Options

Can we Please raise the Un-refined cap DiL

2»

Comments

• Options
    zero2362zero2362 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    leemwatson wrote: »

Obviously you have no idea how the dil-zen market operates. It's a living thing, like the 'Oil' market. If you flood the market with Dil, it makes it more expensive to buy zen, not cheaper! All the F2P players that don't want to spend their Euro's, Dollars, Pounds etc lose out, and it will take LONGER to convert that Dil to enough Zen to pay for a ship. Have you not noticed the rate after the MI event and the introduction of the Admiralty system!? It's now above 240 Dil - 1 Zen. Gone of the days of 90-1, or even 200-1!

I never said it would be cheaper. I said it would balance out considering you would have more dil to spend. Your comparison isnt as relavent as you think. The mirror event made it easier to hit the refining cap but it didnt increase the total ammount of dil you could refine per day meaning that for people that hit that cap on a regular basis zen was more expensive for them.

My senario does not increase the ammount of ore a player has. just the maximum they can refine per day. Yes the zen market would fluctuate for a bit after the introduction but all the dil sinks we currently have as well as the new ones cryptic will no doubt introduce in the future will keep the demand for dil high and balance out the market.

Yes the price of zen would increase in the long term but it would increase in line with the availability of dil meaning it would still take around the same number of days to earn x ammount of zen as it does now.

343rguu.jpg

• Options
    kontarnuskontarnus Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    Increasing the maximum amount of ore/day that can be refined will cut into real money Zen purchases. Unless they can justify it by convincing themselves it will not impact game revenues, it won't happen.
    As to the OP, and his irrational need to collect unrefined ore, it's not really a concern, is it? How many people complain about hitting the ore cap?
    "Intelligence is finite, stupidity is infinite" -- Umberto Eco
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    Let the dil floodgates open! Free the dil!
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    zero2362zero2362 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    kontarnus wrote: »
    Increasing the maximum amount of ore/day that can be refined will cut into real money Zen purchases. Unless they can justify it by convincing themselves it will not impact game revenues, it won't happen.
    As to the OP, and his irrational need to collect unrefined ore, it's not really a concern, is it? How many people complain about hitting the ore cap?
    IT really wont. The zen being sold on the exchange has to come from somwhere
    343rguu.jpg

• Options
    starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    starmanj wrote: »
    If you've reached the dilithium cap, you're doing something wrong. Period.
    It doesn't matter whether you are a Subscriber or LTS, or even if you wasted your time grinding on a Silver account.
    You haven't played properly.

LOL Like I said I have been like this for 2 years now and I play properly I just want a reason to play more even though the refine Dil cap would be the same also the daily 8.5k to re-finement would stay the same. I don't see where this would effect anything, but for me and others like me with this cap wanting to play more for the gain on unrefined Dil. FYI I have been playing since BETA of this Game

Than why ask for more, if you cannot already feasibly refine what you have, what purpose would it serve?

Most people play a game to gain something with the unrefined ore capped at 10 mil as where I am at. I have nothing to gain especially during Dil bonus weeks. I realize I can't re-fine more than 8.5k a day. but I still would get satisfaction on getting more unrefined ore. Also it takes me 40 mins to regain that 8.5k daily. and if you don't know how to do this look in STO wikie on daily dil gains.
  • Options
    a3001 wrote: »
    Now that Ec has been raised can we do the same for un-refined DiL.

How does the exchange cap have anything to do with this?

EC was raised to 1billion now
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    Interesting. I'd forgotten there was a cap. Considering it takes 3.5 years approximately to refine all of that, I see no reason not to raise the unrefined cap. Why not raise it to 100 million and hope the game is still around in 35 years to refine it all!
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    a3001 wrote: »
    Now that Ec has been raised can we do the same for un-refined DiL.

How does the exchange cap have anything to do with this?

EC was raised to 1billion now

Yes, the cap on the exchange. Apparently the use of the word "raise" is enough to draw similarities here.

• Options
    phantrosityphantrosity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    We need to - if anything - drop the refined dil/day to 6000, in order to fight the rampant dil inflation.
  • Options
    mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    <Spam is irrelevant - Removed>
    Post edited by jodarkrider on
  • Options
    Refinement of dil needs to unrestricted, dil farmers have to much control over the dil exchange.
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    fitchgilbertfitchgilbert Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Refinement of dil should be by account and not toon. That would remove control from dil farmers.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

"Khan Noonien Singh is the most dangerous adversary the Enterprise ever faced. He is brilliant, ruthless, and he will not hesitate to kill every single one of you."
    – Spock, 2259 (Star Trek Into Darkness)
  • Options
    rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    I have an awful idea. United crystal credits. Champions, Neverwinter, and STO's time based money is turned into one thing and the crystal exchanges become one too. I have no idea what would happen but it might be neat to watch.
  • Options
    harlequinpixieharlequinpixie Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    I'd actually prefer the 800 day veteran dilithium refining mission be made less pointless than it is now. A three day mission to refine 1000, when you can refine 500 at the fleet mine in a few seconds.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    If you've reached the dilithium cap, you're doing something wrong. Period.
    It doesn't matter whether you are a Subscriber or LTS, or even if you wasted your time grinding on a Silver account.
    You haven't played properly.

LOL Like I said I have been like this for 2 years now and I play properly I just want a reason to play more even though the refine Dil cap would be the same also the daily 8.5k to re-finement would stay the same. I don't see where this would effect anything, but for me and others like me with this cap wanting to play more for the gain on unrefined Dil. FYI I have been playing since BETA of this Game

Than why ask for more, if you cannot already feasibly refine what you have, what purpose would it serve?

Most people play a game to gain something with the unrefined ore capped at 10 mil as where I am at. I have nothing to gain especially during Dil bonus weeks. I realize I can't re-fine more than 8.5k a day. but I still would get satisfaction on getting more unrefined ore. Also it takes me 40 mins to regain that 8.5k daily. and if you don't know how to do this look in STO wikie on daily dil gains.

Why would gaining more dilithium beyond what you could ever refine, make the game worth playing? It's not like you are going to be able to refine all of it any time soon, so why should getting more matter?

And, getting my daily and than some on every character I have, is not an issue!

The point is, why need more un-refined beyond what you can ever refine?

Especially if it takes you only 40mins., to make your next daily?

tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I never knew there was a cap. It will take me years of grinding before hitting that.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    squirrleytunicsquirrleytunic Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    I am ok with this as long as we also raise the fleet mark cap. I see no reason for these arbitrarily low limits.

AldZNEj.png​​
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    beameddown wrote: »
    Stuff :)

I thought outside of gaining more refined dilithium, that the reason for multiple toons, is to actually play those toons for fun, and actually advance them?

But, what do I know, other than this is what I do with all 6 of mine!!!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    @shadowwraith77

That is a good question, I persoy play 9 of the 11 I have differently but use 2 (KDF) for contrafarming. I know one guy that has 50 toons for the sole purpose of grinding a ton of dil a day.
  • Options
    We need to - if anything - drop the refined dil/day to 6000, in order to fight the rampant dil inflation.

I have seen the Dill exchange be as low 98 and high as 404 since I have been playing What goes on sale makes dil exchange go up. Also I do think at times STO put up ZEN to drive it back down