest starting the missions over with the same character. Although the badguys will match your current level it will be a lot less of a headache in the long run. Many of the missions have changed and/or been updated in the last two years. I myself am actually going to take a level 60 that im bored with and start the missions all over again. Some of the lower tier missions are actually quite fun.

The headache of starting a toon all over again is caused by many things: No Dilithium, inability to Doff until level 11 or 12, having to redo any completed reputations, the lower level ships kinda,, well,,, suck IMO. Again if you like your crew the way it is and have at least SOME resources to work with the best option would just be to run the story from the beginning.

Welcome back to STO,, should you so choose to accept the challenge!
    Fleet Admiral In charge of Bacon
    Fighting 5th Attack Squadron
    The Devils Henchman
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,620 Arc User
    Creating a second character in either a different specialty or a new faction can be fun. Have you played the Klingon and Romulan level-up stories before? You could park this captain on Risa for awhile and start some new adventures with a new captain and crew.
  • timalcosertimalcoser Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I realize how weird and un-logical it must sound to want to start over, but I don't mind in the slightest. It really would be like playing a game for the first time all over again, and I'll have the free time in January. It really is too bad you can't just "mail" your junior officers over to another character, heh.

One thing I did forget about was The Foundry. Playing the game for "rewards" and "Dilithium" and the like really wasn't what hooked me about STO. It was the storyline.
    To Infinity be with you and beyond!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    Well the perfect way to do that is to make a second char and play through on the new guy.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • delliboydelliboy Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    If your crafting is high on your old toon craft some good fear for your new toon. I been back since March and I already have three level 60 toons about to get my fourth I hope this week, my KDF Engineer is level 59
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    timalcoser wrote: »
    A: Reset my current Captain and crew all the way back to the story beginning at level 1...but keep my crew?
    No. You can't reset characters. If you want to start from level 1 you have to create a new one.
    B: Save the data files of my junior officers so that I can transfer them or recreate them quickly and easily.
    Yes. Save a bridge officer's appearance in the tailor, switch to your new character and load the file on a new boff of the same species and gender. Then just give it the same name and you have identical copy.
    timalcoser wrote: »
    It really is too bad you can't just "mail" your junior officers over to another character, heh.
    Perhaps. But you can easily make copies in the tailor so it isn't a big deal. One of my boffs I've copied for 3 toons and they're not even the same faction.

You can mail uncommissioned boff candidates and duty officers, though. Except the "bound to character" ones obviously.