test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New costume Parts

Hey guys,
I had an idea that cryptic should add costume parts that would look more like uniform components. Not flashy excuses for DU's. I was thinking of adding Camouflaged components i.e. CADPAT or MARPAT. There would be more actual combat uniforms, because going out into the field in your DU doesn't make any sense. I know there is armor, but it looks phony and doesn't make any sense.

-Stalwart_ODST

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,521 Community Moderator
    There's a thread in the Art section showing support for the Enterprise era MACO uniforms. Apparently they do exist in the code, but Cryptic hasn't found a good time to introduce it yet. They KNOW we want it.

Anyways... There's some pretty good Hazard Suit mockups floating around, using either armor suit or Odyssey Excursion parts.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    There's a thread in the Art section showing support for the Enterprise era MACO uniforms. Apparently they do exist in the code, but Cryptic hasn't found a good time to introduce it yet. They KNOW we want it.

Anyways... There's some pretty good Hazard Suit mockups floating around, using either armor suit or Odyssey Excursion parts.

Wait really? Its already in the code? Hopefully that means it'll be soon since it looks like we're heading into the Temporal Cold War. Would be a good time for them to introduce more Enterprise stuff, I'm hoping for a Phase Pistol :P
    gilion wrote: »

Wait really? Its already in the code? Hopefully that means it'll be soon since it looks like we're heading into the Temporal Cold War. Would be a good time for them to introduce more Enterprise stuff, I'm hoping for a Phase Pistol :P

To my knowledge, its been in the code for at least over a year, if not longer.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,521 Community Moderator
    Yea... people were able to see it in the Foundry.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1145775/enterprise-maco-outfit/p1

And I agree... if we're going into the Temporal Cold War... we might just see the Enterprise MACO soon. And I'd like a Phase Pistol as well. Closest we have is the Elite Fleet Wide Beam Pistol. Also... if you look at the shelves behind one of ground vendors at ESD, you can see an Enterprise era MACO rifle. CRYPTIC TEASES US!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ccs46ccs46 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    gilion wrote: »

Yeah I love the enterprise phase pistol, I use the Elite Fleet Phaser Pistol, it kinda looks like it...

Yea. I do too. Shift the grip forward a bit so its more centered and its almost a dead ringer for the Phase Pistol. The Jem'Hadar Polaron Rifle would probably be a stand in for the Phase Rifle, since they just modded the physical model for Enterprise. Although I'd prefer the MACO rifles.

Heck... I wouldn't mind the Plasma bolt Pistols that were in Broken Bow, and later used as MACO Phase Pistols.
  • captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    A couple of additions could be new off-duty clothes either from background extras, or more original ones for all 3 factions, or for FED, an updated EV suit, all on c-store.
  • sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Hey guys,
    I had an idea that cryptic should add costume parts that would look more like uniform components. Not flashy excuses for DU's. I was thinking of adding Camouflaged components i.e. CADPAT or MARPAT. There would be more actual combat uniforms, because going out into the field in your DU doesn't make any sense. I know there is armor, but it looks phony and doesn't make any sense.

-Stalwart_ODST

For the record, I'm all for new costume pieces and whatnot.

But as to that last bit of yours, uh. You realize that this is a game that takes place several hundred years in the future, right? Like, these kinds of things have evolved by now by simple virtue of the passage of time.
    So yeah of course it's gonna look odd. It's made of materials that outclass what we have now by centuries. Not to mention the fact it's also probably been made with alien culture ingenuity in addition to human tech.....

Plus, camo-pattern uniforms are probably not only obsolete but pointless in an age where a tricorder or a suit with an integrated bio-scanner pinpoints living creatures to the Nth degree. This is why most stealth units in-game use tech-based stealth generators or personal cloaking fields to hide them not only visually but from scanners.

As it stands, we have all the uniform components we're gonna get for the branches of the exploratory corps we're in.
    Meaning, we're in Starfleet, and we pretty much have all the Starfleet uniform components we're gonna get for the moment.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • stalwartodst#2886 stalwartodst Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Well It's just an idea, you don't have to shoot it down like that. Also, do you have any military relations? Do you know what DU's are and what FTU's are? There's a difference with dress and combat. Also, what about being in the field for an extended time? Where's you storage space if you're out of contact for a while? You don't have any. I thought the dot camo would be cool for this game, making your expeditionary forces make sense. What about wildlife? They don't have scanners. Instead they use their eyes. Disruptive camo is very effective. Think of the zebra. It confuses its predator allowing it to make an escape from danger. Things aren't always black and white (unless you're a zebra).
  • khan1000khan1000 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    Camo wouldn't have much use in the 25th century, I'd like to see the Dominion war Starfleet ground uniform and Tal shiar uniform from DS9 dieiscast_107.jpg
    giphy.gif
    Fear the Dominion
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,872 Arc User
    Hey guys,

-Stalwart_ODST

Because most combat in Trek took place in armor or combat gear?
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
    The only combat uniforms we've seen are MACO. The only other uniforms we've seen in combat are the dress uniforms. I just want something that would fit into combat, i.e. field survival equipment, a backpack a helmet that made sense. a vest for energy weapon protection/projectile weapon. something that'll keep you alive in the field longer. Tech it out with all the Star Trek glowing bits and bobs to make it look like it fits in.
    Not entirely accurate.

DSN5-northebattle-soldier02sm.jpg

There were a couple versions of a combat jacket in DS9.

%7BE3474A9F-345E-47F6-81AA-906964CDDA47%7DImg100.jpg

Better picture here from the TNG Novel.
    edited December 2015
    Well there is that. I was just hoping for someone to make a cool looking CADPAT like piece so that i'm not running around in metal spandex for armor.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    You seem to be mistaking a Star Trek game for a military simulator. Just use the Omega Force armour if you feel the need to dress up like a soldier.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Well Starfleet is a "Fleet" it says it in the name and is a branch of the military. They do deal with multi-terrain conflicts and such. They have an espionage branch, but where's infantry and an aviation like branch? They have Peregrine fighters don't they? Where's the apparel for those? I just want a little bit more customization and to make my stuff look a bit cooler.
  • kontarnuskontarnus Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    The only combat uniforms we've seen are MACO. The only other uniforms we've seen in combat are the dress uniforms. I just want something that would fit into combat, i.e. field survival equipment, a backpack a helmet that made sense. a vest for energy weapon protection/projectile weapon. something that'll keep you alive in the field longer. Tech it out with all the Star Trek glowing bits and bobs to make it look like it fits in.

It's Star Trek not Call of Duty.

(As an aside, are you actually an RCAF cadet?)
    "Intelligence is finite, stupidity is infinite" -- Umberto Eco
    Yes I am a member of the RCACS. I also do not mean call of duty.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Well Starfleet is a "Fleet" it says it in the name and is a branch of the military. They do deal with multi-terrain conflicts and such. They have an espionage branch, but where's infantry and an aviation like branch? They have Peregrine fighters don't they? Where's the apparel for those? I just want a little bit more customization and to make my stuff look a bit cooler.

Delivery vans come in fleets. It's not a military. Civilians and the police have intel departments. Even if it were a navy it's certainly not an army or air force. Had Peregrine's, in a last ditch full on war.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!