test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Galaxy Class Saucer Separation

furlong359furlong359 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
About every 3 minutes or after the saucer is disabled, it automaticlly re-attaches it back to me. i have moved the button off the bridge power tray, etc etc. still comes back. super annoying. tried it on three different toons.
thanks.

Comments

• quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    same thing is happening to the aero shuttle console for the Pathfinder . to me , randomly returns it must be due to a debuff the terran empire uses would be my guess though i havent seen a direct correlation to which power if its the effect of or me using a defence buff that triggers the event .
    one of my fleet mates also mentioned a similar issue with T6 galaxy x
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I can confirm it with the T6 Explorer and T5 Dreadnaught cruiser. At the same time I can also say it has nothing to do with distance to the saucer or wether or not it gets disabled. As @quepan said, maybe it's some ability intefering and making the saucer return randomly.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • bluejacket2bluejacket2 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    It is also happening with the Kara, Harkoona and Haapax Class Warbirds.
  • freakiumfreakium Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    Pretty much anything that can separate from your main ship is affected. I just tried with the Bortasqu', same problem.
    m12Pkoj.png
  • quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    yup ran into it with my Hestia , i think it might be sub nuke or something that effects cool downs . im sorry but these consoles shouldn't be effected with any cool down debuffs , they have more than enough cons as it is . and as far as i can remember they were never affected by these debuffs . recall should only be in control of the player never controlled debuffs
    quepan wrote: »
    yup ran into it with my Hestia , i think it might be sub nuke or something that effects cool downs . im sorry but these consoles shouldn't be effected with any cool down debuffs , they have more than enough cons as it is . and as far as i can remember they were never affected by these debuffs . recall should only be in control of the player never controlled debuffs

It seems most certaily a bug, I observed that after an "unwilling" saucer return the cooldown is messed up. the symbol doesn't show one and allows you to immedeatly separate again, the animation will be interrupted and suddenly you are on a (random?) cooldown of 40 or so seconds, at least it happened to me. There's something wrong going on, but so far no acknowledgement of the bug, neither the devs nor the bug hunters.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • destrucer1destrucer1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I have yet to see this. If this is to happen with a support craft from the vulcan science vessel , Then i may be able to possibly see it.
  • neomodiousneomodious Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    I remember seeing something about an unstable warp field makes it so you can't separate/launch, and the machines don't care that those actions already occurred and just reset you to 1 piece/all docked. Try looking for something along those lines.​​
    neomodious wrote: »
    I remember seeing something about an unstable warp field makes it so you can't separate/launch, and the machines don't care that those actions already occurred and just reset you to 1 piece/all docked. Try looking for something along those lines.

That makes sense. Does anyone know which mobs use UWB?​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • destrucer1destrucer1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I remember seeing a cruiser (Galaxy class i think) use it before.
  • admiralbarrettadmiralbarrett Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    The Saucer Separation bug is most certainly present. It is in the Badlands Battlezone and in the Terran Invasion Fleet Event. I had the annoying misfortune to have this reset occur three times in a single fleet action. It needs to be fixed.
  • furlong359furlong359 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    i have noticed it in the mirror event. after the enemy has launched a galaxy class ship saucer sep, after killing it, mine returns to me. also after the cut scene as well
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    Hey Guys!

Just saw this, Gonna Load up what ships I have and do some testing later tonight. I'll let you know what I find.

#BugBashers
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    I wasn't having any issues with it. The saucer on my T6 Gal-X will stay off for a long time.

Here is what's happening: some Terran ships in the mirror universe invasion event use Unstable Warp Bubble, which prevents you from using saucer separation or launching pets. If your saucer is separated it will be cancelled, the saucer will reattach, and it will go into its full 2 minute cooldown. It's possible other NPC ships in the game are also using this skill.

There was another thread about this somewhere on the forums.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Broken_Circle We can get 'Emit Unstable Warp Bubble' ourselves actually from this episode. Engineering boff space skills. You get a training manual for each rank and a recipe unlocked in R&D (engineering I think) so you can craft more if you want. The training manuals, even crafted, are always bound to character though.
  • star23456star23456 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    neomodious wrote: »
    I remember seeing something about an unstable warp field makes it so you can't separate/launch, and the machines don't care that those actions already occurred and just reset you to 1 piece/all docked. Try looking for something along those lines.

That makes sense. Does anyone know which mobs use UWB?​​

Seems to be most terran cruisers, at least from what I've seen so far.
    giphy.gif

• primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2015
    Hey Everyone!

Want to stop by and let you know this is Confirmed - Working as intended

Although it may be frustrating that so many Terrans have the ability. The Ability itself is working correctly.

primar13 wrote: »
    Hey Everyone!

Want to stop by and let you know this is Confirmed - Working as intended

Although it may be frustrating that so many Terrans have the ability. The Ability itself is working correctly.

That makes absolutely no sense. But whatever.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif