test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The "Nice to Have" Thread

13»

Comments

• cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    Unlimited use of dil claims, no limit on refinement of dil. Allow for digital items to be sold on 3rd party sites.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Would love to see them update, expand on, and rework the hanger/separation pet Ui an Ai systems. Some examples are as fallows below.
    • First would be nice to have more micro-management able to be done in with the hanger/separation pets, such as using a UI system alot like the ground boff system we have in place. Things like choosing which abilities or weapons they will use automatically or you will use manually for them. This can also go into a UI in which you equip your pets with specific weapons an shields other methods, also adjusting the power-levels of your pets to suit your liking instead of a general power-level.
    • A pilot system allowing you to slot into the fighters different ranking/rarity of pilot doffs which would give your pet's different bonuses, maybe based on the size of the pet you could slot more than one pilot doff. This could even be done in more of a boff pilot system in which you convert a existing boff into a pilot for your hanger/separation pet, which then gives the pet additional abilities an boosts to stats. Also this type of system could give your pets access to a more advanced AI for piloting, in that you are sacrificing a boff to improve the AI of your pet making it vastly better.
    • An increased availability of different items from both cannon an beam versions of weapons in rep, to also more rep-based hanger-pets. My other favorite idea is that each rep might get a unique rep specific ship designed for them in a project, but this would need an exorbitant about of materials to gain.
    • Consoles that would give a reduced buff to the main ship compared to a normal console, but would off-set the reduced buff by also buffing the main-ship's hanger/separation pets by an amount splitting your power between the main ship an it's pets. These could be buffs to energy/kinetic resistance, energy/weapon damage, support abilities, exotic damage, and healing types, making your pets stronger the more you focus your consoles towards them.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    1) less restrictive colour palettes both for ships and costumes, plus have colours that actually look right on items. A lot of uniforms are quite restrictive in what you can do and for example some armour pieces look really odd when you try to change their colours.

2) unlockable space costumes from rep items. This is just an expansion on how the ground uniforms operate. Come on devs, everyone knows players want to have costumes on their ships but are held back by the stats on said items not fitting their build.

3) a means to buy individual component parts of ships such as nacelles, saucers etc. for a much reduced zen cost.
    I'd love the nacelles from the Bellerophron on my Pathfinder but I'm not paying 1500 zen for a single cosmetic item. Now if I could but that one piece for say 100-500 zen I'd probably spend the money.
    Maybe they'd worry about losing sales of whole ships with this but how many of us would buy extra parts for ships and probably spend more than we would on whole ships. People will quite often spend more in a series of small transactions than they will in large single purchases.

4) customisable pets/fighters, in a similar style to how ground kits are done. You get a basic space frame and it comes with x number of module slots that allows you to change armour, speed, AI, damage output etc.

5) a recent addition to the game but the new armada system is a great way to support smaller fleets. However if you have various resources you want to drop in, finding active projects that need them is a real pain.
    I'd like to see a search function within your armada or maybe a tab to show what's currently required across all the joined fleets with links direct to those projects.
    SulMatuul.png
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    1) less restrictive colour palettes both for ships and costumes, plus have colours that actually look right on items. A lot of uniforms are quite restrictive in what you can do and for example some armour pieces look really odd when you try to change their colours.

2) unlockable space costumes from rep items. This is just an expansion on how the ground uniforms operate. Come on devs, everyone knows players want to have costumes on their ships but are held back by the stats on said items not fitting their build.

3) a means to buy individual component parts of ships such as nacelles, saucers etc. for a much reduced zen cost.
    I'd love the nacelles from the Bellerophron on my Pathfinder but I'm not paying 1500 zen for a single cosmetic item. Now if I could but that one piece for say 100-500 zen I'd probably spend the money.
    Maybe they'd worry about losing sales of whole ships with this but how many of us would buy extra parts for ships and probably spend more than we would on whole ships. People will quite often spend more in a series of small transactions than they will in large single purchases.

4) customisable pets/fighters, in a similar style to how ground kits are done. You get a basic space frame and it comes with x number of module slots that allows you to change armour, speed, AI, damage output etc.

