test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please, don't return the mirror event in it's current state (again)

After weeks filled with afkers (who run advanced programms to avoid afker penalty + seeing the same afker some days later), people who don't do objectives, people who lose against mirandas in normal and waiting 5-7 Minutes if you run with fleet/with good people and that for the 3rd time i'm done with the mirror event.
Please remove it in it's current state.

Comments

• Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Given the overall success of the event which was probably 1/8 of what it has been 2 years ago I conclude next time we won’t have enough peeps to queue up for it anyway to get it started.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Lol you expect sto to be here in 2 years? And even if that would be the case they will have stopped development by then for sure. Look at what we got this time .. Doffing 1.1.. This time with ships lol

@topic
    Completely agree
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    I miss the older version ot the Mirror Invasion Event. I liked it better because it was more fun to play. But that one had AFKer's as well. Complaining here about AFKer's is like shouting at a brick wall. It makes me feel better to vent but the wall does not care.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    Lol you expect sto to be here in 2 years? And even if that would be the case they will have stopped development by then for sure. Look at what we got this time .. Doffing 1.1.. This time with ships lol

@topic
    Completely agree

Yes, that was all we got for Season 11, only that, nothing else...... :*
  • Options
    teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User

@topic
    Completely agree

To be fair, the Admiralty system was what people were asking for. A way to reuse old ships. Personally, I could take it or leave it, but it does produce a little more immersion into the role of being an Admiral.
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
  • Options
    divvydavedivvydave Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    qjunior wrote: »

@topic
    Completely agree

Yes, that was all we got for Season 11, only that, nothing else...... :*

Not quite, we did get exploration back in the game LMAO.

@ OP
    Yea totally agree didn't even manage to finish on 1 char this time round.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    This will always be an issue on events and group playing. All the years I did battlegrounds on WoW we always had some in the map somewhere.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The problems of current Mirror Invasion queue stem from the fact that phase 1 is a timed wait with only optional objectives for players to do. From there we get the extreme time sink when doing it on multiple toons, the boredom of waiting, the complaining and name-calling by the people who object to others skipping the optionals, etc.

It would be relatively simple to fix it, simply by replacing the timer with a requirement to close a certain number of portals.
  • Options
    helgmornhelgmorn Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    Managed to run it with 6 toons, they all had around 7 done from last event, so only half way, I did it, but I can agree, probably will not do Mirror again.

1) its boring after so many times.
    2) objectives are stupid as they are time gated
    3) 15 minutes, times that by 6 toons, thats 1.30 a day plus que times ect, I can make more in reward playing other content in that time, the 50k di-li pot at end is neither here nor there!

Agony Rifle looks cool, but at what cost to fun.

Had to complete to get Shotgun from last event, but it would take a Uber T6 ship to make me want to do it again on a single character!

Would be so much better if cutscenes were removed, forced timer removed in start and cutscenes from middle, make objectives close rifts and T5 on starbase thingy, then one animation Capow from Starbase, all ships disappear, new rifts, end sequence, not wait.

This way a good team will do it in half the time, have fun doing it, no room for akf as there is a fail, makes running pre-made even better due to common interest to get it done, cuts down on excess time for reward compared to other content!

Not moaning or anything, love this game, but Mirror event not so much
  • Options
    doylem33doylem33 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    I agree with this. The mission is easy marks on normal but due to its time gated nature and overall design you cannot effect the progression of the map like you can with the Crystalline Event. Whatever action you take, i.e blowing up mirror ships in the dozens or sitting afk, or zipping round levelling up the star base. It doesn't speed up the games progression to the Dreadnought battle.
    After i come out of therapy from grinding through this event over 220 times i shall not be taking part in any future ones.

The grind thats Mirror Incursion makes me go crazy, The grind thats Mirror Incursion makes me go crazy, The grind thats Mirror Incursion makes me go crazy, The grind thats Mirror Incursion makes me go crazy, The grind thats Mirror Incursion makes me go crazy, The grind thats Mirror Incursion makes me go something something....
  • Options
    nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    I didn't do it on all the alts, and I only did normal version... But I did it about a couple times a day every day, and apart from one case where my router crashed just as the dreadnought was about to appear (whoever was with me in that one... Sorry, I didn't mean to.) I honestly didn't see any horrors other people describe... Just some runs that might have gone better.
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Please ignore the OP and increase the frequency of the Mirror Event to at least twice a year. Thank You.
    ​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    I only did it on a couple of Delta toons for Marks that I plan to max their rep on, collect the blue rocks that result and delete. I had a couple of either who collect the required 14 turn in, but I'm saving those for next year in case I want the reward.

