test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Emit Unstable Warp Bubble forces Separation Pets to reattach

jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
I'm not sure which of the Terran vessels can use Emit Unstable Warp Bubble, but every time I get hit by it, it forces my Odyssey's chevron to re-attach.
You're right. The work here is very important.
tacofangs wrote: »
...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.

Comments

• jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    Fairly certain that's WAI; one of its features is preventing deployment of pets or separation abilities; at least per the only tooltip of it I can find.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    This is correct. The saucer is already detached when I'm hit by the ability. I have trouble imagining this is working as intended, mostly because it makes no sense.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    Same thing happens to me with my Dreadnought Cruiser T6 (Gal-X) and Exploration Cruiser T6. For the first couple days of the event I was confused and wondering why my saucer would suddenly reattach itself and eventually noticed the Unstable Warp Bubble debuff on me.

Since it prevents saucer separation it is cancelling the ability instead of just preventing you from using it when the saucer is still attached. I haven't really payed attention to my hangar pets on my T6 Gal-X since the AI is stupid and they insist on going clear to the other side of the map, but I believe they are getting desummoned entirely, forcing me to have to summon completely new pets also. A bit annoying, especially when your pets have ranked up a bit because new pets summoned start at rank 0.

It's not really a big a deal for me since I have the Pilot specialization as my primary and finally got it maxed out. Pilot spec gives a permanent turn rate increase while you have it active and the rate increases as more points are spent in it. So with my saucer reattaching itself my turn rate doesn't go down all that much. I'm also blowing the hell out of everything in seconds either way LOL.

Tip: Engineering Team bridge officer skill can remove Unstable Warp Bubble. The problem is when your saucer separation is cancelled by it, the ability goes into the full 2 minute cooldown no matter what. But removing the debuff quickly will allow you to relaunch hanger pets faster if that's off cooldown.

Overall I believe this skill is working as intended. Hell, I'd go so far as to say Cryptic designed this ability for this very event just to mess with us. :p It is kinda refreshing to see NPC enemies use more advanced stuff like this instead of just knocking a subsystem offline or hitting you with a barely noticeable hazard debuff.

For those who don't know, you can get the skill yourself. I don't recall which Iconian War episode you get it from but the episode reward gives you a boff training manual for each rank of Unstable Warp Bubble. It also automatically unlocks a crafting recipe in R&D Engineering (I think; it's 1 of the R&D schools) so you can craft more. Unfortunately the training manuals are all bound to character instead of account.