5) a recent addition to the game but the new armada system is a great way to support smaller fleets. However if you have various resources you want to drop in, finding active projects that need them is a real pain.
    I'd like to see a search function within your armada or maybe a tab to show what's currently required across all the joined fleets with links direct to those projects.

I like each of these suggestions, and honestly if they did offer a package deal for older ship parts in the C-store of ones that are not included on newer ships without a purchase of the older (an now kinda worthless if you are talking prior to Tier 4 or 5)ship i think many might buy it. Also these would be already in game so no additional work design or such, just making the pack promo to unlock them for your ships. I could see these going for 500-1000 zen for a package of parts for 3 or four ships, while new design parts for ships not available outside the package could go for 2-3k for a similar amount of ships maybe.
  • risingwolfshadowrisingwolfshadow Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    Just wait for Star Citizen and all your space-sim needs will be filled.
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    [quote="alcyoneserene;12778301"]#1 is a given for any such topic, and will sound redundant, but I'll say it anyways

1. Bug fixes: UI Interface-generated FPS lag, Console click activation lag, connectivity/stability issues, general bug fixes
    2. Gameplay expansion: balanced PvP/E, semi-permanent territory control, team deathmatch/capture the flag, build/maintain/repair team-territory buildings and resources, vehicle combat (jetpacks, combat suits, atv, tank, boat, aircraft), environmental damage/destruction, underwater exploration/combat, functional ship interior missions/resources, admiralty strategy/exploration 2D interface with maps waypoints and other players/fleet/factions, full 3D space orientation option, dynamic weather/seasons and day/night cycles, ship bridge screen and windows displaying changing environments based on sector or system space, non-geostationary space stations, rotating and orbiting planetary bodies within system space, space/terrain hazard zones, system failures requiring multi-instance repair teams (sabotage, time-space anomalies, attacks, accidents), Tier 1-4 ship missions/PvP/E, random events in STFs, self-moderated invite-only 'public map' instances (kick/ban players), permanent ship/character damage/injury option with team repair/revival only STF options
    3. Gameplay content: large-scale planet maps, locations, multi-level structures (buildings, caves, ships, large mountains), exploration systems, different STFs that rotate daily/weekly with different objectives, independent Romulan Faction & RSE, Romulan and KDF T6 Science ships and carriers

The options are endless. Other games are already doing this. PWE needs to invest more into STO to attract more players and minimize the grind and overpriced content.[/quote]

Pretty much this ..,

+ better hair options/ patterns for caitians/ fersians.
    + ability to set fov ... I am alwYs having the issue that my fov is so small I can't see the environment around me and my targets.. I don't like having to reset the fov in every map movement.
    + better clothing options ( fully clothed ) in KDF my alien toons are so limited.
    + more hair options period .. Braids etc ..
    + ability combine alien pattern with makeup.. Or combine scars etc
    + having pattern in the cardassian neck pattern continue down the body and not stop in top of the neck .. Similar to the trill trait.. For example The alien spots also stops at the neck .. There are several of these that needs to be corrected.
    + allow you to borgify an old character. If I get lifetime account I don't want to have to remake my main toon.
    + allow cross faction teaming ..
    + when I am rom I hate that I have to pick fed or KDF.. I always regret my choice afterwards.. Switching or not having to choose would be nice
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    - Better ingame mail system. It's a pain to find stuff ., I like to be able to sort my nails and delete nails more easily.
    - Better chat system with character pic on the room you are talking to for visual immersion.
    - Functioning voice chat system. I don't want to use TS. Allow those that don't want to talk stay mute and talk via chat.
    - Nicer and more functioning UI. It's ok but it could be cooler.
    - Allow to set your fov ground And space globally. My fov is always to small and I always forget the command that allow me to change it.
    - updated look to ds9.
    - social zones merged with missions on important locations such as Vulcan, Andoria, Betazed and Ferenginar.
    - Have the PVE list reduced with cycled missions for Queing but allow all maps open for private que. To few people playing PVE at times difficult to get some maps started. To many PVE..
    - seperate space for pets.
    - Allowing lockbox uniforms be account lock.
    - Allowing special event items be account locked.