test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Admiralty Missions Award Ship Cards?

I could have sworn that at least 2 admiralty missions I successfully completed awarded a ship card, but my ship inventory doesn't look any different. Looking at my ship inventory, it doesn't look like anything's changed. Am I imagining things?
They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
candle_burning.gif
Plasma Nugget
Rayzee
excellentawesome#4589
torgaddon101
raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.

Comments

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    rickdanko wrote: »
    I could have sworn that at least 2 admiralty missions I successfully completed awarded a ship card, but my ship inventory doesn't look any different. Looking at my ship inventory, it doesn't look like anything's changed. Am I imagining things?

Ship cards are only shown in the roster from the admiralty, not the actual ship roster.
    They are mutually exclusive.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    Ships cards are just that...cards for Admiralty only.
    Most say 1x, meaning one use only.
    Two are awarded at Level 10 (Fed and Klingon); those are Epic gold and can be used over and over again. They show up on the Admiralty roster.
    "Inventory" space is not involved.
  • tvmadoctvmadoc Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    I have quite a few of the "1x" admiralty ship cards, but yesterday received a gold (elite?) Rhode Island that doesn't seem to have an expiration after use. Is that new?
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    tvmadoc wrote: »
    I have quite a few of the "1x" admiralty ship cards, but yesterday received a gold (elite?) Rhode Island that doesn't seem to have an expiration after use. Is that new?

That's what you get for getting level 10 in the fed campaign.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    Ahh. One use only. That's the culprit. So I'm sending these ships and their crews out to be cannon fodder.
    They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    Ahh. One use only. That's the culprit. So I'm sending these ships and their crews out to be cannon fodder.

I think its supposed to be similar to Archer and Shran's "you owe me one" thing. You help out the captain of that ship in whatever mission you acquired it from, and then they return the favor at some point. Choosing to use them as cannon fodder is all you. Personally, I only use them as a last resort if no other ships can do the campaign missions.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I think its supposed to be similar to Archer and Shran's "you owe me one" thing. You help out the captain of that ship in whatever mission you acquired it from, and then they return the favor at some point. Choosing to use them as cannon fodder is all you. Personally, I only use them as a last resort if no other ships can do the campaign missions.
    I sometimes use dupes just to de-clutter.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg