test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Breen Rezreth Dreadnough Cruiser

Comments

• farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I love the ship. Looks like a brutal beast. My Klingon will love racing again for the ship. This will make the 3rd ship in his collection.

I may try later to make a Breen Capt just to fly them. Got me thinking.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    The 2015 Winter Event will offer a brand new starship requisition project available in the Event Reputation: the Breen Rezreth Dreadnought Cruiser.

Check out the shiny here! Shiny shiny.

~ALittleMoreAwakeTrendy

Wow! When I saw this Breen Rezreth Draednought, I was immediately reminded of another famous ship from scifi: the 'Cygnus' from the Walt Disney movie "The Black Hole". Very cool!!!
    gal-2815816.jpg?v=1414398516
    ​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    irm1963 wrote: »
    guljarol wrote: »
    It's so ugly that it's beautiful in its own way. Looks like a hand with claws. My Ferasan approves; he'll fly it. :)​​

Going by that second picture, I'll be calling mine Sovereign :)

Second picture looks like a claw... call it "Vecna". :3
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    This one reminds me Earth/Shadow ships from Babylon 5
    352.jpg
    sov42 wrote: »

I love the way you think Sovereign ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
    uss_cygnus_ortho_by_unusualsuspex-d7761az.jpg
    ​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    farmallm wrote: »
    I love the ship. Looks like a brutal beast. My Klingon will love racing again for the ship. This will make the 3rd ship in his collection.

If only. The parts don't exist in the Tailor to make a proper Breen. Though if they ever made a playable option for a Breen character I'd have to consider it.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • yourswordismineyourswordismine Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    thetanine wrote: »
    ​​

Glad I am not the only one who thought it looked familiar.
    An articulate soul, trapped in an inarticulate shell
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    Please add the old Rezreth model as alternative skin. I like the other Breen ships but this one looks like the other 3 Breen ships got in a horrible accident.​​

You know, I have to agree.
    I like the others (chel grett look is my favorite), but this one leaves something to be desired. I too prefer the original look.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • wbaker256#3172 wbaker256 Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    Gotta admit, as much I like the old Rezreth? I think this is an improvement, which is more than I can say for the Sarr Theln.

Is there -any- chance we could get the old models for both though? -Especially- for the Sarr Theln?
    "[GARBLED ELECTRONIC NOISES]"
    - Thot Gar - Commanding Officer of the Braaktak Kaan
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    It's so ugly that it's beautiful in its own way. Looks like a hand with claws. My Ferasan approves; he'll fly it. :)​​

And the quote on the dedication plaque will say
    You Exist because we allow it, and you will end, because we demand it.
    The 2015 Winter Event will offer a brand new starship requisition project available in the Event Reputation: the Breen Rezreth Dreadnought Cruiser.

Check out the shiny here! Shiny shiny.

~ALittleMoreAwakeTrendy

Wow! When I saw this Breen Rezreth Draednought, I was immediately reminded of another famous ship from scifi: the 'Cygnus' from the Walt Disney movie "The Black Hole". Very cool!!!
    gal-2815816.jpg?v=1414398516
    ​​

I see the resemblance.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • tinyfistedtinyfisted Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    ​​

The Cygnus is a gorgeous, gorgeous ship. If we could only fit it with heavy shields and antiproton beams. :)
    86B6EC45459D17DB8AE6CD5F51C13A90CDC00A85
  • yourswordismineyourswordismine Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    tinyfisted wrote: »
    ​​

The Cygnus is a gorgeous, gorgeous ship. If we could only fit it with heavy shields and antiproton beams. :)

4G6el99.jpg
    An articulate soul, trapped in an inarticulate shell
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    Uber-Kitbashing detected...
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    Oh...and PLEASE don't have this ship "Parked" or "Landed" on the ground...it should simply be floating in the air someplace...I mean, it's too damn big to be landed, IMHO...
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    I spot a pet in the upper right corner of the first image. So...hangar bay(s)?
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    stobg2015 wrote: »
    farmallm wrote: »

If only. The parts don't exist in the Tailor to make a proper Breen. Though if they ever made a playable option for a Breen character I'd have to consider it.

Yeah I figured as much. I remember trying to make a Hirogen for my Klingon. Not enough stuff to come close. So I wasn't too happy. At least I have the Breen Boff. I usually use him for my Tac officer. With the story they let him use the ship since he has connections. And he knows how to run the ship, where the others don't know much about it.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,669 Arc User
    mrspidey2 wrote: »

Interesting, did not notice that until now. The other ship is not either existing pet, and it doesn't really look Breen at all. Maybe just some background object on the map they photographed it on? Maybe something from an episode not out yet, like a Lukari vessel?
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Hmmm... I do believe that a Klingon Science Vessel has been spoted...

0.o?

*ducks for cover*
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    dumas13 wrote: »
    Can't say I like Breen ships at all. I've never liked slippery ice stages in games and couldn't get the hang of the ice race my first year playing STO so I didn't bother with whatever ship was given out. And then I left the game for a year because I felt there was nothing left to do so I missed the next one. I dunno if I'll bother to grind out something so ugly I'd never fly it, playing an event that I can't stand.

Then again, I did grind out that Ferengi Nandi and I don't like that design either. But flying annoys me less than sliding on ice. I forsee thrown mice if I lose too many races.

It's a pity, I wish I could run those races for those that can't, or won't and somehow be able to offer that service to my fellow players for ec or a chunk of dilithium or something.

Those ships, are really kinda cool. They are not for everyone, truth be told, specially for those that want to fly faction specific ship, but they do represent the latest T6 offering for FREE.

All they require is that someone put in a little time. Too bad I can't donate my time to somebody and be compensated for it similar to like you can with crafting.

tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• tiekosoratiekosora Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    Another Breen ship? This is why I don't participate in the winter event.
    18EOWbV.jpg

They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.
  • joehighland1joehighland1 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    zulisvel wrote: »
    Awww... I was betting on something sciency for my KDF sci. :(

Isn't this sciencey-ish? No stats yet but the trait does have a distinctly blue-hue to it.

Both the Dreadnought Cruiser classification and the Rezreth [T6] Admiralty Ship indicate a heavy Engineering focus. That doesn't mean we can't port the console and Starship Trait over to a Sarr Theln (unless your didn't get it last year, didn't slot the project to take advantage of the "last chance" before it's gone forever, started playing after the last Winter Event was over or were away from STO at the time... etc.). Admittedly, the Sarr Theln is a Science Carrier rather than a proper Science Vessel, but for KDF/Rom characters it's about the strongest "off-Sci" you can obtain at T6 and it does have access to Intel/OSS.

[EDIT] As a suggestion for next year's Summer Event, though: Can we please get a third Risian ship? In this instance, a vessel designed to research interaction between normal space, subspace, underspace, and various phase states, as well as their effect on the behavior of transient spacial anomolies and overall stellar drift patterns (space weather :tongue:). A yellow submarine Science Vessel with a console to let it "dive" between these different layers of space and quantum states would fit the theme, though it would only be fun if you could run silent, run deep until you chose to disengage the console and "surface". Maybe "surfacing" could cause U to do 571 base Exotic Damage to nearby ships, say within 20,000 leagues? Come on, there are sooo many good/bad submarine jokes you could layer into that dev blog; it wouldn't need to be the sixth Federation Science Vessel released while the KDF/Roms are left waiting (Blue Submarine No. 6), or given to the KDF a couple weeks before Halloween as their long sought-after good endgame Science Vessel (The Hunt for Red October). Just imagine the potential!
    Starship Trait

Upon reaching level 5 in the Breen Rezreth Dreadnought Cruiser’s starship mastery, you will unlock the Enhanced Power Condensers Starship Trait. While this trait is slotted, using Power Siphon or Tachyon Beam will provide you with a boost to maximum power levels and provide a boost to maximum shield hit points for a short time.

Does "Power Siphon" refer to the Energy Siphon boff ability, the Breen 3-piece Space equipment set, Power Siphon Drones, or all abilities that siphon power from your enemy to yourself?
    I now feel the need to point out that the phrase "20,000 Leagues under the Sea" is not the depth Nemo's ship could descend to. That distance is actually greater than the distance to the Earth's core. The most common definition in English is that 1 league is 3 miles. Verne(who originally wrote the story in French) actually used it as 4km, which is consistent with the French version. The deepest part of the ocean is about 11km deep. Thus 1-2 leagues is actually deeper than most vessels CAN go. The title is apparently the distance traveled while under water.
    mrspidey2 wrote: »
    Nah, I made a copy so I could zoom in. It's a generic ship: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Alien_Cruiser It's also used as an Acamarian vessel.

Fun fact: the ship you see in the Forum BG is a Deferi cruiser: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Deferi_Cruiser
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    Does this new breen dreadnought's starship trait work with any ability that drains power (like energy siphon/tyken's rift)? I'd like to see an explaination from a dev
  • xoelloexoelloe Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    nandospc wrote: »
    Does this new breen dreadnought's starship trait work with any ability that drains power (like energy siphon/tyken's rift)? I'd like to see an explaination from a dev

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/3v0xtr/star_trek_online_winter_event_ship/

read through answer is there
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    I wish this is what the Sarr looked like. *drools* This actually does look quite a lot like the old Sarr.

Exactly, which makes me kinda like it.

As far as stats go, this should be roughly similar in stats to the Sheshar, Xindi dread cruiser, Galaxy-X and the Bulwark. 8 wepon slots, 1 hangar bay, Commander Eng, Dreadnought cruiser mastery passives and cruiser commands.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    xoelloe wrote: »
    nandospc wrote: »

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/3v0xtr/star_trek_online_winter_event_ship/

read through answer is there
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    Haven't been a fan of Breen designs, usually. They're awesome in their own right, just not my personal favs.

This one though... I like it. Solid design. Looking forward to taking it for a spin for the Mastery, at the very least.
  • tinyfistedtinyfisted Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    Then again, I did grind out that Ferengi Nandi and I don't like that design either. But flying annoys me less than sliding on ice. I forsee thrown mice if I lose too many races.

It's a pity, I wish I could run those races for those that can't, or won't and somehow be able to offer that service to my fellow players for ec or a chunk of dilithium or something.[/quote]

Mmm, I know what you mean. I adore the assault courses, both on Risa (flying) and QWW (ice). I'd do it as often as they'd let me, if they'd let me. I'd happily contract runs to those who aren't able to cope with them, for a modest fee so I'm not taken advantage of too badly by the terminally lazy. :)
    86B6EC45459D17DB8AE6CD5F51C13A90CDC00A85
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    sov42 wrote: »

We've been calling it the Lobster.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg