test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Zen purchase using steam wallet not working?

I'm trying to purchase some Zen in game using my steam wallet which always works, except now when I got to buy zen, it's opening my browser and bringing me to the Arc zen page. I refuse to buy Zen from Arc directly because payments get botched. Was this function removed? is it down? why am i being redirected to arc? I could always use steam to buy zen.
7aamriW.png

Comments

• minmacdougalminmacdougal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I'm getting the same exact thing here too. What the deuce?

{Update 3:00pm EST] Still no changes. Made a ticket through Support. Reference #151226-000734
    Post edited by minmacdougal on
  • m13xaragonm13xaragon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Steam Wallet is the issue, it is not working properly. My guess is that Steam has blocked off access to purchases through Steam accounts due to the fact that random Steam accounts are being brought up instead of your personal accounts. So Arc (probably to compensate) brings up its own payment processing screen. I made this suggestion on a Steam forum; take a screenshot of your account balance and save it to your HDD to cover your self in case of unauthorized spending/access so you have proof of your balance in case it does go missing. Also, if you can avoid using the Steam store for any transaction (at least till the issue is fixed), dont go near it for now.
  • m13xaragonm13xaragon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    In regards to the specials that Arc/STO has going on; can an Admin please let us know if we would get an extension on the specials at least till Steam fixes their glitches? I use my Steam Wallet exclusively for in-game purchases with no exceptions.
  • minmacdougalminmacdougal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    m13xaragon wrote: »
    Steam Wallet is the issue, it is not working properly. My guess is that Steam has blocked off access to purchases through Steam accounts due to the fact that random Steam accounts are being brought up instead of your personal accounts. So Arc (probably to compensate) brings up its own payment processing screen. I made this suggestion on a Steam forum; take a screenshot of your account balance and save it to your HDD to cover your self in case of unauthorized spending/access so you have proof of your balance in case it does go missing. Also, if you can avoid using the Steam store for any transaction (at least till the issue is fixed), dont go near it for now.

It was reportedly fixed yesterday evening... unless you have a source of news stating otherwise.
  • abematrix77abematrix77 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    As of today {21:00 est 26th december} nothing is fixed it still redirects you, I would be great if an admin could give us a little insight on when we can see it comeback
  • ozzybaxterozzybaxter Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I too make only Steam Wallet payments. This has never happened before. Nothing seems to be wrong with Steam Wallet, so I am assuming this is an Arc/Cryptic issue. Any suggestions or should I just save my money this time?
  • wesstanwesstan Member Posts: 405 Arc User
    Same here. It is probably related to the latest Steam issues but i hope this wont be a permanent thing.
    Wesstan.png
  • globalplayer#2165 globalplayer Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    the same problem here, when clicking on buy zen, i am redirected to arc site, where i am registered.
    But there is another problem, when i try to buy zen trough arc, it type me that i need to finish tutorial first... support from arc replied : As for your Arcgames billing page concern, the reason why you may not see Star Trek Online on the games selection box is because, you either have no character yet in-game and you may have not finished your tutorial missions yet.

i only have 4 chars level 60...
  • vocsilvervocsilver Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Dito just logged in and saw the promotion for a zen discount but i can not use my steam wallet.
    And i use that to purchase anything online basically.

Any news on a fix?
  • technotron24technotron24 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm having the same issue as well and I wanted just to add some zen but no, it also sends me to the website...
  • gabeoz1gabeoz1 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    I hope Zen purchases through Steam come back online soon. I'd really hate to miss the chance for this sale.
  • marcel314marcel314 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    Same problem...
  • gledrirangledriran Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hope it's fixed soon, I'm having the same problem.
  • powfirepowfire Member Posts: 1 New User
    Has there been anyone from ARC or Steam address the issue about tring to resolve the problem????????
  • vocsilvervocsilver Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Now you can use your wallet but them damm game/steam won't parse the buy order
  • trailturtletrailturtle Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58
    It should all be fixed now. After Steam had their issues on Christmas day, they made some tech changes; those tech changes caused Steam Wallet -> Cryptic Steam games billing flow not to trigger, instead opening billing into an external window; this morning we fixed it, then there were about two hours where it would hang after selecting a price point instead of going through with the transaction.

It should all be good now, though. Is anyone still encountering issues with Cryptic Steam billing?
  • gabeoz1gabeoz1 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    @trailturtle not exactly, but I didnt get the proper amount of zen that was advertised in the blog post.
  • ozzybaxterozzybaxter Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    It should all be fixed now. After Steam had their issues on Christmas day, they made some tech changes; those tech changes caused Steam Wallet -> Cryptic Steam games billing flow not to trigger, instead opening billing into an external window; this morning we fixed it, then there were about two hours where it would hang after selecting a price point instead of going through with the transaction.

It should all be good now, though. Is anyone still encountering issues with Cryptic Steam billing?

Thank you very much for the reply. I will try again and see if it is working correctly :)

• marcel314marcel314 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    Thanks, now i can buy zen thought steam, but now there is a second problem.

Everything which i buy will be bound and i'm worried that i will miss the key sale now...