test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bortasqu'

lamyrslamyrs Member Posts: 312 Arc User
Which one do you prefer?
I have both tactical and command at T5U but I can't decide myself which one is the best. On the tactical one you have the only cruiser in the game with 5 tac consoles and on the command one you have one less tactical console but the sensor analysis.
I am from Belgium and english isn't my main language, sorry if I make mistakes.

Comments

• lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,861 Arc User
    Go for the pew pew...that's what most everyone else will tell you.

In the end SA is nice but it only affects one target at a time...
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    I have the War Bort. That's mainly for the piece-of-mind though, because it'd drive me up the wall if that clearly-docked BoP couldn't detach.

Like any of the 3pc flagship sets, I don't think you can really make a wrong choice. They're all solid, each with just a little slant towards a particular output with the console layout. The special console is probably the biggest point of differentiation.
  • eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    There is no best, just what is best for you.

Pick which ever you do the best or have the most fun with.

Eitherway, we need new T6 versions. The flagships aren't very top of the line any more, heh
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User

Eitherway, we need new T6 versions. The flagships aren't very top of the line any more, heh

I highly doubt a T6 Bortasqu' will fix the core issues I have with the T5 ones:

Bad turn rate

Horrible Inertia ratings - This one is a killer for me as the Bortasqu' continuously slides in the original course even when I'm facing a completely different course already. The slide is so bad that an unwise captain will see their ship slide out of combat position and waste time getting back into it.

A T6 makeover will do wonders on the BOFF layout but it will not affect the rest of the ship performance. It will inherit the same bad turn and inertia ratings.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,667 Arc User

I highly doubt a T6 Bortasqu' will fix the core issues I have with the T5 ones:

Bad turn rate

Horrible Inertia ratings - This one is a killer for me as the Bortasqu' continuously slides in the original course even when I'm facing a completely different course already. The slide is so bad that an unwise captain will see their ship slide out of combat position and waste time getting back into it.

A T6 makeover will do wonders on the BOFF layout but it will not affect the rest of the ship performance. It will inherit the same bad turn and inertia ratings.

Yeah, those are the crippling issues with Bort, and, with the exception of the T6 Fleet D'K (which lowered the turnrate compared to the FT5 D'D), those two stats haven't been touched in T6 re-releases.

Turnrate can be compensated for decently, though it costs build space in traits and/or consoles. Inertia is harder to deal with. Undine engines give +5 Inertia, Polaric Modulator gives +5, and Aux2Damps gives some, but not much else in options in dealing with the slip and slide. The Scimitar line is faster turning and has better Inertia, but even with Undine Engines it is still a pain to not slip out combat by accident.

• neomodiousneomodious Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    it's the original lock trajectory!​​
  • knightnbluknightnblu Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    I fly the Tac Bort and I love it. You can compensate for the turn rate, but you won't be able to do the same for the slide. You just have to learn how to work with it, and that takes time. I have flown mine for about two years now. Use two copies of FAW and you are golden. If they do release a T6 version of it, I just pray that it has intelligence seating. Oh God, please let it have intelligence seating.
  • freakiumfreakium Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    chipg7 wrote: »
    I have the War Bort. That's mainly for the piece-of-mind though, because it'd drive me up the wall if that clearly-docked BoP couldn't detach.

Like any of the 3pc flagship sets, I don't think you can really make a wrong choice. They're all solid, each with just a little slant towards a particular output with the console layout. The special console is probably the biggest point of differentiation.

Still using my War Bort' for the same reasoning. Many will argue for the Tac Bort' though for that extra console. The gimmick console for that ship is also pretty nice. Spits out a waterfall of disruptor death at your enemies. Agreed that the main issue with this ship is the turn rate but that didn't stop me from strapping cannons on it.
    m12Pkoj.png
    edited December 2015
    neomodious wrote: »
    it's the original lock trajectory!​​

Oh how right you are :)
    knightnblu wrote: »
    I fly the Tac Bort and I love it. You can compensate for the turn rate, but you won't be able to do the same for the slide. You just have to learn how to work with it, and that takes time. I have flown mine for about two years now. Use two copies of FAW and you are golden. If they do release a T6 version of it, I just pray that it has intelligence seating. Oh God, please let it have intelligence seating.

That's the thing. You can get the Bortasqu' to turn better. But you're sacrificing build space to get it to do so. In contrast are other high powered KDF Battlecruisers that inherently fly better: Negh'Var, Vor'Cha, Qib, Mogh. They also aren't lacking in firepower. Those same ships can have builds to increase other build aspects to make it perform much better and not waste build space just to be able to change direction at an acceptable rate.

As for the Hybrid Seat, IMO, unless the ship specially caters to projectiles which the Bortasqu' has no history of, Intel is the best all-around route. So I'm with you on that. Command is on the "meh" side and Pilot is the worst. A T6 Bortasqu' coming out of cloaks precharged with APA+ regular Attack Pattern + EPTW + OSS + Disruptor Autocannons blazing would be a hilarious Alpha Strike.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,667 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    knightnblu wrote: »

That's the thing. You can get the Bortasqu' to turn better. But you're sacrificing build space to get it to do so. In contrast are other high powered KDF Battlecruisers that inherently fly better: Negh'Var, Vor'Cha, Qib, Mogh. They also aren't lacking in firepower. Those same ships can have builds to increase other build aspects to make it perform much better and not waste build space just to be able to change direction at an acceptable rate.

