test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CAN'T GET SHIPS FOR 2015 WINTER EVENT! PLEASE HELP!

rabiddjwolverabiddjwolve Member Posts: 32 Arc User
HELP HELP!

I don't know what to do, I got the ship on only one char. and when I went to do them on my others IT WILL NOT LET ME!!! It just keeps giving me marks instead.

Every other event I could get one to get the 1,000 required then just do 40 on the other 2. But this time after I got it on my Romulan Char. I can't get it on my Starfleet or Klingon at all! It just wants to give me flipping Marks!

What do I do I need help ASAP please!
I don't want to think I wasted all my time when there was a new rule or some thing!

Comments

• Options
    Ok I have 3 screen shots, Kerina (romulan) is the only one with active ablility to do anything more, that is the one and ONLY one that got the new ship. The other 2 Starfleet and klingon do not have ANY thing active let alone an ability to get a ship. PLEASE HELP!

I can't seem to get the screen shots to post here but I have them ready if needed.
  • Options
    yohan#3393 yohan Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    I'm having a similar issue. My first Fed char did receive the Breen Dreadnought and my second Fed char is at 52% contributed Winter Prize Vouchers. Now my second char just finished the race again and went to contribute the next 40 vouchers and it wont take them and wont give a reason... I've checked the promotion and don't see anywhere where there would be only one BRDC per account. Even if so, why would the Breen Project let me contribute 52% and then just stop me from continuing?
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    I don't suppose anyone here has checked the reclaim store in the event reputations store tab have they? I'm still three days off the ship or I'd look myself.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    Also a new issue, I can sell back "extra" promotion points for Marks ONLY on the Romulan one, I can't on either of the 2 that haven't revived the ship, so they are sitting on 960 promotion.........doing NOTHING.....
  • Options
    I don't suppose anyone here has checked the reclaim store in the event reputations store tab have they? I'm still three days off the ship or I'd look myself.

DUDE! you are awesome!!! yes that is what happened, I didn't know they added that section before THANK YOU for taking the time to read the posts and submit a comment. You sir are awesome and I thank you again!
  • Options

DUDE! you are awesome!!! yes that is what happened, I didn't know they added that section before THANK YOU for taking the time to read the posts and submit a comment. You sir are awesome and I thank you again!

No problem, I only found out about that store a few weeks ago myself so you're not the only one :)
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    Would be nice if they did like Videos about updates, or if the do let people know, I don't have time for there like live broadcasts and I can never find them later.......
  • Options

Well there you go. Silly little box just sitting there waiting to be picked up. That's twice you helped me today. Thanks again!
  • Options
    Still can't turn in Promotion points for Marks on the other 2 though so there is still that glitch
  • Options
    Still can't turn in Promotion points for Marks on the other 2 though so there is still that glitch

Don't suppose you can get a screenshot of that?
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    tinypic.com/r/5wkntg/9Screen shot showing Breen box in Inventory, Winter Event contribution screen, (40) winter prize vouchers not able to add and no reclaim/ or conversion of vouchers. I'm obviously missing something.
  • Options
    yohan#3393 wrote: »
    tinypic.com/r/5wkntg/9Screen shot showing Breen box in Inventory, Winter Event contribution screen, (40) winter prize vouchers not able to add and no reclaim/ or conversion of vouchers. I'm obviously missing something.

Uh, you seem to still have the project for the ship running even though you now have the ship.
  • Options
    edited December 2015

Uh, you seem to still have the project for the ship running even though you now have the ship.

Yeah, funky isn't it. First char won it, First char is flying it, second char pulled it off the reclaim, second char is still running project but won't take anymore vouchers. I believe at the end of the Event those vouchers are redeemed somehow but just not clear. I though from the beginning all chars would have to run for this...guess not.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Yeah, funky isn't it. First char won it, First char is flying it, second char pulled it off the reclaim, second char is still running project but won't take anymore vouchers. I believe at the end of the Event those vouchers are redeemed somehow but just not clear.

No you just didn't need to run it on the second char, only one character needs to run it to get the reward for all of them. I think you'll find that cancelling the project will open up another project to slot the excess tokens into.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Yeah, funky isn't it. First char won it, First char is flying it, second char pulled it off the reclaim, second char is still running project but won't take anymore vouchers. I believe at the end of the Event those vouchers are redeemed somehow but just not clear.

No you just didn't need to run it on the second char, only one character needs to run it to get the reward for all of them. I think you'll find that cancelling the project will open up another project to slot the excess tokens into.

tinypic.com/r/2z7g4zb/9
    Nope. Already did that once. 40 vouchers were gone with the wind. This is what they tell you and it isn't kidding. My guess is it's history and small loss in the grand scheme of things. Chalk it up to a lesson.
  • Options

tinypic.com/r/2z7g4zb/9
    Nope. Already did that once. 40 vouchers were gone with the wind. This is what they tell you and it isn't kidding. My guess is it's history and small loss in the grand scheme of things. Chalk it up to a lesson.

I'm afraid so, unfortunately that's just how it is with slotting projects by accident like that :/
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    The problem was solved for the initial poster, however I thought I would still post this for others as it may be helpful. (this is what I accidentally posted in the wrong section before, slightly edited, and updated)

Did you successfully right click on the ship box after completing the project on your 1st char?

While the project completes and you take the reward, you automatically get the ship box on that char. Yet, that same 1st char has to be 40+ for OPENING the box. After opening on that char, you may go to other chars on the same account and try: u -> reputation tab (event) -> store -> account reclaim

The ship should be there then if not claimed yet for the character. (you may check inventory / bank in case you claimed it in the past)

Just in case, verify no inventory/overflow bag/slot availability issues (when opening boxes) as applicable.
    Other characters bellow 40 should be able claim the box and will be able to open it (later) when those approach 40.

I was told it's not even needed to open winter store for the other chars, but just in case you may try it if not done yet by Q (this is done when you opened your ship project initially on welcome to winterland quest) for chars at level 5+/sided romulan faction chars.

Don't get rid of valuable things such as consoles or ships unless you are sure you can reclaim those or otherwise really mean it. Update: I was told this ship SHOULD be reclaimable if discharged, but bugs could always occur

P.S.
    I've sadly encountered the misleading project too, and sadly after completing the project on one character one is still being able to donate for the non needed ship cause. Maybe it's best to cancel this project AFTER it completes on one char successfully, to avoid accidental donation to it. Note that you can donate vouchers for getting marks (40 voucher daily) either way by another project, and that this 40 vouchers for marks' project is only available after the ship project was already completed on any char on the account, and that after the event it's all deleted anyway (project and this years' vouchers) and project is available only daily, so the loss is lesser than you think. Every new 20h give you an option of fresh 40 vouchers/marks anyway. (so beside 1st time after completion for which you may have had already the vouchers for, if not donated yet, it doesn't matter beside having to run again, unless e.g. you already donated this days' vouchers after this days' run and not having others.)

Still as one who accidentally misclicked to donate ~480 vouchers there at once on one char after the project was complete on other char... I think it should behave otherwise by default. Not making this error could have saved me 12 runs on that char.
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on