test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Screenshot location in Windows 10

I took some screenshots earlier (or at least I thought I did) and went looking for the screenshots folder to check them out but it doesn't seem to be there. I know I have one since I've taken a lot of screenshots before and sifted through them, but haven't really thought about it since upgrading to Windows 10. I can't seem to find the screenshots anywhere. Is there anybody that has Windows 10 that can give me a hand? I play through the Arc client.

Comments

• jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    It's in the same place it's always been well it is on mine. . .
    JtaDmwW.png
  • lamyrslamyrs Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    I looked everywhere and couldn't find it so now I am using an external programs to take screenshots.
    I am from Belgium and english isn't my main language, sorry if I make mistakes.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    I have the old school install on this particular computer. The upgrade to Windows 10 didn't affect STO's directory and Screenshots still fell in the same place it's been for me.
    XzRTofz.gif
    And can someone tell where is that place?
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    lamyrs wrote: »

If we're talking old school install / Non-Arc, mine is at:
    C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\screenshots

My old screenshots from 2013 are still there as well as newer ones.
    XzRTofz.gif
    edited December 2015

Nop sorry was talking about the new one.

Edit : well just found mine so you can look at the same place bhicks5
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\Star Trek Online\Star Trek Online\Live\screenshots
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    Unless it's Win 10 related (I wouldn't know, not touching that OS with a ten foot pole), there's a chance you might just have to do a fresh reinstall of STO. This happened to me once after having moved from Steam back to Arc, and that solved it, so it may be a possibility for you.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,764 Arc User
    If you're just clicking Print Screen, you'll have to paste them each time into a graphics program like Photoshop.
  • bhicks5bhicks5 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2015

Nop sorry was talking about the new one.

Edit : well just found mine so you can look at the same place bhicks5
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\Star Trek Online\Star Trek Online\Live\screenshots

That's the problem. I go to C:\Program Files (x86), but there is no Perfect World Entertainment folder.

If I was to go to the "live" folder where where the screenshots folder is supposed to be my path would be:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Star Trek Online_en\Star Trek Online\Live...but there is no screenshots folder in there even though I took some screenshots earlier today.

I saw the posts about doing a fresh install, but this is basically a fresh install. A few months ago my C: drive crashed and I had to get a new one. I had forgotten about that earlier so that's why I can't find my older screenshots, but pressing Print Screen always saved them to the folder before with no problem. I didn't know if something was changed with how they work.

Edit: Typing /screenshot into the chat field saves the screenshots so now I have the screenshots folder. And now "Print Screen" works like it's supposed to. I don't know why the folder being there or not would make a difference when it was supposed to create the folder anyway like it did before, but whatever. You would think as somebody who's been playing since launch I would be able to resolve this stuff easily. Oh well. Live and learn. 'lol' Thanks for your time and help guys.
    Post edited by bhicks5 on