As for the Hybrid Seat, IMO, unless the ship specially caters to projectiles which the Bortasqu' has no history of, Intel is the best all-around route. So I'm with you on that. Command is on the "meh" side and Pilot is the worst. A T6 Bortasqu' coming out of cloaks precharged with APA+ regular Attack Pattern + EPTW + OSS + Disruptor Autocannons blazing would be a hilarious Alpha Strike.

There's also the possibility for the Flagship release to have an entirely new Specilization/Hybrid slot. We are a bit overdue for a new spec (even though I and many others are only now making progress on those with the Admiralty system) and they said they had something special on tap for the Oddy (which should get cloned to the Bort) in that one ship blog. Hopefully something which has more standouts than usual.

Oh yeah, the APA+ regular Attack Pattern + EPTW + OSS + Disruptor Autocannons Spinal Cannons straight out of cloak is very fun on a Mat'ha. Though, it'd take an insane buff to the Bort to get that kind of firepower out of a Bort (Comm Tac and 5 fore weapons is hard to beat in an Alpha), though the extra durability of a Battle Cruiser would be handy at times.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Also... the T6 flagships pack... will introduce a T6 Scimitar. It's inevitable, it's always been inevitable.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Also... the T6 flagships pack... will introduce a T6 Scimitar. It's inevitable, it's always been inevitable.

Well, it's not like there'll be some groundbraking difference (same for all 3 flgaships really).
    The 5u scimi already is a 11 console ship so all that'll happen is adding 1 boff slot and the usual HP & shield buff.
    Probably the tac scimi's 5/3/3 layout and the engi lt. upgraded to a lt.cmdr. with probably command spec in that seat. Best case is when that happens to the sci seat instead of the egni but the "worst case" of upgrading the uni ensign to lt. is also not out of question.
    Again same goes for all 3 ships so if there isn't some awesome new model invovled it will not be worth a dime since the differences will be minimal depending on the final layout.

And please cryptic do something about the borts maneuverability, that (and the stupid high worthless crew) is the only thing that's holding it back from becoming an actually good battlecruiser.
    edited December 2015

Well, it's not like there'll be some groundbraking difference (same for all 3 flgaships really).
    The 5u scimi already is a 11 console ship so all that'll happen is adding 1 boff slot and the usual HP & shield buff.
    Probably the tac scimi's 5/3/3 layout and the engi lt. upgraded to a lt.cmdr. with probably command spec in that seat. Best case is when that happens to the sci seat instead of the egni but the "worst case" of upgrading the uni ensign to lt. is also not out of question.
    Again same goes for all 3 ships so if there isn't some awesome new model invovled it will not be worth a dime since the differences will be minimal depending on the final layout.

And please cryptic do something about the borts maneuverability, that (and the stupid high worthless crew) is the only thing that's holding it back from becoming an actually good battlecruiser.
    There's also the matter of what the trait will be... we really don't know that yet... it could be awesome... and something that makes them turn faster.

#Ilovetoflybehemoths
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited December 2015
    I'm with you on that. Some people think it's not going to happen, but it is. If the Odyssey, Bortasqu' get a T6 treatment, it guarantees the Scimitar getting the same as well.

It's also been a very long time since Pilot Spec came out.
    XzRTofz.gif
    I kinda want the qib trait, full pilot spec, cannonn R&D trait and turrets with [TURN] and see how much fun it could be...​​
  • theillusivenmantheillusivenman Member Posts: 438 Arc User
    T6 Oddy and T6 Bortas are coming, sadly to some I believe both will be carrying command instead of pilot/intel. Don't see much happening about turn rate/inertia though if you look at the later trends with some other T6 variants of the older ships, my guess is both will also have a single hangar bay.

T6 Scimitar? T5 is still selling lovely, it's still powerhouse in terms of DPS, and afaik still holds highest damage ship in ISA in the whole game, it still has a place, don't see the T6 releasing as long as people are still interested in this one.
    5980291nyfcc.png
    "Reality is a thing of the past."
    Proud supporter of equality for all human beings.
  • lamyrslamyrs Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    T6 Oddy and T6 Bortas are coming, sadly to some I believe both will be carrying command instead of pilot/intel. Don't see much happening about turn rate/inertia though if you look at the later trends with some other T6 variants of the older ships, my guess is both will also have a single hangar bay.

T6 Scimitar? T5 is still selling lovely, it's still powerhouse in terms of DPS, and afaik still holds highest damage ship in ISA in the whole game, it still has a place, don't see the T6 releasing as long as people are still interested in this one.

We could have seats depending of the variant : Command for war Bortasqu', pilot for tac Bortasqu' and Intel for command Bortasqu'.
    Also the consoles should be better than the T5 ones adding some passive effects like almost all T6 consoles. Maybe an addition of a hangar bay too? And i dream about a 5/3 Bortasqu' :smile:
  • kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    If it was 4/4 before at T5, you can bet an amount of money you don't even have it won't be a 5/3 at T6. I'd like them to scrap the Bortasqu entirely and put a new flagship cruiser along with the Oddy/Scimi. I'd like it to be smaller, even a bit smaller than the Oddysey. I'd like it to have a dual heavy autocannon turret and better maneuverability. None of these going to happen.

I would of course like to see more new 5/3s for cruisers and 5/2 for attackships in the future though.
    lamyrs wrote: »

We could have seats depending of the variant : Command for war Bortasqu', pilot for tac Bortasqu' and Intel for command Bortasqu'.
    Also the consoles should be better than the T5 ones adding some passive effects like almost all T6 consoles. Maybe an addition of a hangar bay too? And i dream about a 5/3 Bortasqu' :smile:

I understand your logic in how you want the specializations distributed, but I find it funny to put command spec on the war bort, and not the command bort.

Though the Bort does already have access to lock trajectory if you know how to use it.​​
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User

Has there been an official announcement on this flagship pack? I hope something will be coming soon. This season is starting to be more like New Yawn than New Dawn.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

edited December 2015
    neomodious wrote: »

I understand your logic in how you want the specializations distributed, but I find it funny to put command spec on the war bort, and not the command bort.

Though the Bort does already have access to lock trajectory if you know how to use it.​​

Well command Bortasqu' is supposed to be the "science" Bortasqu' I think intel suit more to it than the war Bortasqu' no?
  • freakiumfreakium Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    Seeing as the Bortasqu' is a flagship, I have a feeling if they ever give it a specialization, it can only be command.
    m12Pkoj.png
    goodscotch wrote: »
    Has there been an official announcement on this flagship pack? I hope something will be coming soon. This season is starting to be more like New Yawn than New Dawn.
    Not an announcement, but it was mentioned in one of the story blogs that there were plans...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • theillusivenmantheillusivenman Member Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited December 2015

That would be awesome as well, yeah, I'd actually prefer Intel on tact myself, it'll hangar bay most likely, I think all nine ships in pack gonna feature it... 5/3 would make the ship highest DPS Klingon Battlecruiser, I'd love it but sadly just don't see it happening.
    Seeing as the Bortasqu' is a flagship, I have a feeling if they ever give it a specialization, it can only be command.
    This was my reasoning as well.
    If it was 4/4 before at T5, you can bet an amount of money you don't even have it won't be a 5/3 at T6. I'd like them to scrap the Bortasqu entirely and put a new flagship cruiser along with the Oddy/Scimi. I'd like it to be smaller, even a bit smaller than the Oddysey. I'd like it to have a dual heavy autocannon turret and better maneuverability. None of these going to happen.

So you basically want a Mogh with a fancy hvy turret. :p
    5980291nyfcc.png
    "Reality is a thing of the past."
    Proud supporter of equality for all human beings.
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    it is funny how the Klingon player base has changed over the years. the bort was always a love hate ship with a heavy leaning on the hate side. now it seems with so many playing fed and crossing over casually its not as despised as it once was.

FACTS ARE FACTS

yes, you can make it preform. But at what cost?

yes, it looks great. Always has that was one thing most all agreed on.

now for more opinion like most above:
    For me the only way to save it is with its enormous size is to turn it into a full blown carrier.
    all 3 versions get 2 complete hanger bays fighter or frigate capable. standard hull upgrades for t6 versions
    no extra consoles or seating ranks.( to account for the hangers) then some more ship traits coppied from the command cruiser set just mix em up a bit. we didn't all buy all the command ship i just got the version with all hands on deck then filed the ship away as i really dislike the ship.

give the tactical version intel seating in its universal slots.

give the command version, command seating in its universal slots.

no specialization seating in the war version but give it the full science ship package. already has sensor scan just give it secondary deflector.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

icsairguns wrote: »

no specialization seating in the war version but give it the full science ship package. already has sensor scan just give it secondary deflector.

Seems everyone is making the mistake. This is the command version that have the sensor analysis and is science focused, not the war one.
    Tactical - Tactical
    War - Engineering
    Command - Science
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    icsairguns wrote: »

Seems everyone is making the mistake. This is the command version that have the sensor analysis and is science focused, not the war one.
    Tactical - Tactical
    War - Engineering
    Command - Science

then shuffle the words i typed around to fit. i have had them several years now all 3 are even upgraded to t5u and i still haven't gotten around to outfitting them again after so long. but then again im slow to change and still always end up back in my torkaht ( but the science raptor was a strong contender )
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    edited December 2015

So you basically want a Mogh with a fancy hvy turret. :p

As I ponder it further, if the autocannon was a turret, and pounded as hard as the autocannon at T5, the need for more maneuverability would be reduced to a minor convenience. If they did it that way, and picked up the turn rate 1 or 2, I might actually consider a T6 Bort.
    Maybe a new set bonus that extends the arc?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Maybe a new set bonus that extends the arc?

Add to that the ability to mount rear canons and it will be the first broadside canons ships :D