I will not play it next year. Worse experience in the game currently.
  • Options
    devilzaphandevilzaphan Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Simple solution for Cryptic, make it like the holiday events, one toon and unlock account wide. Problem solved.
    Romulan sexy time
    romulancommander1.jpg

• Options
    tritium4evartritium4evar Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    STO desperately needs a vote kick feature. Yes, these things are always open to abuse, but it would get rid of the AFKers. Works extremely well in WoW, and it'd work here too.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    I managed it on two romulans and a partial on my gorn as he had 60% done towards the shotgun from last year.... I couldnt be arsed to even try and get dil/marks from it after gettin the rifle... it was bad
  • Options
    darrylhainesdarrylhaines Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    This wouldn't happen if Cryptic would STOP TIME GATING THE STF's.....The borg STF's are popular for a reason....
  • Options
    yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    My only real issue with the mirror event is the magnetometric overload pulse that frequently blows ship away from your firing range/arc... to some extent also the swarms of frigates, that tend to interrupt you in the most inconvenient moments, but those can at least be pewpewed into oblivion.

Oh yeah, and also hearing "Firing plasma lance, in 3... 2... 1...!" all the time :smiley:

Plus there is also the small mystery of why the terrans don't attack the power relays. They should be able to figure out they are channeling power to the station, making it deploy more defenses... Yet they are either camping at the rifts or zerging the station...

...and when the Vauthil emits the anti-tachyon pulse, why doesn't it affect the mirror ship that I'm sitting in...
  • Options
    reiklingraiderreiklingraider Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    How many alts are the people complaining trying to run through the mirror event? I ran four characters through it and don't really have any complaints or hatred towards it. I thought everyone knew STO became alt unfriendly with the release of Delta Rising.
  • Options
    delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    I miss the older version ot the Mirror Invasion Event. I liked it better because it was more fun to play. But that one had AFKer's as well. Complaining here about AFKer's is like shouting at a brick wall. It makes me feel better to vent but the wall does not care.

Same, the old version was infinitely more enjoyable. The new version was nothing but an exercise in frustration and annoyance. And it had nothing to do with AFKers and everything to do with game/level design.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I picked four out of twelve Characters to run MI. Not a problem doing that. Then in the middle of this they run a Shuttle Event.

I was surprised that Atmospheric Assault was not run by tons of people. Numbers were low, but it pretty much always popped. I gave up on Klingon Fleet Alerts. The Federation one had more takers and I did it once but the Marks payout was much lower than AA.

AA was my go to PVE after running the obligatory MI. Really, Marks in AA could range as high as 215 or so and with the Daily Bonus 270. MI with Daily Bonus maybe around 115 for Normal.

I did run an extra daily run or two of MI on one of my Fed Science in a Palisades. More fun there. A bit too much waiting around but as I said earlier I never ran into AFKers.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    The people that decided to run the event on multiple, sometimes 10 or more, toons have no one to blame but themselves.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Given the overall success of the event which was probably 1/8 of what it has been 2 years ago I conclude next time we won’t have enough peeps to queue up for it anyway to get it started.

Quite possibly.

I did the event on my 3 characters, and I can honestly say that I won't be running this event again.

Yes the afker's were annoying, but the time limit was just plain boring. Most runs ended up waiting 6 minutes for the timer...

If they can sort both of those problems out, then it might be worth it
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    lillihennylillihenny Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Those of us who play the game to actually play the game found we had been left twisting in the wind by many of our teammates a lot of the time. People grinding out this queue with multiple alts just stopped trying through the first timed section of the event because putting in any effort was entirely inconsequential in regards to earning the event widget. They'd either refuse to respawn or go sit outside the arena until it was time to sink the dread. Clearly this map needs to be tinkered with. Effort should always hasten access to the end reward.
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    deokkent wrote: »
    svindal777 wrote: »
    The people that decided to run the event on multiple, sometimes 10 or more, toons have no one to blame but themselves.

Off topic. But thanks for contributing.

Wrong
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    Please end the timed gate. I tried to find a way to better use that time but I still had to wait three minutes after I did doffing, crafting, and Admiralty stuff!!!