test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is this the same ship we got last year for Anni?

Best Answer

• toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    If you mean for the game anniversary, then no. And I don't believe Garret Wang's anniversary was officialy celebrated in any way in STO before.

However yes, as noted by bergins, the Rhode Island has been given away before. I'd even say several times already, including in one of the summer giveaways.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!

Answers

• berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    We got that ship at some point, I don't remember which giveaway.

Happy Birthday, Garrett. Hope you can share, it's mine too.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    The Anniversary ships have been new ships.
    2014: DSD
    2015: Samsar
    2016: ???

If you're a "Gotta have them all" player, be ready for February/March time frame. Guaranteed new ships, Anniversary Event with a ship. Cryptic usually goes pretty crazy for STO's birthday. Whether it be Events or attacks on the Wallet via C-Store / Lockbox / Promo stuff.

Last Anniversary, the Samsar came out and not long after, the Command FDC with the appropriate faction 9-pack came out.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User

If you're a "Gotta have them all" player, be ready for February/March time frame. Guaranteed new ships, Anniversary Event with a ship. Cryptic usually goes pretty crazy for STO's birthday. Whether it be Events or attacks on the Wallet via C-Store / Lockbox / Promo stuff.

Last Anniversary, the Samsar came out and not long after, the Command FDC with the appropriate faction 9-pack came out.

yeah, STO does a great job with their anniversery....then we have swtor over the in corner who is giving out 2 decorations and a animation of a remote control toy ship............I think i give STO the A+ in anniversery event.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User

yeah, STO does a great job with their anniversery....then we have swtor over the in corner who is giving out 2 decorations and a animation of a remote control toy ship............I think i give STO the A+ in anniversery event.

For all the hype on Star Wars with marketing, and with the pockets of EA, that's all they're doing???
    XzRTofz.gif
  • conradhauserconradhauser Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited December 2015

For all the hype on Star Wars with marketing, and with the pockets of EA, that's all they're doing???

That was my reaction too.
    They gave this ship to anyone who logged in once. Now just for 50 people in a drawing??? Wow that is really weak!
  • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    If they are limiting it to 50 people in a drawing, then I think that the prize ought to include a voucher to get the Fleet T5U version of the Rhode Island as well as the base C-store one (or at least the single Fleet Module and Upgrade Token required for one).
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited December 2015

Well, EA has deep pockets because they don't hand out presents, but hold tight to what they have and take everything they can get.

That's how you get stinking filthy rich, instead of just getting two out three.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 283 Arc User
    If they are limiting it to 50 people in a drawing, then I think that the prize ought to include a voucher to get the Fleet T5U version of the Rhode Island as well as the base C-store one (or at least the single Fleet Module and Upgrade Token required for one).

Well, considering it is an extremely limited giveaway, I hope it is a "limited edition" (like the Mirror Guardian) with its own skin and Admiralty card, rather than just a basic Science Vessel Refit (that was given away for free years ago).
    ryuga81.png
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    It was the Christmas giveaway, not the Anniversary. But it was last year.

As you know, Cryptic does a massive giveaway every Christmas, and every summer. Last year, that Rhode Island was one of the ships included in the Christmas giveaway.

(That was incredibly difficult to type. I hate English.)
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
    toiva wrote: »
    If you mean for the game anniversary, then no. And I don't believe Garret Wang's anniversary was officialy celebrated in any way in STO before.

However yes, as noted by bergins, the Rhode Island has been given away before. I'd even say several times already, including in one of the summer giveaways.

Well, I was only on STO a month when the Anni and Dust to Dust began, and I know that the Samsar was the big, first $free$ T6 give-a-way associated with the Anni, but your comment jogged my memory enough that I now remember that after my first Captain completed D2D, I discovered that the Rhode Island was available at no cost. I just had to click it and it was mine.

While I cannot say if the ship free status was associated with the release of the mission or the anni or some other thing, I can say is, that for me, that is when I first picked it up. It may just be that it was a free ship since I had joined, but simply the first time I noticed it's free status.

Anyway, thanks.

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • kerygankerygan Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    2016 , krenim science ship.
  • theillusivenmantheillusivenman Member Posts: 438 Arc User
    kerygan wrote: »
    2016 , krenim science ship.

2016, Temporal Dready <3
    5980291nyfcc.png
    "Reality is a thing of the past."
    Proud supporter of equality for all human beings.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,003 Arc User
    I'd very much like a factionb ased anniversary ship, not some weird alien one. Maybe a T6 flagship? pig-2.gif

The Garret Wang giveaway seems to be the regular T2 Science Vessel Refit pig-1.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou