test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to delete mail

ethoirethoir Member Posts: 122 Arc User
This isn't a gameplay issue so much as a UI issue. Whenever I try to delete mail at a Mailbox "console" I am unable to do so either individually or in bulk. The response I get when I try is "Banned Command MailDeleteCompleteLog". I've tried to delete mail (particularly "Exchange Sale Expired" mail after picking up the attached items) on several characters and this inability to delete said mail persisted across characters.

I don't know what is going on to cause it, but I hope I'm not the only one with this problem.

Comments

• Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
  • Options
    ethoirethoir Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    That's going to get on my nerves. All those exchange mails and not being able to purge my inbox of the two dozen plus? Ugh.
    tempus64 wrote: »

• Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Not just exchange mail. But I can't delete the 'Thank you for using Arc' mail either.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    nantha7nantha7 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    unable to delete all types of mail once again I said ALL TYPES
    "The undiscover'd country from whose bourn No traveller returns" ~ Hamlet by William Shakespeare & Star Trek VI
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    That is because ALL the DELETE MAIL FUNCTION is TURNED OFF.
    At least till this Thursday's Patch.
    Trendy posted a Thread on December 3rd which explains the problem.
    ... which is still quite active, click on the DISCUSSIONS link at the top of the threads and you will find it.
    And They have never been able to just turn off One Type of Email Delete, the system isn't sophisticated enough to do that.
    This happened once before quite awhile ago, for a different reason and They did the same thing.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    danimb80danimb80 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Official Posting

Note, that there seems to be a new mail quota. I can't access old mails on my main toon, because I obviously exceed that quota, and I therefore don't get mails with expired items anymore. Please check if you have the same problem and report back in the forementioned thread, as I doubt, that I'm the only once with this problem...