test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What a TRIBBLE up by you developers

This emergency stuuf done today has broken the game for me, yesterday the game was fine, today between DC and lag and freezing the game is totally screwed up, I tried to do the race to get the freaking ephod and the system froze and I was freaking disqualified from the race because I went off bounds, off bounds really? What that heck is this TRIBBLE?
Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy

Comments

• deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    you do know it was really bad earlier with the Klingons on lockdown on ESD while security forces tried to remove them but they couldn't due to a little bug?
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    I think the mistake might be yours...you may want to edit that while you have a chance.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • misterferengi#8959 misterferengi Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    As Gulberat has advised i'd edit you're post. I can understand your frustration and anger at problems you are having, i've been there many times in real life, but the context of your post may lead you into trouble with moderators, as it could be interpreted as more than a player showing his passion and anger at the game he loves not performing to expectations.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    What a TRIBBLE up by you, mayito2009.

This stuuf done in this thread has broken the forum for me, yesterday the forum was fine, today between vitriol and hate and name calling the forum is totally screwed up, I tried to read some threads to get some freaking ideas and my brain froze and I was freaking out from the insanity because you went off bounds, off bounds really? What that heck is this TRIBBLE?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    No need to resort to names and venom because you failed one single race in the whole Winter event... This stuff has happened to every single one of us a good dozen times, and not just on STO. I remember the first days of WoW, where you could experience so much rubberbanding during fights that you would only find out several dozen seconds later that your toon had been killed.

Give it time and it will be fixed.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    ashstorm1 wrote: »
    No need to resort to names and venom because you failed one single race in the whole Winter event... This stuff has happened to every single one of us a good dozen times, and not just on STO. I remember the first days of WoW, where you could experience so much rubberbanding during fights that you would only find out several dozen seconds later that your toon had been killed.

Give it time and it will be fixed.
    Blizzard games are terrible about that in general. they seem to have no way to tell if you have lost connection. If you DC during a fight you're almost guaranteed to be dead when you login again.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,865 Arc User
    I don't know what to say...I didn't have problems before the patch and I didn't have problems after the patch...
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    lianthelia wrote: »
    I don't know what to say...I didn't have problems before the patch and I didn't have problems after the patch...

Every player that has lag, frame rate issues, or disconnects automatically assumes it's Cryptic's fault. It couldn't possibly be on their end despite the fact that there are thousands of us playing just fine.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    Maybe the OP should go play Fallout 4 and see REAL screwups.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • benben500benben500 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    Maybe the epohhs just didn't want to be your friends, seeing as you appear to be quite impolite in your statement.
    "Bloody explorers, ponce off to Mumbo Jumbo land, come home with a tropical disease, a suntan and a bag of brown lumpy things, and Bob's your uncle, everyone's got a picture of them in the lavatory."
    -Edmund Blackadder-
  • minababeminababe Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    mayito2009 wrote: »
    This emergency stuuf done today has broken the game for me, yesterday the game was fine, today between DC and lag and freezing the game is totally screwed up, I tried to do the race to get the freaking ephod and the system froze and I was freaking disqualified from the race because I went off bounds, off bounds really? What that heck is this TRIBBLE?

If you're this upset over something like this, you might want to re-examine your life.
    My Foundry Mission--Name: Falling Star | Mission ID: HQIH36HAW | Faction: FED
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Perhaps a trial by Tribble is in order here...
  • kontarnuskontarnus Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Perhaps a trial by Klingon pain sticks.
    At each step, recite the following as you receive your jolt of searing pain, "my internet routing suxx0rz teh big11111!!!1"
    Then at the end, receive a Riker-esque two-armed roundhouse swing to the head, and recite the following, "I was mistaken, my zeal has clouded my judgment, forgive me-hee-heeee!!!"
    Followed by a requirement to chug a bottle of Romulan ale while listening to Klingon opera under a shower of Cardassian Kanar.
    Only then will you be cleansed. >:)
    "Intelligence is finite, stupidity is infinite" -- Umberto Eco
  • jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    You don't want the Freakin' Epohh. The Freakin' Epohh is a drama queen.

Oh--maybe you do want the Freakin' Epohh.
    boldly-watched.png
  • mementoedenmementoeden Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    minababe wrote: »

If you're this upset over something like this, you might want to re-examine your life.

Perhaps he does...the devs though should re-examine the game also though.....

• auggiedog1auggiedog1 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    I've experienced a bit of lag and an "Error 34" message numerous times when the game was patching this morning. I rebooted and that seemed to fix the problem and the lag in-game went away after a while...
  • mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    The game is still failing on the servers and the lag, DC and other stuff IDIDN'T HAVE BEFORE THE EMERGEN CY PATCH ARE STILL THERE. So if you like it fine, but I dont like it, I pay money for this game and when the devs do something that messes the game they need to hear about it instead of sticking our head on the sand and pretend everything is rosy color. If you like the nroken game more power to you and the devs can lock this anytime they want, I call it like it is. No problems before emergency patch and alot of problems after patch, how this can be on my side? How this can be my problem on my side, no problem before patch, problem after patch dont you understand the issue of you just want to run your mouth to feel important and none of you knows what goes on my life so your cyberbullying can KISS MY TRIBBLE
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Woah. No idea what goes on in your life? Did anyone claim to know? No matter what is going on in your life, it doesn't entitle you to come in to the forums and yell "you Devs screwed up." If life's that bad, maybe instead of playing an online games or ranging in forums, you should be googling a support group for whatever is going on.

On a side note, what's the game's ESRB rating, again? Should the forum software really allow some of the language that goes on here? Edit: There is no ESRB rating, but still...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    ... hey, he called it cyberbullying!

That's a new one... like the disco balls were TRIBBLE...
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    The game is still failing on the servers and the lag, DC and other stuff IDIDN'T HAVE BEFORE THE EMERGEN CY PATCH ARE STILL THERE. So if you like it fine, but I dont like it, I pay money for this game and when the devs do something that messes the game they need to hear about it instead of sticking our head on the sand and pretend everything is rosy color. If you like the nroken game more power to you and the devs can lock this anytime they want, I call it like it is. No problems before emergency patch and alot of problems after patch, how this can be on my side? How this can be my problem on my side, no problem before patch, problem after patch dont you understand the issue of you just want to run your mouth to feel important and none of you knows what goes on my life so your cyberbullying can KISS MY TRIBBLE

All a**-kissing put aside, i personally do not have to pretend everything is rosy color, since the game works just fine on my end...
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

Quit.. you won't be missed.

If the server itself were having issues, it would effect everyone. It doesn't, it's effecting you.

Normally, had you started a thread to discuss the matter like a civil human being, people would have offered suggestions to try to help you. But instead, you had to blow up and have a temper tantrum and the replies you're getting are a reaction to the tone you set from the beginning.

If you want help, ask like a normal human being. Otherwise, either deal with it, or quit. Your rage impresses no one.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • minababeminababe Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    minababe wrote: »

Perhaps he does...the devs though should re-examine the game also though.....

It's not the devs who need to re-examine the game. It's the players. I've been gaming for a long time, and the older I get, the more I keep coming across people like the OP who don't expect glitches, mishaps, or other types of issues like this to come up in a video game. It's almost like they were born yesterday or something. These types of players are ruining gaming with their expectation that all games need to be "frustration and glitch-free." Because of them, devs have to dumb down content to reduce the number of glitches and issues that tend to come with having to code a game with sophisticated gameplay.

And that's what would have to happen to STO to please players like you and the OP who want a game that never, ever crashes or has bugs or anything else--a dumbed down STO where players are reduced to only one set of weapons for space and ground, and dumbed down queues and battle zones that require very little strategy or effort to complete.

As much as I like STO the way it is now, I would relish this happening, if only to see the crushed look of disappointment on everyone's faces when they realize what kind of sacrifices were needed to get their "frustration and glitch-free" game. I've seen this happen so many times over the years, it's not even funny. My favorite example is what happened to The Sims. Because of all the "frustration and glitch-free" players in that game threw temper tantrums on a daily basis about all the "bugs", we went from an "open world" system in Sims 3 and full object customization back to Sims 1 gameplay, with no more object customization and the sims back to being stuck on their lots. So the game doesn't have all the glitches of Sims 3, but it doesn't have all the great stuff that came with it, and now 15 years after the first Sims, players are back to 2000-era game play with loading screens.

If that's what you want to happen to STO, so be it, but then don't come crying when the complexities that make the game interesting are stripped out.
    Post edited by minababe on
    My Foundry Mission--Name: Falling Star | Mission ID: HQIH36HAW | Faction: FED
  • arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    There's so much drama here, I approve!
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I find this helps to calm ones nerves...

https://youtu.be/NjxNnqTcHhg

and my bouncing banana loves to dance to this...
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    If you have issues in the game, there are better ways to say that, than to get angry on the forums.
    /Closed
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

This discussion has been closed.