test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please, don't return the mirror event in it's current state (again)

13»

Comments

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    A great place for XP in its day.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    ltminns wrote: »
    Well the funny thing is that the Blog announcing the Event said that the Event Map was revamped. Not true, this must have been a Copy/Paste from the first of the new MI after removal of the beloved old Queue.

"Beloved old queue" ROFL, that was the only queue back then I avoided like the plague, old MI was awful, it sucked so damn bad, nothing good about it at all.

It was a simple "kill all enemies" mission. Those have their fans, too.

And at least it didn't make you wait.
  • dheffernandheffernan Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    marcel314 wrote: »
    After weeks filled with afkers (who run advanced programms to avoid afker penalty + seeing the same afker some days later), people who don't do objectives, people who lose against mirandas in normal and waiting 5-7 Minutes if you run with fleet/with good people and that for the 3rd time i'm done with the mirror event.
    Please remove it in it's current state.

Seconded, this event is simply horrible. The mission itself is poorly designed and the event requires running it far past the point of disgust.

And for the love of the baby kuvah'magh, will you please do away with the 20-hour timer idiocy? Tasks intended to run daily should reset at the same time as the dilithium refinement reset. Otherwise if you run the task at an odd time due to RL it can throw your schedule off for days.
    @Venture-1. @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that. Yes, that Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. You'll have to be specific; for me it was Tuesday.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    dheffernan wrote: »
    marcel314 wrote: »
    After weeks filled with afkers (who run advanced programms to avoid afker penalty + seeing the same afker some days later), people who don't do objectives, people who lose against mirandas in normal and waiting 5-7 Minutes if you run with fleet/with good people and that for the 3rd time i'm done with the mirror event.
    Please remove it in it's current state.

Seconded, this event is simply horrible. The mission itself is poorly designed and the event requires running it far past the point of disgust.

And for the love of the baby kuvah'magh, will you please do away with the 20-hour timer idiocy? Tasks intended to run daily should reset at the same time as the dilithium refinement reset. Otherwise if you run the task at an odd time due to RL it can throw your schedule off for days.

they are not intended to be run daily they are intended to be run every 20 hours if you wish to, many players have made use of this feature to gain extra event tokens to fill unfinished event projects, so they can more easily juggle multiple alts, to get extra tokens to get a head start on the next time the event occurs or just to get extra bonus runs for the bonus marks and dilithium.
    this is an intentional feature put in by the devs for these purposes.
    it also has the bennifit of giving players an 8 hour window 4hrs before and 4hrs after on their normal time to allow for personal reasons on wanting to do it slightly earlier or slightly later on the odd occasion so if I normally do it at say 7pm I can do it one day at say 10pm with the knowledge that I can return to my normal time the next day.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• dheffernandheffernan Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    they are not intended to be run daily they are intended to be run every 20 hours

Which is daily.
    if you wish to, many players have made use of this feature to gain extra event tokens to fill unfinished event projects

Corner cases, not worth considering.
    this is an intentional feature put in by the devs for these purposes.

Codswallop; if they wanted you to get more than one token per day they'd remove the timer entirely.
    it also has the bennifit of giving players an 8 hour window 4hrs before and 4hrs after on their normal time to allow for personal reasons on wanting to do it slightly earlier or slightly later on the odd occasion so if I normally do it at say 7pm I can do it one day at say 10pm with the knowledge that I can return to my normal time the next day.

Do it my way and players will have a 24 hour window.
    @Venture-1. @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that. Yes, that Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. You'll have to be specific; for me it was Tuesday.
  • theindefatigabletheindefatigable Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    As many others have said here, and as many in my circle of STO friends have also said, remove the time gate and make mirror "stompable" like Crystalline is, and this will be bearable. Virtually everyone I've talked to about this last mirror event failed to complete nearly as many characters' mirror runs as they originally set out to do. My experience has therefore been the same as other posters here: participation in this event seems to have been noticeably lesser than during past events, due to fatigue and also lack of interest in the special reward for this particular event.

Remove/lessen time-gate and make the holographic "tommy gun" from Star Trek: First Contact the next reward and I guarantee you, my fleet's participation in mirror will shoot straight up. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
    Founding member, Special Service Squadron
    "Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Well I actually enjoy the event.

1) decent end reward of dilithium and a shiny toy plus plenty of marks along the way.
    2) lots of enemies to shoot which meant I had lots of chances to develop and refine new tactics and builds to make it more efficient. That helps me in other queues as well.
    3) the npcs actually use a variety of abilities and offer some challenge to outwit rather than the same boring old Borg nonsense.
    4) it's a mission where for once it's not all about the dps. So that to me is a step in the right direction in terms of mission design.

Now to improve it I think the timer has to go, or at least be dynamic enough so that if you fully power up the station or close say 30 rifts it moves to stage 2. Alternatively have rifts keep spawning all the time and every rift over 30 or so give twice the number of points, therefore massively increasing the rewards.
    The reason people go afk is because it doesn't affect the end result. But give out massive rewards for active participation and a really good run and maybe they'll not go afk? Make it so that a decent run canny be done without all five players. Or add in a penalty to half the rewards of the station dies. Anything to make players less inclined to go afk would be great.

There is maybe a need for a vote kick or blacklist system but that's not a discussion for here. But it's something that needs to be addressed or at least acknowledged.
    SulMatuul.png
  • titansupremetitansupreme Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Back in the day, original old-school MI was a great way to level up a toon when you were bored doing missions. That's one STF that I wish they would bring back.
    2821j4m.jpg