test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Carrier - Fleet Ships-Never again

This is my first and last time I am purchasing fleet ships. For one thing they don't come with a V mastery skill. . . second, they don't come with the console mod from the C-Store ship. The lack of console mod was NEVER mentioned in the description. Maybe it is supposed to be common knowledge, but not putting it in the description is just not right. What about the new people (or even people who have been playing for 5 years who don't know this). I feel like I was baited then switched. . . . At least you should be able to pick up the console mod in a store. . . .

Having to purchase the c-store ship just to get the mod for the fleet version is not right. This whole game has become a money making trick. I am truly getting frustrated with this financial model.

I am done. . . last time for making any c-store or fleet ship purchases. This has completely ruined my experience.

Comments

• oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    Ships from the Fleet store have never come with the unique console. That's a C-Store only perk. You can still use the consoles on the Fleet versions, though.

Truth be told, I don't like the deal with the starship traits either. I guess they figured people were going to by the C-Store versions anyway (for the FSM discount and consoles), why not get some mileage out of the purchase? Since I have never purchased a ship solely for the FSM discount, that doesn't exactly work for me. I would prefer the ability to earn the traits on the Fleet versions as well. So, I feel ya here.
  • xayssxayss Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    mmmm i have the jupiter fleet version i dont care the last trait,i got tons of trait and the console less ,the fleet version got extran slot more hull like all fleet versions of many of c store always are better version.there many fleet versions of of regular ships store the only advantage of c store version all you toons can use but i dont care that too
    nexus.jpg

• rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    The same thing happened to me. It sucks. You really need to buy both (in the correct order no less) to get the best of both worlds. There really should be some severe discount on the c-store version if you already have the fleet version.
    They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Apparently, you didn't make a C-Store purchase, at least not one of the ship.

What would make you think you would be able to get an upgraded version of a $30 ship, with all the bells and whistles for only $25 worth of FSMs? If it seems to good to be true, it probably is, and the information is very readily available.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    That has been made clear for many months that Fleet Ships don't have the Tier 5 Mastery. Looks like you haven't paid attention.

There have never been Consoles on any Fleet Ship or any non C-Store version of a ship you purchase from the NPC vendor. If it has the Zen Symbol or Zen cost in that venue it has a Console. If it has a Dilithium Cost, Fleet Credit cost, EC cost, or Special Token cost then not.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Well it's no help now but if you're uncertain about something or if you're doing something for the very first time, ask the community! There's your fleet, if you are a member of one, or the zone chat, or the channel "NoP Public Service", where you can ask your questions. Better safe than sorry.
  • robbie222222robbie222222 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    the entire fleet concept is on life support.........fleet ground and space gear are ultra rare level 12 max. ( YOU COULD NOT REACH ULTRA RARE THROUGH CRAFTING ORIGINALLY ) , but now that you can craft anything to ultra rare and beyond....not to mention level 14 . All the time and dilithium people put into fleets was nerfed with the epic level 14 crafting for all level 60 players not in a fleet.
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Although it may seem like a cash-grab, there is some logic to why they do things the way they do them.

Z-store ships are usually good enough for most people, and they're account-wide unlocked once you buy them. For those with multiple characters, or for those without a fleet and no interest in joining one, there is limited reason to buy a fleet variant and the standard variant may be more interesting in these cases.

The standard Z-store ships are usually good enough, which means that people usually buy that ship anyways. If you do decide to only buy the fleet ship, then it's kinda logical that you don't get everything you would have gotten if you had bought the standard ship first.
    I buy my ships at the C-Store.

The only thing they sell at the Z-Store are tinfoil hats.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    bergins wrote: »
    I buy my ships at the C-Store.

The only thing they sell at the Z-Store are tinfoil hats.

Meh, there's a 'z' (albeit a strange one, but it still looks nothing like a 'c' ;) ) in the little icon.
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 283 Arc User
    This is my first and last time I am purchasing fleet ships. For one thing they don't come with a V mastery skill. . . second, they don't come with the console mod from the C-Store ship. The lack of console mod was NEVER mentioned in the description.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9667053-star-trek-online:-building-jupiter

Fleet Carrier [T6]

The Fleet Carrier [T6] has been specifically designed to support your Fleet. Fleet Starships are built to the highest standard and have increased Hull Hit Points, Shield Strength and an additional Console slot. Tier 6 Fleet ships do not have a fifth Starship Mastery level and thus do not unlock a Starship Trait.

The Fleet Carrier [T6] features a Lieutenant Commander Engineering/Intel bridge officer seat.

The Fleet Carrier [T6] has a pair of hangar bays equipped with Peregrine Fighters. These light craft are equipped with Phaser Pulse Cannons and Micro Photon Torpedoes.

