test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Uneasy Allies - Kyla Vanzyls dialogue jumbled up

kagasenseikagasensei Member Posts: 526 Arc User
edited November 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
When rendezvousing with Kyla Vanzyl's shuttle in the Hobus System in the mission "Uneasy Allies", her dialogue is completely jumbled up. Text does not correspond to the audio at all, e.g., several dialogue steps are completely mixed up. Makes it really difficult to actually follow what she is saying (not that it makes any sense right now, because the mixed up replies she gives result in many preclusions etc.)

Comments

• jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    Can confirm. It's actually been like that for some time.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • kagasenseikagasensei Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    Not that anyone seems to bother ;)

Anyway, it's more than just an annoying glitch, it prevents a sizable part of this mission to be incomprehensible.
  • tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    Also, the mission cannot be completed during the Hobus base section as the mission has the progression TRIBBLE to a door that refuses to open.
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!
  • kagasenseikagasensei Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    Also, the mission cannot be completed during the Hobus base section as the mission has the progression TRIBBLE to a door that refuses to open.

I played the mission twice recently and have never encountered this issue. Can you reproduce this glitch?
  • ardenwolfeardenwolfe Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Experiencing this glitch right now. . . .

Edit: From a video I'm seeing, the require console never 'lights up', and I get feeling I killed the Romulans outside it too fast with my fabrications. But that's pure speculation on my part.

Restarting the missions . . . with its jack-up dialogue bugs. Seriously? This is the last chapter, and it's now April 2016 and no fixes for this mess?

Edit #2: Yep. Killed them too fast in the doorway. If you killed the first romulans, at range and before the NPC makes her comment about them, the control panel will not light up.