test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Highest "Bonus Damage" items

What are the highest "Bonus Damage" items?

When the description text says "bonus" damage, it calculates the damage after boosts to give an actual increase to total damage, as compared to tact consoles that increases only base damage where 30% is more like a 7% total damage increase. APO behaves like bonus damage.

The highest damage items I've seen that explicitly says "bonus" damage are
+30% Potentiality trait on Krenim Imperium ship (+3% per sec for 10 sec while in combat, max 10 stacks)
The drawback here is that activating any boff skill prevents gaining stack for 10 sec. But if all the boff skills are activated at the global cooldown time of FAW of 20 sec, the average bonus damage i think would be +15% (average of 1% to 30%).

+20% Anchor trait (+5% while anchored for max 4 stacks).
When i first saw this, i was thinking is this for real? Because that amount of bonus damage is a lot higher than what other space traits give. When looking at the weapon tool tip, it actually did give that much damage increase to weapons. Good for people who like to sit and shoot rather than fly at max speed. The stacks remain at one engine power so there is no problem turning. The drawback is -20 resist but resist is so easy to get.

+10% Antiproton damage from Ancient Obelisk set

Are there other items that give +10% or higher bonus damage, or items that don't explicitly say "bonus" damage but has the same effect of increasing total damage?

Comments

• lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    The 2pc bonus from the Counter-Command ordnance set give +7.5% bonus phaser or disruptive damage. That works out just under the equivalent of what a spire tac console (non-upgraded) would give after calculations.
    SulMatuul.png
  • kontarnuskontarnus Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    You mean aside from tactical consoles, I suppose.
    -Improved Pedal to the metal (Pilot starship trait) -- +2% all dmg, max 10 stacks, while at full throttle (not full impulse).
    -The three piece Aegis set gives 'Energy Feedback conductor' -- +2% dmg/sec, if hit, for up to 10 secs.
    -The Nukara Rep trait, Auxiliary power configuration-offense, gives +all dmg% based on Aux power level, up to around 6% max, I think.
    -The Tactical captain ability 'Go down fighting' gives +all dmg% for 60 secs based on how much hull strength you've lost, also all dmg resistance.
    -The Tactical captain ability 'Attack pattern Alpha', scales with Attack patterns skill, at lvl60 max +49.6% all dmg for 30sec.
    -The Tactical captain ability 'Tactical Fleet', at lvl60, max +37.4% all dmg for 30sec.
    -The Krenim Temporal Manipulation 3-piece set has a 2-piece +13% Tetryon dmg bonus.
    -The Eng boff ability: Emergency power to Weapons. EPW1 +10% all energy dmg, for 30 sec. EPW2 +13.3%, EPW3 +16.6%.

Indirectly, don't forget about items that boost subsystem power, items that increase power transfer rate... those will increase avg dmg output.

Edit: Also, Intelligence Fleet II -- +15% shield and armor penetration for 30 sec.
    Post edited by kontarnus on
    "Intelligence is finite, stupidity is infinite" -- Umberto Eco
  • gedged2gedged2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Thanks I didn't realize there was a +13% Tetryon dmg bonus set. I guess Tetryon is considered weaker so they give the set a higher bonus than disruptor.
    Pedal to the metal +20% sounds good but is opposite of my flying style, may need to try that.
    The boff and captain abilities I was already using.
    Looks like the Aegis set activates for only 10 sec. with long cooldown.

How do the items that increase power transfer rate increase damage? I guess it makes the weapon power recover faster if it drops below 125. If weapon power is always maxed at 125, do EPS still increase damage?

• eclipsoreclipsor Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    gedged2 wrote: »
    How do the items that increase power transfer rate increase damage? I guess it makes the weapon power recover faster if it drops below 125. If weapon power is always maxed at 125, do EPS still increase damage?

Sort of - it helps to draw power from so called 'overcap' in higher amounts per tick, but you first must create that overcap to draw that refilling power from. For example hitting EPTW with arleady 125 current weapon power will create overcap. Plasmonic leech generates overcap almost constantly.

Another few things for the list:
    - Polymorphic probe array, +25% antiproton damage (Lockbox/Exchange) along active ability,
    - Sustained radiant field console, +10% all weapon damage (Iconian rep) plus some boost to hull and shield heals,
    - Battery: Energy amplifier, +20% all energy damage (RND: Beams school).
  • lamyrslamyrs Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    kontarnus wrote: »
    -The three piece Aegis set gives 'Energy Feedback conductor' -- +2% dmg/sec, if hit, for up to 10 secs.

This is an activable ability not a passive one.
    I am from Belgium and english isn't my main language, sorry if I make mistakes.
  • svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    The Jem'Hadar engines give a +5% weapon power, and the 2 pcs sset is a +8.1% to polaron(@MK 11).

At Mk12 it's +13.1% to polaron.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
    That link is exactly what I needed! :smiley:
    The bonus damage I was looking for is in Category 2.

The +13.1% to polaron is in Category 1, so it doesn't give a full +13% damage increase (when looking at weapon tooltip).
    The Category 2 has fewer items so it comes closer to the stated %, although it looks like they are adding to Category 2 and will gradually drop in effect as they add more for people to use in that Category.
    e30ernest wrote: »

I should clarify for people who hasn't seen it, when looking at weapon tooltip is when ship is in orbit, and hovering mouse over the weapon on the HUD display. That shows the final total damage with all the bonuses added. Other places like inventory doesn't show all the bonuses added.
    gedged2 wrote: »
    That link is exactly what I needed! :smiley:
    The bonus damage I was looking for is in Category 2.

The +13.1% to polaron is in Category 1, so it doesn't give a full +13% damage increase (when looking at weapon tooltip).
    The Category 2 has fewer items so it comes closer to the stated %, although it looks like they are adding to Category 2 and will gradually drop in effect as they add more for people to use in that Category.
    e30ernest wrote: »

I just got the Krenim Temporal Manipulation 2-piece +13% Tetryon dmg (console plus Omni beam).
    It only increased damage by a measly +3%. Waste of time. It has to be Category 1 and not Category 2 damage.
    False advertising everywhere.

kontarnus wrote: »
    You mean aside from tactical consoles, I suppose.
    -Improved Pedal to the metal (Pilot starship trait) -- +2% all dmg, max 10 stacks, while at full throttle (not full impulse).
    -The Nukara Rep trait, Auxiliary power configuration-offense, gives +all dmg% based on Aux power level, up to around 6% max, I think.
    -The Tactical captain ability 'Go down fighting' gives +all dmg% for 60 secs based on how much hull strength you've lost, also all dmg resistance.
    -The Tactical captain ability 'Attack pattern Alpha', scales with Attack patterns skill, at lvl60 max +49.6% all dmg for 30sec.
    -The Tactical captain ability 'Tactical Fleet', at lvl60, max +37.4% all dmg for 30sec.
    -The Krenim Temporal Manipulation 3-piece set has a 2-piece +13% Tetryon dmg bonus.
    -The Eng boff ability: Emergency power to Weapons. EPW1 +10% all energy dmg, for 30 sec. EPW2 +13.3%, EPW3 +16.6%.

Indirectly, don't forget about items that boost subsystem power, items that increase power transfer rate... those will increase avg dmg output.

Edit: Also, Intelligence Fleet II -- +15% shield and armor penetration for 30 sec.