Ship Details

Tier: 6
    Availability: Fleet Shipyard Tier 4
    Faction: Starfleet
    Required Rank: Vice Admiral
    Hull Strength: 49,335 at level 50 and 57,200 at level 60
    Shield Modifier: 1.375
    Crew: 2200
    Weapons: 3 Fore, 3 Aft
    Device Slots: 4
    Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Lieutenant Tactical, 1 Lieutenant Commander Engineering/Intel, 1 Lieutenant Science, 1 Commander Science, 1 Lieutenant Universal
    Console Modifications: 3 Tactical, 4 Engineering, 4 Science
    Base Turn Rate: 6 degrees per second
    Impulse Modifier: 0.15
    Inertia: 30
    +10 Shield Power, +10 Auxiliary Power
    Can load Dual Cannons
    Sub-System Targeting
    Hangar Bays: 2
    Hangar Bays loaded with Peregrine Fighters
    Starship Ability Package (Science Carrier)
    Quick Deployment (+Pet XP, -Hangar Pet Recharge Time)
    Armored Hull (+Max Hull HP)
    Reactive Shield Technology (+Shield Regen/Hardness)
    Advanced Shield Systems (+Max Shield HP)

Also, no console in the list. So, you didn't read anything, went for the fleet version, then you claim you were not warned. There is a warning right in the news!!
    ryuga81.png
    edited November 2015
    It's the Cryptic Store, thus the name. The currency is Zen, thus the symbol.

@ryugasirius : Yeah, I was hoping someone would look up the actual writeup, complete with "The lack of console mod [that] was NEVER mentioned in the description."
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    ltminns wrote: »
    That has been made clear for many months that Fleet Ships don't have the Tier 5 Mastery. Looks like you haven't paid attention.

There have never been Consoles on any Fleet Ship or any non C-Store version of a ship you purchase from the NPC vendor. If it has the Zen Symbol or Zen cost in that venue it has a Console. If it has a Dilithium Cost, Fleet Credit cost, EC cost, or Special Token cost then not.
    To back up what you're saying:

The Shipyard Information via the NPC for example makes it quite known what you get with the C-Store or Fleet version of a ship.

In addition the news page detailing the Jupiter's stats makes it very clear what you get with the basic C-Store and the Fleet version of the ship.

If a player is not one to keep track of the STO news page, that's fine. But there in game, STO is VERY CLEAR on what you get and lists point for point. Whether you are looking at the ingame C-Store ship information page, or looking at it from the Shipyard sales NPC, the game is clear on what you get. You can't make it more idiotproof than that.

It's not Cryptic's fault if people do not look before they jump. The information is there.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    This was clarified just yesterday. You must have missed it: Fleet T6 no Mastery Trait, right?

But all is not lost OP. Just buy the C-store version and level it up. You will then get your Starship Mastery and the special console to use on your Fleet ship.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Eh. Like most ship consoles, they're fun for a few days, then you toss 'em anyway (the only ones I kept using are the CrtH one on the T6 bug ship, and the CrtH console of the Manesa).

And the Jupiter Trait is garbage, so you're not really missing out on anything, after all. :) But lesson learned, I hope.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    No intelligent human being would buy the fleet Version outright.
  • allocaterallocater Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    The system is really stupid. The order of buying should not matter. Either there should be a discount on the c-ship if you have the fleet-ship or buying a fleet-ship should not even be possible when you don't have the c-ship.
  • hunteralpha84hunteralpha84 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    TRIBBLE sake not this thread again.

Do yourself a favour and do some basic research before buying any ship. Fleet ships have never come with a console or trait.
  • banatinebanatine Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    the entire fleet concept is on life support.........fleet ground and space gear are ultra rare level 12 max. ( YOU COULD NOT REACH ULTRA RARE THROUGH CRAFTING ORIGINALLY ) , but now that you can craft anything to ultra rare and beyond....not to mention level 14 . All the time and dilithium people put into fleets was nerfed with the epic level 14 crafting for all level 60 players not in a fleet.

Well, i'm not sure i would agree with that totally. Granted, [Pen] Weapons are king, but the Advanced Fleet [Dmg]x2 [CrtD]x2 weapons are easily the best weapons available for their price by far. And since the Gold plating isn't really worth the trouble anyway, it's MUCH better for 99% of players to just take those weapons to Mk14, that to try and build a set of the perfect crafted beams.
    Real Temporal Operative: Purchased the Special Temporal Agent pack before it was even officially announced!
  • banatinebanatine Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Oops, accidental double post.
    Real Temporal Operative: Purchased the Special Temporal Agent pack before it was even officially announced!
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    Yes OP, never buy a fleet ship again . . . WITHOUT BUYING THE C-STORE VERSION FIRST.

1. It unlocks the ship and admiralty card for all alts. Sometimes useful for the trait even if you don't want to fly the ship
    2. The Fleet version then only costs 1 module not 5.
    3. You get the console and trait

Perhaps Cryptic could have a pop-up warning in ship and shuttle requisitions for people like OP who refuse to read about the difference between C-Store and fleet ships, even though every new ship stat post mentions them.
    Society's most widespread problem, reaching into all parts of our society, rich or poor, educated or not:

Voluntary Illiteracy - Being willing to not read the fine or bold print, and blaming the resulting lack of knowledge on others.
    LOL. The usual grandstanding in these threads is hilarious. ;) Whether it's about Kemo, or Fleet ships, ppl are so incredibly eager to pile-on, and voice that they don't need to rely on crutches, or would never make the mistake the OP made, that all reason is lost in the process.

