test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Research and Development Weekend

We’re pleased to announce the return of the Research and Development Weekend! This event will run from November 26th at 9:00 AM PST to November 30th at 9:00AM PST, and features several bonuses throughout STO that will give Captains of all levels a leg up advancing their rank in the Research and Development school(s) of their choice.

Learn more details about the bonuses in the R&D Weekend Event.

~LaughingTrendy Wizard Sometimes Chef but Not Really All the Time

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Been lookin forward to this!

sweet_jesus.gif
  • captanjakerainescaptanjakeraines Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    This is nice and all but it's the date and i was wondering, when are we going some news about the upcoming winter event
    (BTW i say this because it snowed where i live yesterday and its almost the end of november)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    Whee... now I have reason to hand out at SFA again.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • yoosty1yoosty1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    The News says the R&D weekend starts at 9am pst on the Nov 26th and ends at 9am pst on Nov 30th. But the in-game Calendar says it starts at 12pm on Nov 26th and ends at 1pm on Nov 30th. You would think they state the same time. So which time is correct for the weekend event.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    I got caught off guard when the nightly dilithium turn in time changed from 8PM EDT to 7PM EST since for some reason I thought the time was always 8PM. Oh well.
    lucho80 wrote: »
    I got caught off guard when the nightly dilithium turn in time changed from 8PM EDT to 7PM EST since for some reason I thought the time was always 8PM. Oh well.

Switches with daylight savings. ;)
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    yoosty1 wrote: »
    The News says the R&D weekend starts at 9am pst on the Nov 26th and ends at 9am pst on Nov 30th. But the in-game Calendar says it starts at 12pm on Nov 26th and ends at 1pm on Nov 30th. You would think they state the same time. So which time is correct for the weekend event.

12PM and 1PM huh? What time zone are you in?
    EDIT: I ask because I'm currently looking in-game and see something very different from what you mentioned. I think it might be based on your personal settings.
  • yoosty1yoosty1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I am in est time zone, but if you look in game when you Hail Star Fleet with the Overview tab open and look at Upcoming Weekend the announcement on the R&D Weekend and the time it says it will star and end.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    This is nice and all but it's the date and i was wondering, when are we going some news about the upcoming winter event
    (BTW i say this because it snowed where i live yesterday and its almost the end of november)

Most likely next week, with the December 3rd (Thursday) maintenance.
    It has never started earlier than the first week of December, which again, is next week.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I'm sure we'll be hearing about Q's on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Then the most glorious time of the year shall commence!
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

edited November 2015
    I'm sure we'll be hearing about Q's on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Then the most glorious time of the year shall commence!

For you, maybe. I'm skipping it. It's the one event I really, really, really hate, because the content is so abysmal and cliche. No ship is worth that kind of grind.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    I just go in there and have fun with the snowmen. I've never tried to grind for the ship, probably never will. It's just a fun diversion for me.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    Yes, but if we use Zulu time then we don't know when the sun rises and sets!
  • daviesdaviesdaviesdavies Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    \my double bonus event usualy starts after a couple drinksss... hiccc
    Mzd8i1c.gif
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    Good for me, that i still had more than 100 RD boxes from Mirror Invasion :)

And btw - Winter Event ships are good, even great if you got set of the consoles....