test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is Sunrise broken?

I attempted to play Sunrise this afternoon to refresh it in my mind before playing the new one, and I am stuck. In the part where you scan the micronebula, when your sensors are out and you're supposed to use the Scan function, my ship isn't visible and thus I cannot see the directional pointer. I cannot continue as a result. This didn't happen the first time I played it, and I tried restarting the mission and the same thing happened again.

Anyone else have this bug?​​
star_trek_idic_facebook_cover_by_athdaraseleya-d6hri4e.jpg

The D in IDIC doesn't stand for discrimination, and neither does this poster.

Comments

• tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    sometimes it bugs out... you probably auto closed a window or something between scans. I summoned a pet between scans and the window closed before I could hit continue... scan no longer worked. restart or fly around the rock... maybe you will come across the anomaly if it spawned the 2nd one.
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    It's happening to me every time, regardless of what ship I happen to be in. I've also noticed that the bug where one's ship is invisible after respawning has reared its head again.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Same here. The workaround (for Sunrise micronebula, anyway) is to choose "change character" from the main menu and then immediately log in with the same character.

Obviously, if this isn't just Sunrise, this won't work for red alerts, queues and so on... but they don't usually take your minimap away in those, so you can fly using minimap marker as a guide...
  • gaevsprivsmangaevsprivsman Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    Confirmed, two different computers, same problem, ship invisible :(
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    The release notes mention a fix for invisible ships, apparently this caused ships to become invisible :(
  • rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    Did the weekly reward change for Sunrise?
    They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
    edited November 2015
    duplicate post.
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • tinyfistedtinyfisted Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    rickdanko wrote: »
    Did the weekly reward for Sunrise change?

Yes. As of this morning's patch, there's a new featured episode, so the weekly reward for that episode has elapsed.
    86B6EC45459D17DB8AE6CD5F51C13A90CDC00A85
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Sunrise had broken, like the first morning
    Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird...

https://youtu.be/X48weyESpec
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • varthelmvarthelm Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    I havent been able to play it again since the first time. Ever since it is always "in progress" when I hail. It is not In Progress in my mission log though. Got the torp...cant finish the collection. Ah well.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I think I managed to "uninvisibilize" my ship once without logging out. But I don't remember exactly what kind of ability I used. Was it Cloak? Ablative Armour? Some ship mode changes (like for the Dyson Destroyer or the Veteran ship) or saucer/MVAM seperation?
    The only one that might be available on all ships could be using something like Mask Energy Signature. (Science skill.)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    The workaround from @nebfab worked for me. Make as if you are changing character when you reach the second part of the mission, but choose the same character. When it loaded back up my ship was there.
    Q9BWcdD.png
    edited November 2015
    I've played sunrise every week since it debuted. I don't know how I missed getting the complete set. Is there any other way to get the quantum phase catalyst weapon?
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I've had sunrise bug out at the part with the probe, but it only seems to happen if I f-spam through the dialog sequence that happens when you fly up to the planet/moon. When you get to that point, try to flip through the dialog a bit slower and you should be fine.

Edit: As for the invisible ship bug on the new FE, I've had it happen a few times, but only when I tabbed out during loading screens.
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • potencethe1stpotencethe1st Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    You should still be able to choose the rewards you just won't get a weekly FE reward box.
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    This bug has appeared occasionally due to some kind of graphic bug. The workaround is "/demorecord" to get your ship out of the inviso bug, and then "/demorecordstop" to end the record function. This workaround has worked for me.
  • shaltorshaltor Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Another workaround is to use the "Change Ship" button available on your character menu (Where it lists your ship, character, BOFF's). This works especially well in the beginning as you don't lose any progress you have made.
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    It worked perfectly fine for me.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.