Fact of the matter is, that the OP certainly has a point. And that is because Cryptic presents matters in an either/or 'C-Store ship (used to be 2,500 Zen) vs. 5x Fleet Ship Modules (also 2,500 Zen)' way. When it's the first Fleet ship you buy, it's quite reasonable to overlook the caveats of direct-Fleet purchases. Yes, it doesn't really say you get the console on the Fleet ship; but it doesn't explicitely say you don't get it either. That could be much clearer. Here's how this goes down: a trusting customer reads the stats for the Jupiter, thinks "Cool, I want that!" And then decides he might as well just go for the Fleet version. Naturally, this first-time Fleet-ship buyer isn't going to double-check the entire item-list, to see whether they perchance removed an item for the Fleet ship (if for nothing else, because it's conceptually logical to assume the Fleet ship will always be better, in every way).

So, could you guys possibly give the OP a break, and not pile-on so anxiously?!

'No Tier V Mastery Trait' is Cryptic's way of saying "We really just want you to buy the C-Store version first." Fine. But all of this can be done much better. Like a pop-up window, with a warning that you will miss out on the C-Store perks, if you go direct-Fleet. That would go a long way towards making things a lot more clear for first-time Fleet ship buyers. Or, as others have suggested, make the discount vice-versa, and offer the C-Store ship at a highly reduced price as well, when ppl bought the Fleet ship first.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    But, @meimeitoo, if...

...it were true that the description didn't say the fleet version doesn't come with the trait & console (not true, it does) or...

...the OP hadn't come into the forums claiming Cryptic "baited then switched" using a "money making trick" (both direct quotes from the OP) then...

... you might have had a point. But you don't.
    But, @meimeitoo, if...

...it were true that the description didn't say the fleet version doesn't come with the trait & console (not true, it does) or...

...the OP hadn't come into the forums claiming Cryptic "baited then switched" using a "money making trick" (both direct quotes from the OP) then...

Where exactly does it explicitely say the Fleet ship doesn't come with the C-Store console?

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9667053-star-trek-online:-building-jupiter

If it did, you might have had a point. But you don't. :P

Seriously, it's quite a reasonable thing for a first-time Fleet-ship buyer to overlook. And yes, the OP overdid it a bit on the anger, but he still has a point: Cryptic should make this a lot more clear. In fact, they might as well overhaul the entire Fleet-ship concept, now that they are immediately available these days (which just means you have to double-grind the Mastery in a row, which is kinda silly).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    Laying this out for the OP, ALWAYS buy the C-Store ship first so the fleet version costs you 5 bucks, thta's one fleet module.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    But, @meimeitoo, if...

Where exactly does it explicitely say the Fleet ship doesn't come with the C-Store console?

If it did, you might have had a point. But you don't. :P

Seriously, it's quite a reasonable thing for a first-time Fleet-ship buyer to overlook. And yes, the OP overdid it a bit on the anger, but he still has a point: Cryptic should make this a lot more clear. In fact, they might as well overhaul the entire Fleet-ship concept, now that they are immediately available these days (which just means you have to double-grind the Mastery in a row, which is kinda silly).

DUDE... In that very link you posted, the trait and console is CLEARLY listed in the C-Store version of the ship. In the very same link, the FLEET version is listed with its stats.
    - Edit: Why would anyone put 2 sets of stats up? Because there's fundamental differences.

The normal version has these entries:
    Console - Universal - Fleet Coordination Matrix
    As well as
    Insult to Injury (Starship Trait)

2 things the Fleet version clearly did not have. It also goes on to say this:
    "Tier 6 Fleet ships do not have a fifth Starship Mastery level and thus do not unlock a Starship Trait."

I also want to repeat that even if someone did not give 1 f*** about reading the news page, the ingame C-Store Page on the Jupiter, the Shipyard NPC to buy ships from clearly lists what both ships do and do not come with.

The game LISTS for you, point for point, what comes with the different ships. If one item says it has X and Y in the product description, then it should have X and Y, yes? If you look at a similar product, it it does not say it has X and Y, do you buy it and assume it has them? How much more idiotproof does it need to be done?

Does Cryptic need to make you take a quiz to test you on what you are about to purchase? Because the info is already out there, laid out.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Seriously this is true unadulterated entitlement mentality now, and is completely childish as anyone with some common sense would get why you will not get the console or fifth trait on a fleet ship you do not have to spend money on. The c-store ship makes the company money an is why they made the game to make money, where as the fleet ship is not going to make them money at all unless you bought the c-store version first, but yet also the fleet version has improved stats to make up for the lack of console an trait. Hell i would have made it that you have to have bought the c-store ship to be able get the fleet version, as that would have secured many more people buying ship instead of just bypassing paying anything for the ships.